Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stepping up, or leaving the seat down?

My wife wants the seat down all the time. Two good reasons:

1. It helps avoid an unintended midnight fall into the depths of the bowl.
    2. Keeps the family dogs from drinking from the toilet and making a wet mess everywhere.

I try to keep up with the rule of always leave the seat and lid down.............but I figure I am only 80 % compliant.

If the lid is up its likely my fault even if its not. I have on occasion dropped the lid after use to announce..."THE LID IS DOWN" always a proud moment when I get it right.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My ex-wife was terror about leaving the seat up which I almost never did. Of course everything about me except my paycheck bothered her. When I knew it was over I did purposely leave it up, yes I was passive aggressive, and when she would give me sh*t, I would tell her you have two hands, put it down. That being said, I always put it down.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I tell my so all the time, if I have to put it up to go, you have to put it down to go. what's fair is fair
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I sit down and the seat is always down.

Jillian faith a good word for it in my house it was called the "Thunder Jug" Lol

Mine is always down.
    Part Time Girl

I owned a dog...seat down
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I don't pee out behind the barn I will be sitting down as we alway leave the seat down.... Lol

Platinum Member
    I use to leave the seat up many many years ago. My wife use to yell at me about it. One night our very young daughter went to use the toilet. She was small for her age. She sat down and her butt fell right in. I still hear about it from my wife. I always remember to put the seat down. At night I sit down because I do not want to turn the bathroom light on. Misdirected aim leads to consequences.

Not only is the seat down but the lid is down, too.

Agree with Tammy above - not only is the seat down, but the lid too.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

My buddy resolved it that way. His wife kept insisting he put the seat down so he does the lid too. He figured she still has to make a bit of effort to use the toilet. He has been doing this for a few years and not a peep out of her.

The seat is always down because I've never used the toilet unless I'm sitting down. I never liked peeing standing up.

Silver Member
    I just had a physical and my female PA. told me that for BPH sitting to pee makes it easier and is better for emptying ones bladder (Oddly enough, my female urologist never mentioned this when i saw her twice for this. She did prescribe a medication which I've opted not to take).
    But even before this revelation I always put the seat down out of courtesy for my wife and daughter.