Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heels in public

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Krisi,
    Cowboy boots work in some parts of the US but stand out very much in the UK, they don't blend in unless you are line dancing.
    They're going to blend a lot better than 3" pumps.

Aspiring Member
    I have worn women's sandals and a few times heels in public. Have had some, but not many comments. If you wear skinny jeans/pants, people will notice. If you wear boot cut jeans/pants, I doubt anyone will notice. I bought a pair of dress slacks yesterday to wear with heels.

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    That doesn't worry me I love my heels too much !
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-08-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Is a dress "manly"?
    Well .... kilts can be ...��

By the way, cowboy boot wearer here. My male attire Tony Lamas have 2" Cuban heels.

I have worn my 2" heeled booties with women's bootcut jeans to the grocery store! When crossing the parking lot saw a women talking to husband as if she noticed but it could have been my walk too! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I once went shopping in semi-drab. I was wearing a bra and panties, no shirt but a men's v-neck sweater that was fairly unisex, male dress pants, and clearly feminine wedges. All topped off with a touch of subdued lipstick and women's glasses. If I were to do it again, I'd add earrings. I kind of liked the look, rather androgynous, which perhaps well defines what I actually am: neither full one nor the other; sometimes more of one than the other, other times more in the middle.

But this was to go to a store where I was well known by the staff. I parked directly in front of the store, walked in, overheated my credit card, got back in my car with my haul, and drove home.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    This is me at work yesterday - it was slow so I could wear heels. Today I have a lot of stuff to move around, so while still in a skirt, I'm wearing boring old durable mens shoes.

IMG_0845 (Medium).jpg
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Yes, but over 2" feels 'off'.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have worn some boots with stiletto heals, they were under bluejeans, I was still noticed as they hurt like heck after only a few minutes of shopping, I relied heavily on the shopping cart to take some of the weight. I had almost forgot about that moment of my life Thanks for asking. Brenda

Banned Read only
    And a word of caution or should I say pain. You can walk inside your house in 3 and 4 inch heels/spikes and think you've mastered it; then get out of your car, walk to the entrance and then through the mall and your calves and feet will make you think a mid evil mascoist got a holt of you.

Like Brenda I was noticed with stiletto heel boots under jeans, sucks doesn't it. Women are admired, CDs are trashed; both have feet and jeans, why different treatment???

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    ............. Like Brenda I was noticed with stiletto heel boots under jeans, sucks doesn't it. Women are admired, CDs are trashed; both have feet and jeans, why different treatment???
    Why different treatment? Because men are supposed to wear men's shoes and women are supposed to wear women's shoes.

You don't have to like it but you should understand it.

Many major cities have areas where it's OK to dress how you want and act how you want. Shopping malls are not in those areas though.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I remember the first time in the mall wearing heels, I found out quickly that those floors are SLIPPERY!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I have several times with seemingly no notice and a few with the odd glare. Once I did have a guy ask me if it is hard to walk in heels and do they make your feet hurt. I told him not really and yes some so. It is important to get the right fit. He thank me and that was that.

This year, around the start of April, I started wearing feminine cork wedge sandals with 3" heels in both male and female modes. I hadn't worn obviously female footwear in public as a guy before. But one night I was relaxing around the house in guy mode, and I was wearing a t-shirt from Hot Topic and women's jeans with highly embellished back pockets and a cute pair of women's cork wedge sandals with 3" heels and black straps (see pic attached). I was otherwise entirely male - no wig, breast forms or feminine makeup or jewelry. I decided at about 8:30 PM that I needed to get a dart board from the local sporting goods store. The sandals I had on were unquestionably women's shoes, but they were comfortable and I wanted to get to the store before it closed. So I tossed on a women's jacket (Black with a grey fake fur collar), and off I went. Ended up going to the sporting goods store, and to Wal Mart, and to a hardware store, and had no problems at all.

After that, I wore the ones in this pic for 4 months, virtually every day, until I literally wore them out! Had to toss them when the side straps started to tear out. But they were a fairly cheap pair.

