Thread: Small personal progress

Aspiring Member

Small personal progress

My wife know about my CDing. She is ok with it as long as she doesn't have to see me dressed. When I came out to her about all of this she said I could keep everything in the closet. I have been hiding for so long I wanted to keep everything bagged up and out of sight. Last week I finally put my clothes out in the closet and underwear folded in my dresser. Its a little thing in the big picture but a big step for me. This winter I am going build my wife and me a makeup table. I will have my own drawer.
    Sara

Small but significant progress I would say. Well done Sara!

Good for you to some thats a baby step. But I know its scary and brave at the same time.

It is always nice to keep the wrinkles at bay by hanging your clothing in the closet. Enjoy the progress!

Hi Sara,

That's not such a small thing in my opinion. I know when wife suggested my things come out of hiding and go in the closet (when our addition gets built - another story) I was elated, so I know exactly how you feel.

Elizabeth

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I didn't know if I was headed for divorce or something worse when my wife found out. A few days later we had "the talk". When she started off saying "I found your stash downstairs in a dufflebag" I thought I was lost. Then she went on to say, "they are too nice to be stuffed there, you should hang them up in the closet." I was elated and knew she understood how deep that part of me was. That may seem like small progress on your part, but it's a journey of a thousand miles for her.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It's a huge step, both for you personally and for you as a couple. There are many here who will envy you. Don't downplay forward progress. Congratulations!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Every step forward whether big or small is progress. Even if you take two steps forward and one step back, that's still progress. Her concern for your wardrobe is notable. Asking for her advice regarding makeup, ensemble coordinator might help. I hope she will eventually agree to see you dressed. Best,

My wife went from zero acceptance to let's take it slow and you can dress in front of me with my limited assortment of clothing. It has been great to be lounging around and have her come home and no negative comments of what I am wearing. I have been underdressed most days, some days she has picked out what undies to wear. It has been great!

Aspiring Member
    Any bit of progress we can make is great. I wish I could hang my female clothing in the closet. When my wife is away I take out all of my drab stuff, put it in a storage closet in the basement, and hang all my female clothes in the closet. I love it when that happens. I work from home so I get up in the morning, breakfast in a pink terry bathrobe (cold weather) or satin white bathrobe (warm weather), shower, then decide what to wear, set out my clothes, underwear, hose, then get dressed in business girl attire, then do my day's work and chores. In the evening, depending on how I feel I will stay the way I am or change into something more casual just like a GG would do. Shorts, jeans, whatever. Then a nightgown or PJs to bed. Lots of fun! I love the transitions from one mode to another without having to pass through man mode.

That's awesome Sara!!! I'm happy for your wife's progress in acceptance. When some part of my crossdressing benefits my wife, like her using my stuff, I tell her it's a perk. When building a makeup table for both of you that is a perk for her!

Reality Check
    " This winter I am going build my wife and me a makeup table."

I haven't seen a makeup table in years. Many years. I think my first ex wife had one back in the 1960s.

You go girl. Baby steps add up Sara.
    Angie

The makeup table is a good plan. First of all, it's a gift, which is nice by itself. But like moving your clothes out into the open, it also may serve the purpose of "normalizing" (there's that word again ) your dressing. Not a guarantee, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Hi Sara,

Congratulations and good luck going forward. I hope you and your wife are able to get through the change from having your femme things being hidden to having your femme things being side by side with her femme things.

Regards,
    Nora

That is a good first step Sara. When she washes clothes and yours are in there. She may lovingly fold them for you to put away. miine does that anyways. Hope your wife does.
    Part Time Girl

Congratulations on moving your things to the closet.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Sara,
    That's really great. It's a wonderful feeling to get a sign of acceptance/progress from a partner.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."