Thread: I, too, have met a GG!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Smile I, too, have met a GG!

Way too early on in the whole thing, but I dunno... This one seems, dare I say it, different?

But perhaps just wishful thinking on my part.

Still internally processing some things on my own with all this, as we're currently spending some time apart due to outside circumstances. And yeah, for the record, I miss her like crazy, more than I thought I would.

Of course, should things start getting further along, I do realize that the whole CD'ing thing will have to come up at some point. From what I understand, I think she would probably take it okay, as she appears to be "LGBT-friendly."

And it's not like I still do the whole "kit-and-kaboodle" with all this... I know in my mind & soul, that those days are long gone. But I am still a hoodie & leggings kinda gal, er guy, er whatever -- which I believe would probably be a bit more "palatable" for an SO, when compared to getting all dolled-up with the whole 9 yards. Not saying that's right or wrong, but just my take on it, anyway.

In any event, this forum has been a big help to me, due to all the past discussion that I've read (and even sometimes been a part of) regarding telling one's SO. Weird when it seems like it might start personally hitting home -- but at the same time, I feel like I'm much better prepared for something of this nature because of y'all.

So, just wanted to say: Thanks!

Good luck. I recommend telling her sooner, rather than later. Remember, there ane still a whole lot of people out there who are LGBT friendly, but who are nevertheless firmly NIMBY (not in my back yard). Many a girl on this site have stumbled into that reality.

Im one of the lucky ones in that, after my wife of 34 years passed away, and after a period of lonliness, I started dating a wonderful woman who is now my wife. Less than a year into dating, when I knew I was getting serious, I told her all about Rhonda. It took her awhile to understand what crossdressing/transgenderism is, and that I'm not gay, but now I switch roles as I choose, whe encourages me and buys me clothes and we shop together, and she has no problem with me out in the world as Rhonda. But remember -- at the moment I told her, I was putting our entire relationship on the line.

So again, good luck to you. The good ones are out there.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I too echo what Rhonda is saying, tell you must and soon, if as I understand this is going the way you want it to it is better to offload your secrets especially about dressing, leave it too late and the whole thing could blow up in your face and leave you right back at the beginning.
    I wish you all the best on this but heed our advice about telling.

I really do wish you well on your quest, sounds like you really like her!

It will always worry me that we can sometimes think that another may accept a few of those little things which we may do, maybe those more "palatable" things!
    It will always worry me that if I or we CD, it in fact is part of who we are and it may come back!

I wish you all the best, and hope that she is the one!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I hope it goes well for you, Laura.
    As for the timing, sooner rather than later, but not too soon. This something important and fairly personnel. Unless you're out to everyone, it is not something you would share with a casual acquaintance. Doing so too soon could be seen as awkward and inappropriate. Now, if the relationship starts to get serious, it's reasonable to share. Indeed, you might preface "the talk" with how you recognize and value the relationship and, for that reason, need to "share something with you".
    Again, best of luck to you.

Hugs,

Kelly

Gold Member
    I told my wife on our second date that I like to wear a dress. On the third date, she wanted to see
    what I looked like. We where married about 12 months later, and for 19 of the best years of
    my life. She is with the Angles now.
    So go easy, and go slow. You might be surprised on the outcome.
    Good Luck.
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If it were me? I would wait for the relationship to heat up again before considering, "the talk". It may not in either case!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good luck!

Recently, there was a girl who appeared interested in me, but by dropping hints and asking particular question I soon realized that althoug LGBT friendly, she wouldn't be happy at all with her guy weaing women's clothes. In her opinion there is reason for a man to wear somehing that is intended for a woman, and were she to find her guy doing something like that, whe would be repulsed and lose all respect she had for him. Which is a shame, because I really liked her...

Anyway, I hope it will turn differently for you. Good luck again!

Platinum Member
    Hi Laura, You should think about telling her before you both invest a lot of time and effort in this relationship......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There are a lot of people who are LGBT friendly in the general sense but are really creeped out about it on the personal level.

I didn't tell my wife before we got married. Hey, there was nothing to tell; I didn't know what it was either. But when she gets angry like she did a few days ago, she through it all back at, all "the lies and deception [her words]".

I wish you luck. But just to be clear, there are a lot of advocates here on telling early and telling often. IMHO, most of those advocates had a successful experience by telling early. What you don't hear as much about is those that told early and failed. YMMV
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I'm in the tell her early camp. I did with my second wife and it has worked out very well.

I'm convinced that had I waited it would have been the classic case "why did you lie to me all this time" type discussion.

Wait until you've dated a few times and feel there is a very good chance the two of you can really connect, but before you've got so much invested in the relationship that you chicken out telling her for fear she will reject you.

this is very exciting! i really hope for you that this new relationship turns out to be the loving accepting type that we all hope to find.