Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I knew then what I know now....

If I knew then what I know now....

I often think back to my pre Becky days and think if only I had shaved my body hair from the get go how happy would i be now. In the days when I was growing up it was not as common as today, but still if I had not body hair when i met my wife I would have simply kept it off and been very happy being smooth now. Alas for me my wife has become attached to my body hair (figuratively not literally) and I cannot get her to agree to me shaving.

How about you girls? I am thinking more along the lighter side of physical or other attributes lets not get into the whole telling or not telling bit.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I shave from head to toes. NP from my GF but she did like hair on my chest but it has been clear for a few years..
    Part Time Girl

I started shaving as early as 15 on and off. My wife seen me fully shaved before I told her about CDing. I love lathering up in the shower and feeling my smooth skin. Nothing better than naked skin to skin contact after you and your wife both shave your legs

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    My legs have been a revelation, I would have shaved them years ago if I knew I would get so many comments, but then I wasn't out to the public anyway. At one time I was proud of my chest hair , how things change.

You asked to keep it on a light note , but we do see so many things in hindsight, we must learn not to regret them too much and make the most of what we have now .

Shave the legs was my first thing when I saw how it looked with hair on a leg in thin nylons. As for myself, I think that shaving or not is up to me and not anybody else. Hair in the armpits? Noway!

I do shave legs & underarms regularly. I can't imagine going back to all that hair. Sadly my chest and back are super hairy, I hate that.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm lucky in being relatively hair free anyway, so it's never been an issue. I don't think there is anything I could realistically change physically.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

A lot of women are attracted to hairy guys. I never knew my ex-wife liked my body hair until 5 years after we were married. My GF likes my body hair but she is okay when I shave it to dress. I grow it out a couple times a year for her, so it works out for both of us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm in the same hairy situation as you, Becky. The wife does not like the look of a hairless guy. So, Chewbacca it is.

Getting away from hair and back to the title: It would not really be that good! I would have followed and be beyond where I am now, but my children would not have been born! My wife would not have had me as her husband and her first husband abused her! Would she have gone from abusive husband to abusive husband? Probably! No, I am just glad and praise God that it worked out like it did! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Becky I'm with Marie-Jo on this, shaving should be up to the individual especially if you feel it's gross on your body. Also agree it's gross seeing hairy legs in nylons, yuk. And you being a CD and as much as you dress??? Why not start to gradually start thinning it out? Think about it, what purpose does it serve, none, and pubic hair especially on women can hold a urine smell. Shaved and clean.

I shave and love the look of how clean it looks and like many CD's love how nylon panties and hose feel on my freshly shaved and lotioned body. I do love thinking when I am out how nice it is to be wearing women's panties, shorts and sandals over shaved and tanned legs and genitals, very feminine feeling. And my legs do get noticed and I hope it's for the right reason.

I do understand your wife liking hair on a man's body, it just makes him look masculine and totally different than a smooth hairless woman. If she knows you CD a lot, hair and CD just don't go together. Can't help you with advise, you are between a rock and a hard place on this one.

The only hair was on my head when I met my wife, and she was quite happy.
    I later grew facial hair to look older, as I am much younger. She's still quite happy.
    I continually groom myself, shape my facial hair or just go clean shaven. Still quite happy.

I Told!
    oops, Stacy wasn't supposed to go there!

Anyhow, I have facial hair at the moment to keep my wife happy!
    What I have to do, Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I would have never cut my hair, although it is long now but I want it longer. With age, length is hard. But shaving, yes, I hate facial hair and always have but I also hate shaving. Thinking about getting the Tria Beauty Laser 4x IPL home laser hair removal but its expensive for a non-replaceable lens. I here it is the most effective one is why I picked that one but there are others that do have replaceable lens's. I am rambling again sorry.

Although I agree with Lana Mae that I would miss my life and family as it is now, I often wonder how different things could be. Had I been completely honest with myself and family way back then, how different it all may be now. Not necessarilly better or worse, but certainly different.

