Thread: It really does get easier

It really does get easier

To go out to different venues, Veronica was out yesterday and my so suggested we go to the local rodeo close to where we camp. Well I don't know if you can find a place with more rednecks anywhere else but we spent the entire afternoon wandering around and in the stands and not one sideways glance or word said.

For you ladies that are contemplating going out Go For IT it feels GREAT

Lol just got to laugh as I used to Rodeo and have rode Bulls and Broncs ( not long enough to win much ), you called us red necks but I can tell you the real cowboys are nicer than most people suspect. 99% I bet are some of the most well mannered folks anywhere. Mostly they are very friendly but usually mind their own business. Rodeo has become such an athletic sport that one just has to stay in shape to participate.
    Some might have been curious but unless alcohol is involved they probably would have never caused any problems. The fans are the ones that I would be worried about.
    By the way my old saddle boots as I have said before have a longer heel on them than some of my high heels. Hope you had an enjoyable day. Was it the Calgarey Rodeo? ( sometimes called the Stampede )

Hi Veronica,

I couldn't agree more. I've certainly gotten bolder over time and I'm trying to expand my horizons on each of my (too rare) opportunities to dress up and go out.

Elizabeth

Sounds like you had a great time Veronica, Haven't gone to a rodeo yet as a girl. But I might try it soon. Good gong girl..
    Part Time Girl

I agree, the first time outside of your comfort zone is so hard, but then its just you! I go out regularly now and enjoy every minute. If you are new to this , write a girl on here, me anyone and talk to them. We can always help!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Good points Jaylyn and no not the Stampede just a smaller Rodeo. We were right in the middle of very packed grandstand it was areal confidence booster

Went out in public for the first time Sat night to Walmart shopping... yes it was very stressful at first...but since very few people were in the store it was nice just shopping looking at clothes, jewelry and makeup. Checking out was a little stressful since I was paying with cash and the self checkout lanes only took credit cards.. So I had to go through a regular checkout lane with a line.... made it through with minimal stress. Then when walking out behind a group of young male punks... one looked back at me multiple times talking to his friends in a language I don't understand. Thought there might be an issue but kept on walking to my car, not paying them any attention. I felt so empowered going out all alone.

I really hope so! I am going out rather public now Thursday and Friday afternoons. A bit nervous but it feel fine. It is PRIDE so I will not be alone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have found people from rural areas ( rednecks) are very accepting and respectful towards trans people.
    I was part of a group of trans people that held a meeting for trans youth in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
    Deep in the heart of coal country where some people come to town only a couple times a year and live back in the hills in remote areas.
    The people that came were very nice to us as were everyone we encountered in the town itself.
    Even the country boys in town were very nice to all of us.
    Many of us here have been saying just get out there and live life so I'm glad you finally got out.

I find that I get more and more dress compliments each time I go out. I am always apologizing to my wife and telling her she is prettier than me and she tells me, in a joking manner, STFU B. LOL. We both turn into different people when I dress up. I think it brings out her younger happier self when we go out together. She always sad and quiet when I am in guy mode. Too bad I work in a professional office building. Maybe I should get some womens' dress clothes and come to work dressed up. They should not have an issue with it as we have a couple Fully transitioned females working here and it is a Law firm. But I will discuss that with HR when the time is right. Everyone in the office already knows I CD. I even showed them pics. I went off topic again. Darn. sorry. Ramble ramble mode today.

Banned Read only
    Veronica,
    I have to agree with you it does get easier, most of the fears are irrational ones in our heads. My only regret is wish I could do it more often .

As for the rednecks, I guess we should never read a book by it's cover, they were wearing clothes to blend in with the crowd just as you were ! Lets face it you don't see many guys in DJs at that sort of event, now that might have raised a few eyebrows !

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn n TN View Post
    Went out in public for the first time Sat night to Walmart shopping... yes it was very stressful at first...but since very few people were in the store it was nice just shopping looking at clothes, jewelry and makeup.
    Robyn,

I suspect that as you go out more you'll find that busier places are easier to blend into. If there was you and 4 other people in the store then you're going to be seen. You and 400, well they can't see the wood for the trees. It's counter intuitive but you can disappear in a crowd, hide in plan sight. Think about it. If you'd walked out that store with 10 or 15 other people those male punks most likely just wouldn't have noticed you.

And before I forget, a hearty well done for going out there. Any plans for where your next sortie will be?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Great it really boosts the confidence, but I'm always half prepared for something LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I really do agree I was probably using an expression I shouldn't have and wasn't referring to the cowboys as much as the oil workers, but still a bad choice of words especially for someone who looks for understanding myself

Veronica, Good for you I hope to build enough confidence to spend some Jess time out this year. As for the rodeo folks I could not agree more well mannered respectful group

I've been wearing female clothing in public since the late 70's, so there's nothing unusual about it. I still get the occasional stare from young children and whispers and giggles from tween girls, but it has been a very long time since any one has actually said anything vicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Ann View Post
    I've been wearing female clothing in public since the late 70's, so there's nothing unusual about it. I still get the occasional stare from young children and whispers and giggles from tween girls, but it has been a very long time since any one has actually said anything vicious to me.
    Awesome! I love hearing stuff like this, it's great encouragement for those of us who are just starting on the road to public venturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn n TN View Post
    Went out in public for the first time Sat night to Walmart shopping... yes it was very stressful at first...but since very few people were in the store it was nice just shopping looking at clothes, jewelry and makeup. Checking out was a little stressful since I was paying with cash and the self checkout lanes only took credit cards.. So I had to go through a regular checkout lane with a line.... made it through with minimal stress. Then when walking out behind a group of young male punks... one looked back at me multiple times talking to his friends in a language I don't understand. Thought there might be an issue but kept on walking to my car, not paying them any attention. I felt so empowered going out all alone.
    Love it! My experiences so far have all been great. It's still a nervous feeling going out, especially as I wear more obvious femme clothes (skirts, and soon dresses) and I don't try to pass (no makeup or wig) but it's all been good.