Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I asked Your Wife How many Dresses It was ok for you to own, What would she say ?

Banned Read only
    My wife and I are in a DADT marriage. It is really a DADT marriage with nothing done to display any femininity on my part. I do not do any body modifications. I do not shave my body which is rather hairless to begin with, especially my legs. The forearms are a different story. My wife does not make any negative comments about cross dressing. My wardrobe is "hidden" in plain sight. My wardrobe is stored in the "rec" room which has turned into a storeroom. My clothes are stored in Xerox boxes stacked up. I maintain a 'word' document with each dress described by style, color and size. Along with that is a file folder with a picture of each dress. It makes it easier to select a dress to wear. I have 158 dresses. My wife does not know I have even one. If she does know, she hasn't said anything.....not a hint. It would be nice to be able to hang them in a closet, but, alas that is not going to happen.

She would say zero! My wife is accepting of me in some things, but not dresses.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

With me adding another zero, could I suggest that we employ an accounting firm!
    Stacy! just counting numbers!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

She has never asked ,but since my dresses hang in our joint closet she has but to look. Has never made a comment

Again she would say zero. I have bought 6 in the past year by restraining myself, she says this is too many!

She'd say she doesn't even know exactly how many I have now.
    It wouldn't matter to her at all. She's super supportive and involved in everything I do all the time.

She would however be able to tell you how many she owns... lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

She would'nt limit me .But I have five dress's which she borrows some times.Mostly skirts and blouses for me.

I read through all the replies and found many gave a number I know my wife would say. But, only after asking me what I needed a dress for? "What do you need that for?" is her favorite question when she finds something of mine. So, the answer would be ZERO!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    I kinda resent the "okay to have" aspect as it is pointless. A DADT wife would probably say zero, and an excepting wife would probably say, as many as you need.

Nobody would ever ask me how many pairs of shoes it's okay for my wife to own

Zero, said very forcefully.

I do own 7 dresses but she doesn't know about any of them. And I will keep it that way as long as I can. And I agree with Roberta that I don't get asked about her shoe collection.

My wife, God rest her soul, who knew nothing about this would have said Zero! (I only wore panties 4-5 times during our marriage!) Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

As many as I want

My super supportI've wife would let me get as many as I wanted.

My wife knows nowt, so my best guess is she would say a definite - none!

Even before my SO knew about all of this, I never hid my dresses to a point where they weren't hung up. Had she went to the back of the closet and looked , she would have saw them. She has been very open minded about all of this and has never tried to put any limits or restrictions on me, I am truly blessed.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My wife only makes me follow the rule she has for herself, which is that you can only have what you will actually wear. For me, it doesn't come into play so much with dresses; after a decade and a half+ of living exclusively as a woman I only have purpose-specific dressed now--you know, church, dinner parties, funerals, weddings, etc. Where it really affects me is in shirts/blouses, because I'll see something I love and get it, but after a few wearings I'll have picked up a few more and so on and so forth, so that things just get lost in the shuffle and sit unused purely due to numbers. I don't know why I have such a weakness for tops, but if she wasn't keeping me under control with the rule, I would inevitable end up with more shirts and blouses than a large high school could wear. 😀

OK, I am a total closet case & DADT. I can't remember the last time I saw my wife in a dress so I would say she has zero, me on the other hand I have about a dozen. I keep them in an older large suitcase that has a bar in it to double them over and keeps them in reasonably good condition. She would say I have a three or four. Kind of a fun question, for some reason I was smiling the whole time while posting this. Take care, Brenda

She would say zero, I will say one, and I bought it just to see if I was a MIAD or still "had it". Definitely a MIAD these days...OLD MIAD....

My wife would say none but I have them hung up in a spare bedroom and for the record I have 14 and in a dadt they are away from her.
    but not hidden anymore tops and skirts are another matter way to many lol

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Unfortunately my wife would say "none"

The answer would be zero....

No limit here to the number of dresses, only space in our closet. We value shop at thrift stores, and recycle when needed, so there's not a cost factor involved. Besides, she likes my taste, and often will borrow dresses from my side of the closet. Kim

When we are out shopping and my wife says to me, "I would look good in that dress" there is no point in checking its availability in my size. Everything else is fair game until the closet is full.

BTW, the closet is full.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Zero......

I’m with Roberta on this one. Except the show thing. I hear women at work talk about how many shoes they have all the time. UsuLly lamenting the fact they’d have to may. Go figure. My wife on the other hand. She is mighty frugal and keeps a very sparse closet. It’s full where she likes it and she employs the “ one in, one out “ method. A ually. I do also. To how many dresses. I would say 6 maybe 7. I’ve never really counted them.

Cheers!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same