Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Live as a Woman?

Works for me, i look very very different so it could be a very effective escape mechanism... hmmmm
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

If I could pass and my voice was corrected.

YES

Would you accept a 30% pay cut to live as a woman.
    OK, sure. Whatever. I make enough that 30% isn't going to cramp my style.

And, where I work, all the women except ONE make more than i do. Why? Because they've been on the job there longer.
    Even though I'm equally skilled, and more skilled than a lot of them. So it works both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    It is a well knows fact that women make about 70 cents on the dollar for the same jobs as men.
    Uh, that's simply the total money earned each year by men, vs the total money earned each year by women. Doesn't take into account the hourly wage. The 70% thing is famously quoted by feminist folks to try to push their agenda. To prove a point, back in the 90's some reporter noticed a fact within the 1990 census. Seems the mean income of college educated woman, vs college educated men, woman made 101% of what the men did. So you could easily say, that women who take their career seriously had already achieved parity.
    Now of course, we know that across the board, there are more men at the top of all earners than women. But there are also more at the bottom as well. The 70% concept doesn't take into account such things as longevity on the job, nor time spent by employees while not 'on the clock' yet still doing things to further their career. Women prefer to think that every job is a 9 to 5 situation, and that's it. So, I pose these questions to you:
    How many women are willing to go to lunch with the boss and kiss his butt constantly in order to further their career? Few. How many women are willing to answer the phone on weekends, and go back to the office and work extra on a job all weekend without any extra pay in order to further their career, and do this whenever the boss asks? Few. How many are willing to go golfing every weekend, and intentionally lose to the boss while being sure that the boss doesn't know that they're doing so? Few. How many women are willing to sacrifice their home life to further their careers? Few. How many women are willing to marry the boss's unattractive or irritating offspring to further their career? Few.
    Why? Because women don't believe that any of those things should be necessary to get ahead in the world. But in business, the people who make those sacrifices are the ones who will get ahead, get more clients, as well as help their company succeed.

And that's why more men make it to the top, and make more money. Because more men than women derive their self worth from their jobs than women do. That's why they put more into it, and make more money. Sure, there are SOME women who are willing to make those sacrifices, but not as many of them, so fewer women make the big bucks.

In contrast, women spend billions more on things that enhance their appearance than men do. Why? Because how they look improves the range of who they will get to choose to mate with. Just like a man who makes more money finds that more women will date him. In both cases, the reverse situations do not work as well. Each sex has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. Only the foolish sit and whine about their life instead of using all the advantages at their disposal to improve their life.

And last....If a business owner could hire women for 30% less then men, they'd quickly get rid of all the male employees, and instantly pocket that 30% for themselves. Unemployment for women would essentially be zero.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-04-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It depends, If I fully transitioned yes, otherwise no.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

H-m-m-m This thread is going in several directions at once.

I'm one of those responsible ones. I wouldn't be on the run from the law. I'm not being willing to become a criminal.

I would LOVE to live as a woman, but it's not realistic for me. Nobody would ever believe it. Now if LOTS of money and doctors were provided...

30% pay cut? While I figure that basic number fails to take into account a lot of factors, let's play with it...

(playing the "what if" game, and buying into the gender stereotypes for the moment)
    will I be able to have men pay for my dinner, etc. on dates?
    Can I move in with them, letting them pay the mortgage/rent?
    Will men buy me drinks if I go to a bar?
    Can I get boyfriends/husbands to get me Jewelry?
    Clothes?

Would all these womanly "perks" come with the pay cut?

OK - back to reality -
    If I could truly live as a woman, I'd happily find a career and lifestyle that I could live with. If it's less or more money wouldn't be the point. It would be the life.

Setting the fugitive story aside. I am pretty sure I could or would live as a woman and present as a woman full time given the right conditions.

Reality Check
    OK, I said "hypothetical question". I'm assuming that few or none of the members here would ever find themselves as fugitives from serious crimes, crimes serious enough (murder, bank robbery, etc.) that the law would be actively searching for them coast to coast. The idea is that you move to another part of the country and take on a new identity. And of course, if you're 6' 6" and 250 pounds, this wouldn't be an option anyway. It's just a thought based on some TV crime shows.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    H-m-m-m This thread is going in several directions at once.
    I didn't mean to do that, just so many of these "could you live a a woman" question are simply not based in reality.