Since breaking the ice with that, I started wearing whatever I felt comfortable in. Women's boots or women's sandals with 3 to 4 inch heels in guy mode. I still haven't done stiletto high heels as a guy, but no one seems to blink at wedge heels or chunky-style high heels like on block-heel sandals or women's boots.

My daughter made the observation recently that one big reason why I have no trouble when I go out en-femme, or when I go out as a guy wearing girly things, is my attitude. I'm so obviously comfortable and at ease that no one thinks to question how I look. So that would be my advice to you. Just own it and act like you're comfortable, and people will likely not comment at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-09-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Gender identity has nothing to do with boobs.

Clothing? We rock it.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I rarely wear heels in public because I'm 6 feet tall to begin with. On those few occasions when I do, I'm always completely made over. I just don't like the look of heels with drab clothing.

Hi Newleybronwyn,
    I'm not sure if I can post other web site details on here ( checked FAQ's and rules, Admin please remove if not allowed ) but one site that might be of interest to you is high heel place the web address is hhplace.org,
    Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by Underdressed; 08-09-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: wrong site address

Thank you everyone. I've definitely decided it will be a case of if and not when. And bootcut jeans is a really good idea. Can't believe I never thought of that!

Silver Member
    3" block heels, huh. If the heels didn't click-clack as you walked, the sound of which would draw attention to you, go for it. I have a pair that I need to check out as to sound. However, I'd wear male trousers to cover them unless I was out with the girls.

I have wearing men's western boots for years so a two inch heel is normal for me and ho-hum. I do have a second pair of ankle boots that like much like the other pair I posted but with a three inch heel that I wear to work many days. I get a little crap about my side zip boots, but no one has mentioned the three inch heels. These boots have a "modified" western boot heel so they are not overly fem.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newlybronwyn View Post
    Has anyone else ever been out in public in heels, but with otherwise fairly manly dress?
    Yes.

I own a couple pairs of pretty cute booties. Same style, but one in a flat black, and the other in a medium brown.

Really comfy, and kinda look like some sort of motorcycle boots (if that's even a thing?), with a strap & buckle on the side. Toe-box isn't pointy, but somewhat tapered, anyway.

The heels on them are something like 1.5" to 2", I forget at the moment.

But the key thing? They don't click! The bottom of the heel & sole are some sort of rubber. Makes things kinda quiet for a much easier time at "stealth mode."

EDIT: Forgot to metion... The heels are pretty chunky. None of this thin pointy stuff!
    Last edited by ellbee; 08-10-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Banned Read only
    Wearing heels that click is a great feminine sound and adds to dressing as a female. If I get into an area of other shoppers and don't want to be noticed I can change how I put my foot down and walk quietly.

I wear 3" or 4" pumps when at work. When home I'll go more casual with my boots. I have 2 pairs that I wear on a regular basis One pair has a slightly pointed toe with 3" block heels. The other pair has more of a rounded toe, think combat boots, with a 2-1/2" heel. Both are black leather and have laces in the front, zippers on the side. Most of the time I am wearing a skirt and a man's polo, but at times I wiil wear my favorite 501 Levis. No seems to notice or care even when I wear the skirt.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

I've asked 3 ladies that have commented on my heels and asked them what made them notice and all three said they heard the sound and looked for the heels. All their comments were positive and I chatted with all of them. I have a new pair of heels that fit better than others but they are missing the sound due to a rubber anti slip bottom pad. For this reason they are not my favorite.

It's funny that I just got home from picking up my grandson from school.
    I'm wearing women's short that my wife bought for her but they didn't fit and she knows that I don't like the normal short pants wear because they're too big.
    After my foot surgery, that stitches were removed just yesterday, I should wear a boot (see sexy legs thread) but at home these are the more comfortable shoes.
    I didn't notice up to when get out the car in the place, neither wife that I left home wearing them, while waiting my grandson I didn't see any mom looking at me, nor my grandson or wife when I got back home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION