Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I asked Your Wife How many Dresses It was ok for you to own, What would she say ?

If I asked Your Wife How many Dresses It was ok for you to own, What would she say ?

I know many of you have supportive wives and many have DADT wives so the answers will be quite different.

For the DADT wives I guess i would wonder how many dresses they think you own versus how many you actually own. Also how do you hide them, dresses have to be hung ?

Thanks

Oh i am in a DADT relationship and only own 2 dresses which is all she thinks i own since she has seen me in them

My wife and I share a few dresses. Some she doesn't know I share with her. She has a bunch of tops that I can wear as they are loose fitting and I have several skirts. The long dresses we both enjoy. I love putting on a long dress after a day's work and sitting in my recliner. It's very relaxing. I can't answer how many she would say I could own. I do control how many I buy. I had as many as six of my own at one time. I've purged several times also. I know it's stupid of me but sometimes guilt gets to me.

Open and supporting wife here so basically the answer is whatever the closet can fit. I imagine hiding dresses would be difficult

I am lucky. My wife gave me a closet in the spare room for my girl things, except my shoes. Those can't be explained. She has no problem with Vicky but doesn't want the neighbors or our kids to know her.

My wife is somewhere in the middle. More than DADT but not totally supportive so I'm guessing she would prefer the answer be zero. That being said, we just talked to a contractor and designer about an addition to our house which will include more closet space and she is the one who suggested I move my womens clothes in when it's done. So her answer would likely be as long as I'm not taking up her space then it's up to me.

I've got a supportive wife so there really isn't a limit. Cant count how many dresses, probably only a handful. But I'm more a separates girl and must have a dozen tops and an equal number of bottoms (skirts/pants/leggings).
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I have filled my closet. Own five or six dresses. most are skirts and tops. Have girl jeans and jeggings, girl T-shirts and many night wear. Running out of space to put them. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I'd call my wife supportive as long as I keep it from family, kids, etc.

She's told me I have too many. She wasn't wrong. I donated a great number to Goodwill/Salvation Army this year. I am going to say I am down to 20? She'd probably say I need only about five at most.

Mine would probably say as many as she wants to own. How many she thinks I have I don't know how many I actually have 5 or 6 I think. Now skirts she would maybe say I have to many ( some where around 50) and maybe I do. Maybe that's why she keeps stealing them.

Aspiring Member
    Zero.

The reality, is I own 8 dresses, two skirts, a bunch of tops, three pairs of jeans (one pair in pink), one pair of leggings, a pair of shorts, a blazer and a bolero. Plus tons of panties, bras, camis, two nightgowns, a sleep camisole and sleep boxers, pantyhose, knee-highs, makeup, nail polish.

The only thing she tolerates are the panties.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Is there an upper limit ?

I have a complete woman's wardrobe. Probably, 12 dresses among other things. She doesn't care.

She knows what I have: several but not many, just enough for some variety. I have 2 dresses (a maid's dress and a cheongsam), a few skirts and a few tops, most of which mix and match well. Clothing is generally less important to me than wigs, makeup, high heels, and (strangely) accessories (nails, jewelry, headbands, etc.).

I probably own a dozen dresses. But I am sure she will let me have a few more.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I show my fiancee everything I buy, I don't think she cares how may I have as long as she has more.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife would hope that I have no dresses. I certainly have many more that she does, but since my relationship is DADT, I don't think she knows how many dresses I have.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Number of Dresses is probably one of the factors that continued to alarm my wife. Over the last year, since coming out, I went from that single LBD to a closet with over a dozen dresses, probably 8-10 skirts, many tops, 6 bras, etc.....) The rapid escalation of my girl wardrobe no doubt set off a few signals to her. She has not been keen on my CD habit since I shared the news.

I also kept my clothes in the open, in my closet. My lady clothes were there every time I walked into the closet, fully visible every day. [That probably had a negative impression on the wife too.] Recently I decided (voluntarily) to take a hiatus from dressing up. I can tell you now it will not last and I'm counting the days on my self-imposed moratorium until I can once again dare.

But if you asked The Wife, she would say the ideal number is ZERO (0).
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I asked my wife the question. She asked me what number I thought she was thinking about. I said 5 and it was right lol

Wife is sort of "not interested" but I have only two dresses. As I am sewing my skirts they are more than 5 and in frequent use. What she is most concerned with is all the men's shirts that take space an seldom are used. I think that the space management is the problem. Soon I will start sewing blouses and dresses so space must be taken from somewhere so less old drab shirts and trousers is the obvious solution.

Hell-o Robbie,
    Pretty much from the point that my SO became
    aware of my dressing, the days of hiding everything
    were over. I was hanging my clothes in our closet where
    they should be.
    Although I've often wondered if her being OK with my
    stuff hanging there was just an easy way for her to keep
    tabs on my dressing???
    She's aware that there has been a certain amount of
    progression going on, and wants/needs to know exactly
    at what speed that progression is moving.
    To me it seems to be at a snails pace, but to her I
    imagine each new item of clothing puts me one
    step closer to a surgeons table.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Oh BTW, I only own 8 (at this time!), and she bought one
    of them for me!
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 08-02-2017 at 02:20 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    She will say zero!!

I'm very lucky my wife's supportive, so Millie's taken over a wardrobe in the spare bedroom, but at the moment it's five dresses.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My wife would say zero so I've kept it down to 40 or fifty in two closets.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    She would say "As many as you want."

I don't own or wear a lot of dresses, mostly skirts and blouses. We shop together and she often picks out clothes for me.

Zero. I don't know how many dresses I own, probably around 50. They hang openly in the closet, so my wife knows about all of them. Acceptance is one thing. Approval is something else.