I have had some long conversations with some very smart women about being a woman. They all told me there is a lot more to being a woman than clothes and make up. The wage gap is one of the first things women working in predominantly male ares will point out. The first woman to point this out to me held a doctorate and made about %20 less that her peers. I see it right in my own company with the few female engineers there are.

Reality Check
    Seriously, your company has separate pay scales for men and women?

That's illegal and these women could get the government involved and win a large settlement.

Banned Read only
    Give me a break, there is not separate pay scales, they simply do not place equally qualified women as high as men on the same pay scale.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-04-2017 at 01:06 PM.

I'm a practical one. If I was a fugitive hiding from the law, I would go with the disguise I felt most believable. Currently my skill level is such that if I disguised myself as a woman, I might as well wear a neon sign that reads FUGITIVE. lol

Regards,
    Nora

While it sounds tempting I could not live that way. I love my male side just as much as my dressing side and my life style favors the male side more.

IN that scenario I would. But other than that probably not I just enjoy being a girl on a part time basis Its a "hobby"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Yes, in a second, and I wouldn't even have to be running from the law.

oh i would in a second Maybe I should commit a crime so I HAVE to be a woman lol Just kidding

I would not run from the "law"! My make up skills are not great enough to pull it off! I am a nurse and the other nurse where I work is female and makes a dollar an hour more than I do! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I doubt that disguising myself as a woman would work. Law enforcement would hack into my email and internet browsing history to find that I've been crossdressing for decades. The APB alert would say "armed, dangerous and may be disguised as a woman"!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    Hi Krisi , I don't think so there are too many macho activity's that I enjoy, I really enjoy having the best of both worlds......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    I'm bad at hypotheticals...but, if I were writing a fictional account of a person (who happened to be a cross dresser) forced to go on the lam....it might be something the character would consider...maybe even attempt. I think its been done, actually, both in fiction and real life. I might enjoy the idea....of dropping out, going into witness protection with a really new identity.

Establishing life under a new ID is a lot harder than it was 30 to 40 years ago. It used to be you could check the obituary section of a newspaper around the time of your birth, and find a baby who died. Then you could go request a birth certificate, which enable you to get an SS Card and state issued ID. Today a birth certificate is a lot harder to get, with one having to prove their need for it. It used to be you would get one with few questions asked.

For me, I am now doing it legally thru a Court ordered name and gender change. Also I am undergoing medical treatment. That involves hormone shots and taking a testosterone blocker(Spironolactone). In the future I am hoping to have sexual reassignment surgery.

As to discrimination I do not think there is much discrimination as far as individual positions go. The problem is that women are discriminated against when it comes to climbing the corporate ladder, which is also known as the glass ceiling.

No, I wouldn't.

A serious fantasy for me, but one that the real world will not allow to happen for reasons good (family) and bad (mainly lack of funds and courage).
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Bloody oath I would..
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Reality Check
    There's a cable TV program called "I almost got away with it" that depicts actual cases of people who broke out of prison or jumped bail and tried to hide from the law. These were serious cases where they were avoiding multiple year or life sentences. It's portrayed by actors but the actual criminals are interviewed as well. This is what I had in mind when I posted the question and maybe I should have made this more clear. Their choice is avoid detection and capture or go to prison.

In most cases, they moved to another state, got a new ID and changed their appearance. Some committed additional crimes for money, some found jobs.

So that's the context. It's not for fun, it's for survival. It's a little hard to imagine, leaving everyone and everything you know behind but it's a choice of freedom or life behind bars.

As for pay, you won't be climbing the corporate ladder either way, you're going to be doing landscaping, washing cars, working as a maid, etc. The point is staying out of prison.

Funny you should ask this.
    There was a program on recently (I don't recall the name) where 2 people were given 1 hour notice. They could pack, take whatever they like and then they were "On the run" from authorities. Former FBI and such would try to find them by contacting friends and neighbors, internet searches and such.
    My wife said, "you could do that, just dress for the duration and they'd never find you". It was an interesting thought and we talked about it some.

Yes, I would do that if I was truly trying to hide.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !