Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solicitors at front door

Solicitors at front door

Have any of you answered the door en femme when a solicitor rings or knocks? How did they react?

I ask because I've always lived in fear of someone coming to house while I'm dressed. I've always had the curtains down and the doors locked but still get panicked when the doorbell rings. In male mode I'm in the habit of having a few morning cups of coffee at my computer in the den which has a large window facing our front yard. Anyone who approaches the front door walks right by this window. As part of my effort to break down my anxiety over getting caught and to feel more comfortable about myself I have started to enjoy my morning coffee while wearing a basic blouse, skirt, panties, and bra with falsies (no wig, make up, etc). I'm confident no one can see me from the sidewalk because of the window glare and even if they did it would be hard to see that I'm wearing women's clothing.

Unfortunately I still need to worry about the occasional solicitor who might come to the front door and walk right by the window. This happened yesterday but I just happened to be in male mode at the time.

I'm not ready to answer the door en femme but would like to live vicariously through your experiences so I can get an idea of the various reactions.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I have had Jehova's witnesses come to the door, Lawn care dudes,roofing contractor guys you name it.
    So what exactly are you afraid of?
    The "I'm confident no one can see me" makes me think you have an 'I want to get caught' fetish hiding in you somewhere.
    Just answer the door and see what happens the world isn't going to end I can tell you that much.
    You worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    makes me think you have an 'I want to get caught' fetish hiding in you somewhere.
    It's more of I want to stop hiding as opposed to wanting to get caught. Of course it's goofy on my part but I'm really in that middle ground where I want to be able to wear what I want in my own home but not necessarily make it obvious. I hate solicitors to begin with as I find it an extreme intrusion on my privacy for a stranger to knock on my door. If I could afford to put a fence around my front yard with a locking gate I would in a heartbeat.

My wife and I peek through the blinds to see who is knocking. If it's obviously an un-asked-for solicitation for a product, donation, my vote, or participation in their religion, we usually choose to not answer and let them go away. Building supply and hardware stores sell "no soliciting" signs which I am considering posting on my door but I haven't yet.
    It's your door and your decision to answer or not.

Banned Read only
    Why worry about a random stranger?

It's not like they will remember you beyond "Remember that guy who answered the door in a dress?" conversations with coworkers, I am pretty sure the other person in that conversation would answer "Which one?".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Reality Check
    I know of a guy who sold "No Soliciting" signs door to door but of course once he made a sale he could never go back!

So what's the point of dressing but no wig? You will attract less attention either in all female mode or all male mode. A dude in a dress with boobs stands out and is noticeable.

Have you considered curtains or blinds on that window? Or not sitting in front of that window?

Have you considered a "No Soliciting" sign?

And lastly, you are not obligated to answer the door. It's your choice.

Do what I did and unplug your front doorbell. 15 years later and life hasn't changed one bit. The packages still get delivered and guests still drop by. Solicitors? Haven't had one since...

I go and answer the door when they knock. Yeah I have signed the ups guys computer when he delvers stuff. No issues. Most around here know I feminine anyways. .
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    When I'm fully dressed and there's a ring or knock on the door, I just don't answer the door, period! Its that simple.

Gold Member
    Once I had to sign for a package, and I was dressed in a long jean skirt, and top.
    No wig or makeup, just a Guy wearing a skirt.
    When the door bell rang, I went to the door not thinking of what I was wearing.
    I opened the door, about half way, partly standing behind it. I reach out for the
    device to sign, and retrieved my package, returned the device and closed the door.
    I do not think the UPS even noticed what I was wearing. All went well that time.
    Rader

Marrying Solicitors has been my downfall!
    Daughters as barristers has killed me!

Open the door and allow the air to come in!

But only if you are up for it!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

When or door bell rings it goe to our phone, so I can answer without going to or opening the door. Did once have a neighbor at the door and told her that I had just gotten out of the shower and could not come down. Made contact later.

Banned Spammer
    The only one stopping you from wearing what you want in your own home is you.
    People aren't going to park or gather in front of your house because you have a bra on, wear what you want nobody really cares what you wear.
    Maybe it's your own homophobia holding you back.

