Thread: Yes You Can!

Yes You Can!

Having received so much encouragement from this site over the years, I would like to give back something to all of you.
    I just returned from a two month visit to California, where I experienced total acceptance living full time as a women! It was like a childhood dream come true to be a girl, and now at 70 I was able to live it. I traveled with my wife of 47 years, and visited some of our children and siblings that live in the East Bay of San Francisco.

We went everywhere; shopping, public transit, grandchildrens summer day camps, restaurants, doctor visit, nature outings, even the beach at Lake Tahoe and the pool at our Airbnb flat. Never a single frown or negative comment; as a matter of fact if I did get a comment, it was always a compliment! While I do blend in, I do not pass by any means as a GG upon direct contact.

My hope is that this will be an encouragement to others, particularly to TGs like myself who grew up in a different time and went through many years of self rejection and fear of exposure. The times have changed, at least in California! You can go out and be yourself, YES YOU CAN!

Also a special thank you to Allie on this site, whose life and wisdom has been part of the encouragement I received that gave me the push to go out!

I'm glad to here you enjoyed your visit. It is a very accepting place.

It is always nice to read about a positive experience or in your case two months of them!

Deborah, that sounds like an awesome time. I'm very happy that you had the experience.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Great story and yes it is true because even in Texas I experience mostly acceptance when I'm out, well at least that's my
    perspective. If we who choose to get out there just allow ourselves to show others we are just people like them with no
    agenda but to just be I think it will go a long ways
    Thanks for sharing

What a great experience! And so many people you were in contact with now have the understanding of their own safety, which makes te world safer for all of us. I'm 66 and even a single day out feeling what I always wanted to feel is a spectacular tonic with long lasting effects. Suddenly life makes sense and I find myself participating in a wonderfully humane way in the society I was taught would reject and punish me.
    We are all beautiful...!

Aspiring Member
    Devorah,
    Great TG life experience story; many thanks for sharing as it gives me (and hopefully others) the courage to be true to myself when out and about.
    Michele

What a great experience two months of being yourself bet that was very pleasing to the inner being in you. Thanks for sharing .

Sounds great, Devorah! I did 24/4 and cried my eyes out when I had to return to male mode! Two whole months and it is possible I would never come back! OH! So happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

California is definitely more tolerant or accepting in big cities. However, small town backwoods America a different story, in many cases.

Yes we can, and yes you did! It was lovely meeting you and having those great conversations, including those interrupted by too many other friendly people. You are one of those unique free spirits (your lovely wife too!) that was able to be truly free here and now has returned to the social restrictions you have so successfully overcome in the past. Good luck in the future, thanks for including me in a small part of your trip through life, and may we do that again soon, like next year??

PS: My ex is reading your book now because literally took it away from me when I first showed it to her. I hope I get it back soon. Thanks for that truly special thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm happy for you and a bit jealous too . The bay area must be a wonderful place, yet I feel quite lucky to have CD friends here in Michigan. Come back when you can Devorah
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Talk about a great trip and fantistic wife. WOW! And total family acceptance. A dream many of us would love to experience at least once