Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Live as a Woman?

Reality Check

Would You Live as a Woman?

OK, another hypothetical "what if" question:

Suppose you were a fugitive, running and hiding from the law. Would you live as a woman to disguise yourself?

Banned Read only
    Interesting hypothetical, but sure I might do that. It wouldn't be the first time someone has done that.

Here's a tougher question.

It is a well knows fact that women make about 70 cents on the dollar for the same jobs as men.

Would you accept a 30% pay cut to live as a woman.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-03-2017 at 08:43 AM.

I generally don't participate in hypotheticals but I like this one. My answer is an unqualified yes. I think my makeup skills would greatly improve even if just out of necessity
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 08-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.

I'm a yes...I mean it would only seem "natural" LOL

No, for me it would make it easier to be found as I'm out and more people know me as Jean a than as a guy.

Platinum Member
    No way! I think any man who is six foot tall and weighing 200 lbs would attract a lot of second glances when wearing a dress. I do recall reading about several bank robbers over the years who wore women's clothing and a wig while robbing a bank. Seems all were caught.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Here's a tougher question.

It is a well knows fact that women make about 70 cents on the dollar for the same jobs as men.

Would you accept a 30% pay cut to live as a woman.
    I don't think it's a "well known fact", I think it's propaganda. Where I worked, there was no separate pay scale for men and women. Every one in the same job and the same length of service was paid the same. Now let's look at the Postal Service, police and fire fighters, etc. Same pay regardless of male or female. I don't think any employer could get away with paying men more than females for the same job. If you can provide a real world example, I would like to see it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    No, for me it would make it easier to be found as I'm out and more people know me as Jean a than as a guy.
    I'm thinking that if you are running from the law, you wouldn't be staying around people you know, I'm thinking you would move to another state and take on a new identity. That's where the living as a woman comes in.

Banned Read only
    http://www.businessinsider.com/gende...-charts-2017-3
    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/05/men-still-earn-more-than-women-with-the-same-jobs.html
    http://fortune.com/2016/11/16/gender-pay-gap-programmers/
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Hell, I'm not running from the law and I'd like to do it. When I retire, I may consider moving and starting fresh as Nikki

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hypothetically running from the law in an alternate universe? I'd already be a hot woman. So, I'd disguise myself as a man.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Why not let's give this a go what's the worse that can happen my wife find me or Johnny law??

I can't answer this one honestly because:
    1) I'm not on the lam, and
    2) I don't plan on ever being in that situation.
    Jon

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I think I'll have to rob a bank and try it out for real. Should be fun! That reminds me, some years ago a guy was arrested at a 'Transvestite' (as they called it) hotel near Manchester doing exactly what Krisi said.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 08-03-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Since I live as a woman pretty much of the time now, it wouldn't be much of a diguise.

Aspiring Member
    I could try, but I make one unattractive woman. I would stand out for sure.
    Sara

Given that for many of us our makeup skills are good enough such that many folks who know us might need to look closely to recognise us as a way of evading the law it makes a certain sense. However in many cities CCTV is linked to facial recognition software and that sees beyond and through any makeup so assuming you're on the most wanted list it might be wise to steer clear of big population centres.

Hey if nothing else it's gotta be fun trying and there's a lot to be said for hiding in plain sight.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Interesting hypothetical, but sure I might do that. It wouldn't be the first time someone has done that.
    The funny thing is, they did a "up to date" picture of what he MIGHT look like and it's not as a woman if they are thinking he's hiding out as one.

as for the question, I would never hope to be on the run from anyone so i can't answer yes or no.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Yes I would live as woman as a disguise but I hope I never get in that type of situation. I would rather make the choice of living as a woman without being forced to.

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    Why include the hypothetical question, just ask the straight question would we live as a woman .

My answer is as NikkiA replies, can't wait for the day to finally get the chance .

Most of us are only some form of criminal in our wives eyes.

I have been single allmy life, and have found, that single women actually on average, make more, than single men do. i even heard that on a radio talk show a few times. It is just anti-male feminist political propaganda and lies, that women make less than men. i see women all over, in newer cars, and SUV's. i drive a 1976 Dodge. I suppose it i were running from the law, i would consider dressing up often, but at almost six foot six, and 255 lbs, i stick out bigtime!

I would hope that no one would ever do this. Every time a criminal is caught disguised as a woman it fuels the idea that all crossdressers are hiding out from the law.
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I don't think any employer could get away with paying men more than females for the same job. If you can provide a real world example, I would like to see it.
    First, the statistic isn't for a specific company but and over all average of income in the US. Second, 70% is no longer true it's closer to 80% but still women make less ON AVERAGE than men. And if you live in certain states it is worse than 70%the-simple-truth-figure-1.jpg From US Census data
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Krisi,
    Me running from the law, No, I would NOT disguise myself as a woman. Why? I could not pass, I would stand out, not blend in.. therefore caught very quickly.
    But it would be a nice to dream...

As far as women making less than men due to bias or the system, this has been propaganda for decades.
    It's really a matter of people's choices.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs
    Take 5 minutes & see for yourself.

Hugs, Connie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have never worked a job where women doing the same work as I was getting paid less.
    I'm not buying that pay gap nonsense at all because in 45 years working with women I have never seen it.
    Hell I had to work in an office setting for a short time and I got paid less the the secretaries I worked with.

Running from the law? Sure, why not? On the other hand, I'm not that smart to run for long and I'd hate to be dragged off to jail in my disguise.

To address the gender gap issue, taking a pay cut wouldn't happen to me. I'll have a woman owned company and take advantage of the opportunities to sell/service Federal, State, and Local governments who are mandated to purchase goods and services from minority or woman owned companies. I've dealt in that arena for years. Why be a victim?