Thread: Showing your colours

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Showing your colours

Today was a very special day for me. One year ago, I was firmly in the closet when it comes to TV/TS. Today, I'm happily moving along on the TS journey, being very excited about what is to come. I have come out to my family and close relatives, but not yet at work. Most of my friends are in the LGBT community, and they are fully aware too. I'm very happy to have a supportive wife who does what she can to support me, even if it is difficult for her.

The big event today was the Pride Parade through the city of Stockholm, marking the end of the Pride celebration week. The rainbow flag is all over the city. It felt natural for me to parade together with my friends in the local TG support group, raising awareness for TG rights. I've been told that it is almost impossible to recognize my male persona due to my makeup, so I feel safe to walk in the parade despite not being fully open. My family was actually also joining the parade, which in fact was the first time my kids saw me fully dressed (the picture with the train in the background was taken by my 11 year old daughter).

It feels meaningful for me to be a proud transgender person and "showing the colours". I've actually resisted the temptation to always try to pass, or at least "blend in", but actually showing with a pin that I am a proud transgendered person as I walk in the city. Maybe I am fortunate to live in a city where it is relatively safe to be TG.

Have any of you paraded for TG rights or "showed the colours" publicly in a similar way? Or do you feel security concerns?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Caroline Varg; 08-05-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: I had to delete pictures of me parading with a trans flag in the streets of Stockholm, but please imagine them :-)