Thread: Tow truck driver with painted nails.

Tow truck driver with painted nails.

I drive a tow truck and have my nails painted today. I had them dine yesterday and dont take it off yet. Any way I have been at work now for 8 hours and towed or serviced 8 cars, ate lunch and been to the store and our shop. So far I jave had 1 person say anything at all. Her remark was hey thats my color. I have expended no effort to hide them the entire day. Now I don't know that poeple haven't noticed, don't care or just haven't said anything. Either way it goes to show they aren't out hunting us down in the street.

I have been out and about in male mode with my coral nail polish for about a week! I have been everywhere and know that people have seen them! Only one person has had a reaction to them! It was a grocery clerk who is just one of those SAs that you like. She is an older lady that talks loudly and laughs a lot. Well, she started giggling and I thought she was not going to stop! She said she had never seen finger nail polish on a man before! I explained that I get the manicure and pay for the polish then I am going to wear the polish! She said I don't blame you! Then she went on about how she used to get her toes done! I slipped of a shoe and showed her my silver(pearl) toes! She started giggling again! We wished each other a good night!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have mine painted all the time, have had for a few years now. Here is a picture of the latest incantation.

Untitled-1sm.jpg

I have never gotten any grief from anyone about it. I gets lots of compliments, some I even believe, mostly from women.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Only nice things have been said to me so its not a big deal to most people.

I've gone to yoga class many times with painted toe nails. It's hard to believe, but sometimes the girl on the mat right next to me would admit that she didn't notice.

I'm not sure if everyone is in f their own little bubble or if they just don't see what they don't expect to see.

When I first started this I was always afraid of what people might say, but now I'm pretty unabashed about it. I've only had one comment about it over several years off and on, and that was from a woman who wanted her husband to get a pedi (just for the warm bath and massage part of it).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I've been keeping mine painted all the time for a couple of years now. I have yet to get any negative comments. If I get any feedback at all, it's either asking why, or it is a compliment. If asked, it's always in a curious way and results in a good for you, or cool, response after I explain.

I originally was able to start with clear or nude with the ribbon for thyroid cancer awareness on one nail. That was what my wife was comfortable with. Over time, it progressed into either designs with the awareness ribbon colors or neutral colors. Now, it is pretty much anything I want, as long is it's not flamboyantly feminine like hot pink.

As a matter of fact, I just finished putting a nice light blue on my hands to match my toes, and my wife wants me to paint hers when she gets home from our daughter's place. One dark blue party nail to boot!

Aside from those closest to you, I've found that nobody says anything negative.

Silver Member
    What color/shade are you wearing? Also how was the manicure appointment? Did you pick the color? I only wear fingernail polish enfemme but a few times in drab I have my toes painted during a pedi and the reaction around me has always been pleasant and supportive, often the comment " I want to try his color, it looks great on him".

It may be that you are just comfortable with what you wear and how you wear it.
    I've been wearing nails for a long time now and most don't care! I went to the local rock pool today after doing my legs and nails, I was more worried about the epilator rash and my fake tan washing off than being hunted down for painting my nails!
    And my nails are special at times!
    20170730_230859 (2).jpg
    Real time Stacy!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-02-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: word filter
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

it's a darker purple. Yes I did choose the color. The mani pedi was the same as normal except not as many poeple in there as when I normally go, as I went earlier in the day. Haveing color isn't totally new to me just haveing it at work is. Poeple would have to be blind or seriously not paying attention to not see it as I have them all sign 2 pieces of paper before towing their car. For me I guess it's just another small step.

Gold Member
    If Asked why; You could say that you paint your nails so as to see them for safety.
    If you see your nails, you are less likely to put them in a harmful location.
    Just a Thought.
    Rader

Good idea Radar except I wear gloves when working the bed. Besides the dirt and stuff that might stick in my hand it is usually very hot.no sense getting burned.

It is now day 4 for the second comment. Today I was told nice nail polish, by a nice lady we talked for the 25 minutes I wa towing her car mostly about Las Vegas as she is from Pittsburg, I only bring that up to show I domt think it was sarcastic or rude in any way.

There's a big difference between Las Vegas and a small town in West Texas. A tow truck driver here would definitly have to use Radars suggestion of I do it for safety.

I think it is awesome that you're getting positive feedback on your nails. I keep my toenails painted...but fingernails are only done when I dress...for now. Your post has me rethinking that strategy.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

As a former tow truck driver in the 70s , if I had painted nails then I'd be out of a job. Now it seems that the times are a changing. Good for you.

I have been driving tow trucks for 38 years and I polish my fingers in clear full time and my toes in mostly dark pinks and sometimes red. Never had a problem.

That is so great. I have not yet had my nails done, but want to. Are most nail bars accepting of men who want their nails painted/etc?

I have only been out once showing off painted toe nails. It was a hotel hot tub and nobody said a word.

The smallest toes on my feet have very little nail and are impossible to paint. Any longer and they tear my hose and snag my bedsheets. Am I alone in this?

Quote Originally Posted by maninfemclothes View Post
    That is so great. I have not yet had my nails done, but want to. Are most nail bars accepting of men who want their nails painted/etc?
    I've never had a problem. They like our money just as well.