Thread: Well here's how it's going with me ....

Well here's how it's going with me ....

Long time no post! I turned 60 in June, so all pretence of spring-chickenhood is now futile. After coming out a couple of years ago to (some) friends and family, I sort of lost interest in actually physically dressing femme, the most important thing is that the people who matter to me know and accept me It's a good feeling, I'm very lucky No more panic, no purging ( apart from things that don't suit me or don't fit) no waves of self-disgust anymore ... but my femme clothes mainly just stayed in the wardrobe or the bedside drawer. Then for some reason a couple of weeks ago ( Saturday morning, no work) I thought that I might as well put on a skirt and top, and what was the point of my flats just gathering dust under the bed? So I dressed very plain and simple, put my dressing gown over the skirt and top and went down to the kitchen, where my wife was eating breakfast. She could see that I was wearing the flats, of course, but I loosened my dressing gown a bit so that my top showed, and then a bit more so she could see my skirt too. No adverse reaction at all Every non-work day since I've put on a top, skirt and flats in the morning and only changed to bloke gear when I've had to leave the house, and Anne's been absolutely fine with it She may have noticed that I actually like doing housework when wearing a skirt of course. I never want to take my skirt off now, it's a real pain to have to switch to trousers
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Aspiring Member
    Rachel,

I think you are healthy and smiling and all is good. Welcome to your sixties: a very superb decade indeed.

I turned 50 last year and the older you get the more comfortable you get. I am happy for you...keep updating us.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Maybe your wife is happy that her hubby actually does some housework. I know guys who don't lift a finger in the house.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Great, I too decided to come out at 60, (62 now)and the world did not end. Though my lady knew from the start and has no problem with it. These days my legs, and underarms arm smooth all the time year round. Most days I wear nylons, and when home usually in a dress and kitten heels. The best part is just being me, plain and simple. No I'm not a beauty queen but at least I can be myself.

I've never really understood the connection between wearing a skirt and the emergence of a knack for the cleaning arts.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Thanks for all your good wishes
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?