I wonder if I was open and honest then (as a preteen / teen) if I could/would have been able to grow up more as Tabitha and if I would have completely transitioned. Hmmmm?

If I knew then what I know now ... Boy! That's the story of my life. As the saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher, but a fool has no other." Well, I've sure been that fool more times than I can count!

As to shaving: well I shave everything except my eyebrows and no one complains. My wife is indifferent about body hair.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've never shaved any part of my body my entire life. Sounds tedious and gross to me!

I usually don't even shave my beard or stash when I dress. Heck, I'm wearing a full beard and stash in my avatar!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    There is a common saying; "If I knew I was going to live this long I'd taken better care of myself." I can't count the things that could have been different and still resulted in almost the same life I've had, but with a few more enjoyable or less anxious moments. Hair was never an issue, I had a good mustache for years but when it was gone, no one missed it. I started epilating hair off my arms and legs and the transition was slow enough and my hair was light and fine enough that it pretty much went unnoticed. No facial hair for years and I regularly shave legs and arms and underarms. I have to keep my chest hairless because it hurts like the dickens when an attached form pulls hair out unexpectedly.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    I have never been hirsute. I do not have hair follicles on my calves. The hair on my legs is so light and fine there is no need to shave. I have never had hair in the underarms. My wife has made the comment that my lack of hair is wasted. She would love to not shave her legs or underarms. My chest too had lacked hair for so long that it started to gross late in life, so it was easy to just remain hairless. I have hair on my forearms. I have mixed emotions on whether I would shave them. I choose to wear long sleeves when en femme and out for a drive or stroll. My forearms are scarred from military service and the scarring is more evident in the summer months when the arms get tanned. Ugly. Facial hair is easy to deal with as a close shave eliminates any hair for the entire day.

I remai totally shaved and my wife is used to it. Her only comment is that I need to shave when my legs get fuzzy

Baby smooth for over a decade. Just wish I too had done it decades ago.
    Only comment my wife makes is the occasional hand running over my leg and saying "You need a shave". God I love her....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If I knew.... I would have embarked on this life many more years before I realised what I wanted but then way back it was not so easy to find about what needs to be found out about. But even then I had no problems with being hairless especially my legs which I truthfully explained was because of cycling that in the event of a scrape it was much easy to clean and dress a wound. But on top of this I do not know how it came about but at a dinner party shaving was being discussed and my now ex said to all and sundry "oh he does not have any pubic hair"! to much amusement all round, after that whole body shaving followed but if had known what it would be like to be hairless I would have shaved long, long ago.

I've been completely shaved for 25 years now. I will never go back to having any type of hair on my body. Fortunately, my girlfriend (a GG) actually likes me with out body hair.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. True if many of us knew where back when our dressing would eventually take us we may have embarked upon different strategies. Thankfully I'm not that hirsute and I could get away with wearing at least black tights without shaving. However if I'd done that I'd never have known the joy of smooth legs and nylons.

For me as someone in the closet it's a compromise. I keep underarms "tidy". What little chest hair I have gets removed. Arm hair thinned. But returning to the question, yes if in my teenage years I'd known what I now know, I'd have been more liberal with the razor.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Marie-Jo and Deebra.. yes of course I could shave if I wanted to its my body and I can do what I want.. BUT my Mrs is attracted to guys with body hair and she would be very upset if I shaved all over.. life is about compromise. When I go out I always shave totally, which explains why I don't go out very often these days as I wait until one of us is away for at least 2 weeks.

The point of my post was had I known what would happen 20 years later I would have been shaving before I met her so she would have been either ok with a smooth partner or would have lost interest in me at the get go. Its much harder to start shaving later...

The irony is she hates facial hair and agreed to me having laser on my face so i could stop shaving and not have any shadow... so you win some you lose some.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Oh I would have done a lot of things differently. Many are very personal so I won't bore you with those. But I would have explored my "femininity" a lot more rather than push it aside and ignore it. And I wouldn't have gotten married so young at 21. I don't believe anyone younger than 25 should get married. At that age you're still figuring out who you are and what you want in life.