Thread: Heel observations

Heel observations

After the last thread about walking in heels I found myself in an area full of ggs wearing heels. A few things I noticed that day
    The most popular color was nude (tan) followed closely by black.
    This was in a professional area so most ladies walked in them well. Steps were small but definitely not the runway swing your hips walk
    Most seem to wear shoes a little large for them as a large number of them had a gap behind the heel looked like a size too big. I wear a 10 men and a 12 heel. If I try a 13 I have trouble walking out of them. I don't know how they walk without falling or losing their shoe.
    Not a single one were wearing hose or leg wear I was there a few weeks ago and saw a couple wearing nude hose a usually see more wearing black hose.
    As bad as I hate to work there (busy train station) I love going a seeing all the dressed up ladies. And there is a Nine West store there too. The SAs there are very friendly and helpful.

Banned Read only
    I've seen many young women or I should say teenage girls who have not yet mastered the art of walking in heels. There are products/rubber strips that are designed to adhere to the heel to fill in the gap. The inexperienced young women/girls can be heard clip-clopping on the hard tile at the malls and nearly falling over. I think, if the woman is not wearing hosiery the natural dampness from the foot will stop some sliding of the heel. It seems it would be natural that the foot will slide forward into the toe box of the shoe more and more with the height of the heel...gravity. My personal choice when taking an evening stroll is to wear a low heel that does not have a narrow spike.

I also enjoy watching women in dresses and heels.

I love sitting and watching women in heels walk. You can see all sorts from beginners to those that look like they just glide in them. Nothing gets my motor running faster( except lips painted with dark red lipstick) than a beautiful woman wearing heels.

Being a total leg man, I, too enjoying watching women in heels. Unfortunately, in our area, you seldom see a woman wearing heels, let alone hose (sad &#128532....mostly sandals, flats, etc. I love to watch their body language and take mental notes. Their "click, click" always turns my head. Rarely will you see any makeup either. Hopefully, with Fall just around the corner, we'll see more heels & hose.

Black and nude go with about everything, so yes most common. Your feet do tend to side down in heels. They sell pads to put in your shoes to help with this. Women don't like to wear hose. They will wear tights if it is cold. I wear heels all the time, mostly 4-5 inch . Normally bare leggs, because my girl friends give me grief if I wear stockings or hose. I don't always give in, last night I went out with my best friend. She said she was wearing pants, I said I was wearing a skirt. She is like it's Tuesday wear pants. I'm like I'm wearing a skirt and heels, that's what I want to wear and did. I'm always overdressed, everyone is use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    Being a total leg man, I, too enjoying watching women in heels. ...Their "click, click" always turns my head.
    Men are genetically programmed to automatically turn their heads towards the sound of a high heel. It's a proven fact.

Banned Read only
    Heels tend not to slip of if worn without stockings, the bare skin does grip better,the problem is they chafe more .

I fell into the trap of buying one size larger in female to male , they also stretched so I just couldn't keep them on.
    I mostly find the sizing comparable from male to female, there's no doubt women's feet are getting bigger. I take a male 8 (UK) and most of my heels are 8.

Nude shoes make your legs look longer via optical illusion; that's another reason they're popular.

I've noticed the gap behind the heel as well. I know that on the back of my feet my heel "bumps" out a bit so there isn't a smooth line down the back of my feet. When I wear shoes there's a gap at the back of the heel even when the shoes are the right size. Maybe some gg's have the same thing with their feet.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    In my local city center for about an hour at dinnertime you can see women everywhere you look in heels, skirts, dresses of all types and styles. Probably half or less wear tights of some kind. At other times of the day such items are much less obvious. My own heels are size 8 (uk), same as my male shoes.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Oh, the "heels & hose" issue. We know what we like, that's a given. In our view, we strive to be us. We buck trends. Women, on the otherhand, want to fit in. They follow trends with gay abandon, and if that trend says no heels & hose, they go that way. Or they feel more sexy, conservative, comfortable, dressy, heck, what time is it? I changed my mind.

Sometimes we get to enjoy the view. Sometimes, not.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Winter is coming then it will be black hose/tights. I like to wear heels with and without hose. I do like a good fit. the space behind the heel is not for me. When mine stretch a little I put in the heel pads. But some of the ones I saw were clearly too big for the foot.

Silver Member
    The talk about feet slipping in heels must refer primarily to open pumps (flats have the same challenge). A strap across the top of the foot style stops the slipping. I also like the back zip up styles for the same reason. They are much more snug on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    Men are genetically programmed to automatically turn their heads towards the sound of a high heel. It's a proven fact.
    Men aren't the only ones who take clues based on the sound of clicking heels. I had a hankering for a cinnamon roll one morning, so I was walking up up the sidewalk towards the front door of a restaurant that serves cinnamon rolls the size of dinner plates. I was following an elderly lady (mid to late 70s), dressed to have breakfast 'out' with friends. She had heard my heels clicking as I was walking up to the restaurants' front door that she had just opened with a slight struggle. She then turned towards me with the smile on her face that women seem to use for one another. That quickly faded when she realized that she was holding the door for a man wearing a skirt and high heels. (Yes, I present male, but I dearly love wearing skirts and heels.) I thanked her, then held the door for her as she entered the restaurant. She took one last look at me, then fled to the back of the restaurant where I assume her friends were seated. I'm not sure she has moved that fast in several years...

Nude colored pumps/heels were the trend for a while. It's starting to die down now, but of course women are still wearing them. The older women at my office still wear hose but the younger women no longer feel the need to wear them. I used to love wearing super high heels but the older I get, the more practical I become and I'm ok with shorter heels now.

Quote Originally Posted by alesha View Post
    Nude colored pumps/heels were the trend for a while. It's starting to die down now, but of course women are still wearing them. The older women at my office still wear hose but the younger women no longer feel the need to wear them. I used to love wearing super high heels but the older I get, the more practical I become and I'm ok with shorter heels now.
    At my office in Germany the women and I wore hose when it was cold outside. Which for me seemed like it was always cold, now that I am back in Texas. They did however in the summer go hose-less. Here in Dallas only one older lady still wears hose. But I am told that when it does get cool the ladies will go back to hose.

Regarding color most will wear nude hose to the office and shoes in a wide variety of colors. Dark hose from what my wife tells me is more for evening and not for the office. Black, nude, brown, navy, and red pumps are daily here in Dallas. White pumps are seldom seen. In Germany it was more black and brown pumps.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Yup, I suppose fashion is dictated, to a certain extent, by locale. I don't see nude hose that often in California but black hose/tights and colored tights are the norm during colder months. I love brightly colored tights but they seem to be falling out of fashion now.