Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hesitant to Shave Face

I've had some sort of facial hair since my early 20's. Goatee some summers, but full beard even through most hot summers. Most had only seen me fully shaven if they saw an old picture of me. I shaved fully just a few weeks ago. One of my "baby steps". It amazing out out of practice I am. My family noticed right away. Some friends haven't commented yet. At work, I've been in my building for over 7 years. None of them have seen me clean shaven. So far only 3 people have noticed. Out of 100. Maybe you're not a wallflower like me, but as many have said, just do it and see what happens. I do love the cool breezes we've had this summer on my naked face! When winter comes, who knows what I'll do.
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

I had facial hair for years when I was younger I finally shaved when I was in my forties I have not had one regret I feel so much more like the girl I am but it was a hard choice.

There is no need to worry that people would jump to conclusions as to why you are clean shaven. You can always come up with an excuse, as others have mentioned. Anyway, try and see for yourself if you like it.

On my part, I haven't been clean shaven since 2010 and have kept stubble or short boxed beard because I like to experiment with cuts (think of it in the way women approach their hair) and how it looks on me. But I think it is easier for me because I don't want to present myself as a woman in any way.