I only worry about a family member or neighbor coming to the door. My brother knocked on the front door the day my sister died and I was wearing girl's stretch pants. I let him in and he didn't say anything about it. That would have turned out much different if I were fully en femme. Oh my!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Maybe it's your own homophobia holding you back.
    Interesting response. Not sure I understand why you would say that to me?

Hi Karen, for a starter, when I dress, I dress completely. So if someone comes to the door they get me dressed. My funny story is that I keep my toenails painted...bright coral. I was home after the gym...in shorts , tank top and barefooted. The UPS guy came to deliver a package. I stepped out front and signed the gizmo. All he said was nice toes. I smiled and said that life is too short to be boring. He laughed and said right on.

Yes, I have. I have not had any bad experiences. One time it was not a solicitor but a neighbor woman. She did not realize to whom she was speaking. Later she asked if the woman who answered the door was my sister. I said "no, it was just a friend helping me."
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Spammer
    Karen by that I meant your own reservations of being seen and have someone think you were gay thats all.
    You personally may not be homophobic but when you are worried about being seen in womens clothes it kind of appears that way.
    Whats the first thing people ask when they see a man crossdressing? Oh he must be gay.
    Its very common.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    If it's the postal carrier or UPS guy delivering packages face-to-face, I really don't care. I've actually become a bit friendly with my regular postal carrier (a GG), always chit-chatting about this or that.

I broke it in gradually, wearing increasingly femmy stuff in front of her. I always catch her quickly sneaking a peek or two, and at first she was a bit surprised. But over time, it seems she's come to just be like, "Eh, whatever..."

One time the landline phone guy had to come into my apartment. I was in guy-mode, but wearing chick clothes. Didn't even realize it at the time, but apparently my bra strap was showing the whole time!

Never said a word to me about it. And we actually had a very long conversation while he was there, LOL.

I should mention, I don't present as female (with wig, make-up, etc.)... So obviously it's a bit different for me.

But people like them are just doing their job, and are pretty professional about it. I'm sure they've already seen it all.

I've answered the door many times en femme. I get no reaction whatsoever.

Banned Spammer
    Actually saw a neighbor at the mail boxes today and she commented on my flats (grasshoppers) and said those are so cute where did you get them?
    She said I should let her braid my hair but she is married and not quite comfy with her doing that.
    She said maybe I need to make an appointment at the salon she works at. Maybe I will who knows.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-08-2017 at 06:29 PM.

I answered the door the other day. It was after the next door neighbor's oldest boy cut my front yard. I did not think about it and answered it with my painted fingernails plus no shoes so painted toes too! He asked about the polish on my fingers and I explained about manicure includes polish and I want my money's worth! His reply was "Neat!" I am not sure if he told his parents or not but I have not seen them in over a week! Not sure if it is related or not! We will see I am sure! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Not wanting to hide", means u want out of your closet, Karen. There a zillion ways of going out without your friends and neighbors knowing u dress. I've been going out all over the country for nearly 10 years. But, I'm still in the closet! I just don't dress out in my home town area.

I don't dress so anyone can see me at home. Including my disapproving, adult daughter who lives with me. As for your front room, I suggest an inexpensive set of verticle blinds. When you're in the mood to get caught? Pull them wide open. When u want privacy? Shut them all the way. When you're not sure? Pull them shut but leave them slanted part way open!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Karen,
    You do realise we use the term solicitor in the UK to mean a lawyer . Usually the term soliciting meant a hooker looking for business, so when I read your thread I wasn't sure what to expect .

I guess you were referring to cold callers and bible pushers, or possibly delivery drivers ?

Going to the door dressed appears to cure the bible pushers, they never call again, cold callers are on a mission so they don't care and delivery drivers usually drop the parcel and run without a signature. At home I'm usually in MIAD mode so I'm not too happy with them calling because I don't personally like being seen like that.
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-08-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Put up a sign that says "No salesman, No Jehovah Witnesses"!

I also keep a pair of jeans or shorts and a T shirt and deck shoes or slippers, that I can put on quickly for a delivery man, UPS, etc.