Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Public Experience Dressed: Mechacon 2017

My First Public Experience Dressed: Mechacon 2017

OK, so not long ago I made a thread showing off my Daria cosplay I was going to do at Mechacon which would also be my first ever public outing while crossdressed. My goal was to look super convincing and do it right. While crossdressing is fairly common at anime conventions, I feel as if there's a fine line between the crossplays where people either think you're joking around, or are just very impressed. For me, this had to be the latter because it wasn't just looking like the character, it was sporting my feminine side for once with confidence and wanting to be passable and pretty for many.

And we did it.

My friend's makeup skills were so on point that no one was aware I wasn't a real girl until I spoke. This caused me to get hit on by both genders walking around, and some rather hilarious stories to tell. The funniest being the meeting with a friend who didn't recognize me whatsoever.

I walked over and stood next to him, smiled and nodded, he did the same. We didn't speak to each other for about five minutes so I walked off. Afterwards I heard he walked over to our other mutual friend and told him he thought that chick in the green jacket was hot. He then told him that was me. Next thing we see is him running out of the room and shouting from down the hall, "Chance WHAT THE F*CK!"

Everyone just lost it.

He also wasn't the only person I knew who apparently admit to finding me very attractive as a woman. A part of me still doesn't know how to feel about that, but another part doesn't care and finds it kind of flattering. At first it was super nerve racking as I almost chickened out and went back to the room. But as I started walking around, getting praise, it got more comfortable. I got into it.

The convention was a blast, and this in particular was a good day. I felt so relieved, and I'm already hyped for next year.

Here's a couple pics from the convention. I hope the mods don't mind because this is still primarily a story post, and not a full blown picture gallery. Just wanted to show off how the look at the con particular came out. It is different from my previous pics.

Another thing though; Fake eyelashes are a bitch.

802f9566-9847-4d01-a4f8-47a60c8b4344_zpskw6l7lew.jpg 20496542_1295002910610053_1190714113_n.jpg 20430020_1295587553884922_3097180733786743440_n.jpg

You are cute and age is on your side ! Have fun with it !

Chancey, very nice pictures.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Looking good, Chancey! Glad you had a good time! As Rogina said, youth is on your side! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

WOW you look great! And I can see why you totally passed.

Nice going Chancey, I see you did it. You looked cute.
    Part Time Girl

Good story and you do look very cute. Fake eyelashes can be hard until you practice. My wife showed me how to put them on my finger and apply them almost like putting in a contact. I still have trouble though but getting better.

Banned Read only
    You look so awesome as Daria, I am glad to hear you had a good time.

As I recall Daria kind of spoke in a low monotone voice specially when she was saying something sarcastic. So I would think that might make it easier for you to pull off.

Chancey, you did a good job with your appearance, yes, false eyelashes can be a bind.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You look great. No wonder poeple were hitting on you. The hardest time getting out is over now, get out and have fun.

Glad to hear your experience went well and you look good doing so! I got to do the same this past weekend, wearing my Princess Peach cosplay at a local anime convention. Despite the issues of forgetting the crown and my brooch falling apart as I put it on, everything went well and I was well received!

Chancey -- you look awesome and it sounds like a good time. A good experience "sporting your feminine side" can quickly turn into a determination to let her out -- be warned.

And, yes, false eyelashes are a pain. They make special tweezers to help put them on but even then the only real winning strategy is to buy a box of cheap ones and practice, practice, practice.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Platinum Member
    Poor guy... It had to have been a bit of a shock to him, but he'll get over it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You look great and you will look even better next year.
    Don't worry about your guy friend he will get over it. Look at it this way you had the nerve to do it and hang with two women while he ran away.
    He just got his manhood bruised a little he will be fine.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.

You look great! Smile! You are having fun!

Chancey, congratulations for your first experience out! . Since you were so unrecognisable, you might even choose to go out again before next year. Either way, you'll have plenty of practise time for those eyelashes - as much as your makeup reserves or face's shaving tolerance allows . I have tried eyelashes a lot, and I'm still horrible. I introduced someone else here to them, and they got it perfect first time . I think you'll get it, though .

@Joyce: Although Chancey would look great with a smile, it would ruin the Daria . I think I have only ever seen Daria do a half-grin once, and that was just a twitch of the corner of the mouth . The pictures are true to the character .

Nice to read such a success. But yes, the voice is something that easily is outing you.
    I have seen many that drops a jaw when I start talking. I really must start a serious voice training. Seems like you also need to.

Hi, your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    It's so good that you enjoyed it all. Hopefully your experience will have given you confidence to go out again.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Chancey you are absolutely adorable and so cute while your femme self.
    Next year you should try Velma of scooby doo fame.

I could see you pulling that character off really well.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Thats fantastic. You are soo pretty

Banned Read only
    You do transform into an attractive young woman. Yes, take advantage of your youth. Age gracefully. Older woman are attractive too.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You may need to seek out other Cons to attend, and after that places to go with friends and then shopping and dinner and then . . . . You are your own limiting factor here, your look is good and you will enjoy it more as your confidence builds. And don't base your confidence on how well you do fake eyelashes, they defeat a lot of us.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

looks great to me

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is very awesome Chancey!
    And you look gorgeous, 10+ to me!
    I love your glasses!
    ❤❤
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

That was just awesome, especially the part where he found out. I sat here and laughed for a good five minutes about that.

Now you can tease him about going out for pizza or something "... and I can dress up and be that hot chick!" Lol

Seriously though, you look lovely, Chancey, and the costume was spot-on.