Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wife is coming around

The Wife is coming around

I've been out to my wife of 4 years (together 8) for only a couple months. It was extremely hard at first with lots of crying and being unsure about the future. She's slowly allowed me to underdress with panties, painted toes, body shaved, and girly fragrances. I've been buying other things on amazon and hiding them. She knows I have them hid and started out DADT kind of a situation. Today she decided to open one of my amazon boxes and sends this message to me while I'm at work "I stole one of the sports bras that was delivered today!! Bahaha it's so comfy!!". I think I'm getting luckier each passing day! I told her we could share all 4 and she said okay!

Sounds great but go gently on this as it can always turn around on you! Be sure to keep reassuring her! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That's great...do encourage you to go slowly as Lana Mae suggests. My wife has slowly come around over the years...and I hope she'll be even more supportive in the future...but, I know she needs to go at her own pace...I'm gentle with her regarding my feminine side
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

That sounds great! I will echo what Lana said though, there are numerous stories of SO's being accepting at first but changing over time. Make sure she knows how much you appreciate this and good luck!

Gold Member
    Welcome to the forum Roberta;
    Glad you found us. There are many like you here, all trying to have their SO
    allow you to dress. Go Slow, Maybe go shopping together for something she
    can wear, then get a second one for you.
    Most GG's do not like to share clothes, with their SO's
    Rader

My experience started with my wife not being supportive and then coming around on her own time

Thanks everyone! I have been taking it slowly even. We have communicated that when I go too far and it's something she is uncomfortable with that she immediately let me know and that I will back off of what I am doing until she is more comfortable. Some days she can be fine with something and the next day she will not. I find as long as we respect each other in that way we can both ease into what works for us.

Since I came out to her I have been trying extra hard to treat her like she is the only woman in the house and has no one to compete with. I put her completely over anything CD related. I make sure she is taken care of, the house is clean, the laundry is done, dishes washed, etc. beforehand. She says our relationship has gotten better by my extra effort I put forth since coming out. I did my research before coming out the best I could to try not to ruin things with our relationship. Her being liberal and spiritual/non religious probably plays a huge factor as well in her acceptance. Today was a big day in acceptance so I had to share! Much love 😘

You are doing it right, Roberta. So is your spouse. Make sure she knows that.

Roberta, sounds like movement in the right direction. Just remember, she can borrow from you, but you cannot borrow from her.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

When I had a girlfriend at 17, she bought me panties quite often.
    My wife pretty much is not supportive but, yesterday she was using my computer and noticed I had so many pinterest emails for dresses and asked why?
    I said "because I love dresses" and nothing else was said.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Roberta, welcome to the group. Take it slow and do indeed tell her how good she looks and how you appreciate her.
    Part Time Girl

You girls are the best! Thanks for welcoming me to the group! I'm usually a lurker, but I post from time to time when something really sparks my interest! I am hoping with time I will get to be more girly more often! Thanks again! 😘

Roberta sounds like you have a keeper of a wife there. She might have been threatened at first but after they realize we are still the guy they married and the love is still there they do come around or at least get used to it. You are a lucky guy just remember to treat her nicer than ever and she will get even more on board with it all.

Roberta, Congratulations!!! The stages of acceptance is very rewarding. Going from tolerant to acceptance to encouraging with your S/O is the best feeling. Be prepared for a step forward then two steps back. Sometimes I take advantage of the pink time she offers me, them other times I make sure I give her the blue time she needs from me. Keep the pink time and blue time balanced. ALWAYS make her feel appreciated and you will be surprised what she gives back in return. Good luck and enjoy your pink time!

That's awesome Roberta! It paid off to do your research and it sounds like you're handling things very well. This gives me hope that my wife will slowly come around over time.

Relaxing in our new sports bras watching 13 going on 30. She loves the fact I like girly movies! 😉 I always tried to play the guy card pretending I didn't like them. But now that I've expressed my feminine side she loves some of the perks.

Reality Check
    The key is to move slowly. Make sure she is OK with one step before you move on to the next step. Sharing clothes is a good thing. Make sure she knows that there is an end in sight, that you won't eventually want to have surgery or live as a woman. That thought scares most wives.

And make sure it's not all about you. Be her man when she needs you to be and tell her how much you love and appreciate her.

Roberta, this sounds like a wonderful turnaround and beginning for you both!

I hold out hope that similarly for my wife the emotions of affinity [as I morph from distracted male provider/protector into super attentive supportive friend] will overcome the emotions of being a stranger in a strange land [you are a man and you look terrible- strange and perverted- in a dress? -why are you so out of touch with the simple reality and logic of our culture???/#!%]. In the meantime, it is wonderful to know progress is being made somewhere!
    We are all beautiful...!

Roberta,

Wonderful story. Your wife sounds like a gem. Keep her feelings in front and always be honest. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My wife is a gem to love me and being as accepting and supportive as she is...unconditional love is amazing!

Women are so unpredictable, what's good today isn't always good tomorrow. It sounds like she is coming around and just don't push or put to much pressure, I know we can get excited and anxious at times.

Welcome Roberta! Sounds like things are working out well, just remember ....encourage her to buy stuff just for her sometimes!!! Picking out something new is always fun!!

Greeneyes

An update. So the wife has told me the last two days not to put makeup on. But now tonight she wants to do my makeup once the daughter goes to bed. I think she thinks it's fun to put makeup on me but when I do it myself she isn't as crazy about it. I'm girly myself and have a feminine nature, but I still can't get into the brain of a GG... anyone else have any luck cracking into their GG's brain waves? Lmao 😘

And thanks again girls! This world is so new to me and I'm glad to be apart of all this! 😘

Maybe she is trying to set some boundaries? It may take some time for her to settle in to a new 'norm'.

I know it's hard not too, but try not to overthink it, or get all consumed with your new found freedom.

Enjoy!!

Roberta, Continue to let her drive. She is setting boundaries and opening up to her comfort zone. Take advantage as anything could trigger a step back. Right now she is doing something special for you. Return the favor and give her back something special. My wife love quality family time. You have a special wife, take care of her