Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stepping up, or leaving the seat down?

Stepping up, or leaving the seat down?

For this thought, as I was using the restroom just curious how many with so/wife leave the seat down and not get yelled at for leaving it up. When my wife and I talked about dressing while at home, if I am fully dressed or just getting home from work the seat is always left down. Only time that the seat is left up is when of son's come over and uses the restroom.

The seat is always down at our house unless it's getting cleaned or someone comes over and leaves it up. I pee sitting down in guy and girl mode. Of course unless my male privledge allows me to pee outside in the woods lol

At home, the seat is always down, because I sit down to go! I stand up when out and about(in male mode). Have not got to the having to go when out dressed! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My now ex used to give me hell if the seat was left up but I used to get my own back by not opening the window after having a sit down!!!

Aspiring Member
    I like to read in the bathroom, so standing up makes my aim somewhat less accurate.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I am single and have my own bathroom off the master bedroom so it's always up. But I never understood the whole put the seat down thing. I am 54 years old and have only once, at age 4, sat on a toilet with the seat up, I learned my lesson that day. Why would anyone sit down without checking first.

If I didn't sit down I don't think I would reply to as many threads as I do.

Banned Read only
    My wife always leaves it down, if I am standing I put it up then back down when I am done most of the time.

But my wife never complains if I forget to put it back down.

I've always left it down. When I was growing up I had to leave it down for my mom and sister. When I was single I left it down out of habit and til this day, where I'm the only guy in the house, I still leave it down.

Banned Read only
    Roslyn,
    I guess it's good manners to put the seat down after it's only a courtesy for the GGs in the house, I still find it easier to stand when dressed, it's easier to find things and tuck them away again .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My ex wives always gave me grief over the seat no matter if it was up or down.
    My fist ex wanted it down so I put it down usually but if one of the kids left it up I got the blame for it.
    My second ex wanted it down so when she found it up I said well you are in there put it down but your ass is big enough it didn't really matter either way.
    We teased each other like that all the time.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    Ouch! that's one comment I wouldn't make ! Have you always been a sweet talker ?

I thought we had smart seats that do all the hard work of putting it up and down for us. Just wave your hand and... presto!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Teresa we made fun of each other all the time and it was never meant in a mean way.
    Out doing the grocery shopping she would pick an item put it in the buggy and say come on fat ass we don't have all day.
    Her favorite was to blurt out while we were in the cookie aisle OMG you think you really need cookies tubby?

No wife, no kids and the seats are always left down, so if one is left up it occasionally it is because the cleaning lady Lauri left it up...............or the ghosts have been here again
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Standing to pee is gross. It splatters everywhere. That's why the men's restroom is so nasty. The seat stays down at my house. No one here but me and Obi, my rescue pup, and he goes outside. Oh, I forgot Buttons, my cat, he goes in the litter box.

I have BPH and a weak stream as a result. so I always pee sitting down, unless I'm in a hurry or need to use my male perogative because the bathroom is dirty. So the seat is down.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Always down, always sit to pee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I won't comment on the miriad,"undies", fetish threads. But, I'm commenting on THIS one? I must need a drink-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Some time ago, somewhere, I used a toilet where the seat was spring loaded to the UP position. You pushed it down and sat. On the way up the seat followed you up. Weird, but usually clean.

Much earlier, in southern Europe, I found toilets without a seat, just two pads to put your feet on and you squatted over the hole (oops, there went my wallet again). But at least no wet seat.

Ineke

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I won't comment on the miriad,"undies", fetish threads. But, I'm commenting on THIS one? I must need a drink-----
    OMG, I've been drinking and I read a peeing thread. Must drink some more.

At least Jeri's comment was right on target (yes, pun fully intended) so that I don't have to offer anything constructive.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    And the answer is the seat and top should both be down to avoid spreading germs such as E. coli.

Yes, I do sit down to pee unless in guy mode.

Seat down all the time and I sit every time. There is no point in wearing nice lingerie and acting like a man.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta225 View Post
    The seat is always down at our house unless it's getting cleaned or someone comes over and leaves it up. I pee sitting down in guy and girl mode. Of course unless my male privledge allows me to pee outside in the woods lol
    Since having prostate cancer I also pee sitting down in both modes unless I'm outside working on out 5+ acres.

Quote Originally Posted by nvlady View Post
    I like to read in the bathroom, so standing up makes my aim somewhat less accurate.
    I also read while sitting in the bathroom...they don't call it the throne of knowledge for nothing.

YEAH MY 1000th POST
    Last edited by Jillian Faith; 08-06-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Standing to pee is gross. It splatters everywhere. That's why the men's restroom is so nasty. The seat stays down at my house. No one here but me and Obi, my rescue pup, and he goes outside. Oh, I forgot Buttons, my cat, he goes in the litter box.
    I couldn't agree more! I clean the toilets in my household and I like it clean. No matter how good of an aim you are it will never be as clean as just sitting to pee. My wife questioned me at first but I told her it was to feel more girly, keeps a clean bathroom, and the seat will always be down for her. She doesn't question it anymore.

Another big plus is going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and not having to worry about turning lights on and blinding yourself.