Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solicitors at front door

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I used to keep an inert one of these right by my front door just under a bush.
    Not sure if it deterred any unwanted knocks on my door from sales people.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Putting up a no soliciting sign doesn't mean a thing. They will come anyway. No laws against it. I answer however I'm dressed. Neighbors too. Had one neighbor woman come to the door ask me to help her carry a box in. Went over to her house and helped her wearing a golf skirt and top with bra. She said thanks and I left. Never said anything about what I was wearing.

Answered the door for 2 very pretty Jehova's witnesses one day long ago when I fully dressed fem. It was very hot out. They came in talked and I gave them water and wished them well. Never sure if they realized I was a guy or not.

Hahaha a claymore works like Tracii says.. but only if one knows what it is...

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I just don't answer the door for solicitors.

A red sign that says "Please do not dusturb occupant" works better. It has an ominous air about it and implies something medical going on.

This type of claymore is much more fun to use, speaking as a potental pirate queen, although the classic cutlass is hard to beat.

IMG_1245.jpg
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 08-09-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks all. Oddly enough the solicitor scenario played itself out today. I was sitting in my office wearing a dress when a person walked right by my front window heading to the door. He obviously noticed that I was sitting there because he waved as he walked by. I simply went to the door and, without opening the door, said I wasn't interested and have a good day. He walked off and that was that. No big deal.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Blackwood View Post
    I just don't answer the door for solicitors.
    -----------------------------------------------------This type of claymore is much more fun to use, speaking as a potental pirate queen, although the classic cutlass is hard to beat.
    IMG_1245.jpg
    I see your cutlass or claymore, Maria. And, raise u a 2 handed broadsword!

10513.jpg
    That's really me and my authentic broadsword!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The doorman in my building collects all packages and at 8pm delivers them to our door by opening it and pushing them through. I have yet to be sighted, though my dressing has been much curtailed for the last year while my step daughter has been living with us. I'm moving shortly to a townhouse so my plan was to use a doorbell with camera in order to determine who is at the door and either tell them to go away if they are selling something or want me to join their religion otherwise answer and collect the package.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Last summer I was in my bikini laying out on my deck.
    Two guys that work for the power company walked right into my back yard to trim the top of the trees under the power lines.
    I got up, grabbed my beach towel and went inside.
    Changed brushed out my hair and was dressed in my reg 50/50 mode.
    Went to the mail box got my mail and one of the guys was at his truck and he said tell your wife we are sorry we disturbed her we won't be much longer.
    I waved and said OK I will,you guys be safe and watch what you are doing.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.

That's hilarious Tracii
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Building supply and hardware stores sell "no soliciting" signs which I am considering posting on my door but I haven't yet.
    Why waste the good money? they can't read lol I have no soliciting and no peddlers BOTH on my door and they still knock. I guess they believe they don't protain to them.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    One time someone knocked at my door, she was selling Kirby vacuums. I was wearing a short tight skirt, hose, and some stripper-ish heels. And a t-shirt. No wig, no makeup. She asked if she could demonstrate her vacuum, and hell I was bored so said sure. 45 minutes later she was done, and did her best to sell me. I said, "Do you know how many pairs of heels I could buy for that kind of money?" She chuckled, but still tried to sell me... No I didn't buy the dang thing. And she never said a word or asked why I was dressed the way I was. I was having a ball.

And for what its worth, your mail carrier and UPS guy already know you crossdress by the things that they deliver, so I don't worry about them either.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Banned Spammer
    You know I still have the Kirby Gen III I bought back in the 80's.
    Not a great suck machine anymore but an outstanding carpet shampooer and I still use it for one.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Tracii, I did the same, but rigged a wire to make it appear as though it was connected to the doorbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Going to the door dressed appears to cure the bible pushers, they never call again.

Going to the door dressed MIAD in heels and carrying a double-barreled shotgun works even better.

I have answered the door in all forms of dressed for many salesmen and religious poeple. I was asked once by a Jehovah witness if the crossdresser still lived here I said yes I do , and the gay man lives next door still.. As she kept on walking I asked loudly are we not welcome at your church. Strange they dint ever knock on my door now.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Well, all I have is one of my ESO characters with an Assassin's Guild greatsword.

IMG_1246.jpg

This is Ogla The Odd. She's odd. Yes, that's a pot on her head.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 08-09-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_Ph View Post
    ........ And for what its worth, your mail carrier and UPS guy already know you crossdress by the things that they deliver, so I don't worry about them either.
    Most shops that sell CD specific merchandise (boobs, butt enhancers, wigs, etc.) label their packages discreetly. Nobody but you would know what's inside. And since these people deliver packages eight hours per day, five or six days per week, they don't really have time to care what's in them.

Reality Check
    I'm sitting here this morning expecting a new laptop to be delivered by FedEx. They often leave stuff on the doorstep but they may require a signature for this. It's supposed to be delivered by 8:00 PM. I'm set up for a quick change into male mode.

There are systems available where a push of the doorbell calls you on your cell phone. I'm wishing I had one of these so when the guy/girl comes, I could say "I'll be there in a minute."

My experiences in this regard hardly count, because by the time they happened, I could already pass pretty well.

Shortly after I moved to a new town, where I come and go en-femme freely, I was about to go out to the mall and heard a knock at the front door. I was already fully dolled up, with makeup and wig in place, so I just answered the door using my female voice. Turned out to be a pre-teen neighbor boy, selling fresh baked pies for a school fund raiser. I would have to pick it up on one of two days a few weeks later, when the moms baked them. I was one of his first stops, and he didn't have change for a $20 bill. But I have a checking account as Ceera, so I was able to go get my checkbook and give him a check for my pie. He thanked me, and gave no indication he saw me as anything but a normal female neighbor.

When the day came to get my pie, I went en-femme. The pick up point turned out to be a community center that was also hosting a community craft fair! I found the kitchens, but they were just getting the pies into the ovens. So Ceera got to shop at the craft fair for an hour or so while I waited. When I picked up my pie, I chatted with four or five of my neighborhood's moms, including the mother of the boy I bought my pie from. She recognized me as living on her block, and recognized my girl name as the first person her son sold a pie to, and she thanked me for supporting her son's fund raiser. And once again, no one acted as if they saw me as anything but female.

===

In a different case, a college aged guy came to the door, selling cleaning products. Again I was ready to go out, and this time I didn't want to waste time. So when I opened the door I was holding the collar of my 95 pound Bernese Mountain Dog, who was straining to "meet and greet" this stranger. The sales guy was totally unflappable! He asked to pet the dog and went right through with his sales pitch, despite my repeated insistance that I didn't want what he was selling. Took me several minutes to get him off my porch! He also treated me as a normal female.

More recently I put a no solicitors sign on my door, and now they rarely bother me.
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-11-2017 at 10:18 AM.