Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made an appointment!

Made an appointment!

Good evening all,
    I've been so confused lately with cross dressing, career and family life, and just have been under a lot of stress. While cross dressing has normally been a way to relieve stress, it also has created a lot lately also. Not sure where this is all going in my life, it has grown more visible in my way of life. Scared where it might lead I've decided to book an appointment with a gender therapist to get a professional take on my personal life. While I pondered for quite some time I just did it and am slightly excited to be moving forward to see what feels right for me, I'm also scared as hell. It's not for a little while yet, but please wish me luck.
    The pictures and content in my posts are owned by me(aka Brooke B, aka BABS) and shall not be copied or reproduced without my authority, and not be used for any purpose or agenda that would be discriminating to my self statue.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good luck I hope therapy is just what you need to get a hold of all your feelings.

A gender therapist is a great step, if for nothing more than to help you understand yourself.

Ideally, it could give you a light to guide your path.

'To thine own self be true'

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Good Luck Tammys31,
    Hope you find your path..

Hugs, Connie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Good for you! I started seeing a therapist when I first started crossdressing and continue to see one. It helped me quite a bit and still does to this day.
    "I aim to misbehave..." - Malcom Reynolds
    "I always behave, whether it's good or bad is a completely different story!" - Me

Good luck Tammy... a good therapist can really help you sort yourself out..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I'll wager that you will look back on your decision to seek counseling as one of the best you've ever made. Not that it's going to provide instant resolution, but it may well be the only path to any resolution for you. Good luck.

Hugs,

Kelly

Hi Tammy,

I started seeing a gender therapist after my wife learned of my crossdressing and after my first two sessions alone my wife joined me (as a matter of fact we have another appointment this afternoon). In my case I consider it to have been one of the best decisions I have made in a long time and my wife is off a similar mindset. We have benefited greatly from the experience and while you're mileage may vary I truly believe it is a step worth pursuing.

I wish you the best of luck.

Elizabeth

Good luck Tammmy, We are hear for you, I hope all goes well and you can find some relief to your stress. Take care, Brenda

Silver Member
    I also understand your fear of what might develop, but that is in essence why we go. We go to help understand our needs and also how to manage them within our personal situation.
    I go to a therapist for gender and other things and once I found skilled well-trained therapists I have never doubted the benefits of going.
    My point is, just as your therapist will learn about you and question you, you can also interview the therapist of their experience and training in gender therapy. I think 2 excellent questions are, do you have clients who come to therapy dressed? and, Can I come to therapy dressed either fully enfemme or a blend. I feel these quickly give you a feel for their experience level and also their comfort level.
    I went to about 8 "gender"therapist before I found my first GENDER therapist. The first 8, I trained in gender while paying them, not good. They need to be capable and a good fit. You need to be able to trust and feel comfortable with them, otherwise I suggest you switch therapists.

Good gender therapy is worth the cost and effort if you have questions about those aspects of your personality. Good Luck and keep us posted, please.

Tammy, Hope you get answers you are looking for out of the therapy!

Thank you all for support. That's the great thing about this place. 10 years ago I would dress and feel so ashamed. Then I found this site, and what an eye opener. I've grown so much in feminine personality after joining, hence the situation I'm at now. If you would have asked me back then if I could see myself now I would have never imagined. You all are so wonderful!
    The pictures and content in my posts are owned by me(aka Brooke B, aka BABS) and shall not be copied or reproduced without my authority, and not be used for any purpose or agenda that would be discriminating to my self statue.

keep-calm-and-wear-heels-120.jpg

Her Nibs told you to...
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I feel the only reason we feel ashamed is because so many think it's weird!
    When I dressed as in my teens I dressed with friends, some times three of us guys would dress and girls thought it was fun doing our makeup.
    As we became young adults it seemed like everyone went into the closet. I never asked my friends if they still dress.
    And over the years when my friends would ask if I still dress, I would say I grew out of it, due to being afraid of what they would think!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Good luck we are with you.

Valerie

Good luck Tammy. Therapy really helped me you'll be fine
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Banned Spammer
    Good Luck Tammy Best wishes and hope you seek what your looking for.

Good Luck Tammys3, what more can i add. This sounds so familiar to me, i also wonder just how far I can go with this. I find myself thinking about women's things be it jewelry, clothing, stockings, shoes etc all most all of the time. It is all about dressing with me, I am positive i don't want to change my gender, but why do i think about these issues so much. They call it a pink fog and i guess that's as good an explanation as any. But i can't see me doing this when i am 80, and that's only 12 years away. BUT i just LOVE dressing UP!!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

good luck Tammy hope it comes out good with it hun.
    Angie

The best thing I got out of therapy was to accept myself as I am. See my signature.

I even got a little help with the wife understanding, more tolerating than accepting, but as good as it will ever be for me.

And I've learned to accept that also.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thank you girls so much for all the support! Its coming up next week and I'll keep you posted for sure.

Silver Member
    Tammy, The toughest part may be walking in the door the first time but it is so worth it. Are you going to a female or male therapist? Just curious? If you wish to PM about anything that is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammys31 View Post
    Good evening all,
    I've been so confused lately with cross dressing, career and family life, and just have been under a lot of stress. While cross dressing has normally been a way to relieve stress, it also has created a lot lately also. Not sure where this is all going in my life, it has grown more visible in my way of life. Scared where it might lead I've decided to book an appointment with a gender therapist to get a professional take on my personal life. While I pondered for quite some time I just did it and am slightly excited to be moving forward to see what feels right for me, I'm also scared as hell. It's not for a little while yet, but please wish me luck.
    We feel all the same as you ....and we are trying to keep things at hand ...but this part of crossdressing and we love it ....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Tammy, The toughest part may be walking in the door the first time but it is so worth it. Are you going to a female or male therapist? Just curious? If you wish to PM about anything that is fine too.
    I'm going to a female therapist. For those who have gone to one what was your choice?

Hi Tammy, I went to a women therapist, too. I also went to a group run by a woman gender therapist. I thought both were helpful. Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!