Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you TS?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Exclamation Moderatrix's note

OK enough discussion about whether we should use definitions or not.

Let's get back to the intention of the OP!

Help me out here, folks, don't make me close the thread or have to do wholesale deletions.

However, a warning: the next post that is more interested in discussing the standardisation of terminology or lack thereof earns themselves a deletion and possibly an infraction and/or more serious moderation.

Now back to the question in the OP: Are you TS?

Rianna Humble
    Moderatrix

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post

Now back to the question in the OP: Are you TS?
    Cross-sexed gender ID, psych intervention (including diagnosis on my medical record and HRT referral), and 5 years HRT. As Nigella put it in her OP, "take from this what you will."
    Lea

Am I a transsexual? That was the very last question I was able to answer for myself.

Two years ago I decided to go to a local transgender support group. I met other trans people for the first time ever. It was quite an experience! Being treated and seen as a woman just felt so right to me, if only for those few hours in safe spaces.

• Within a few months, I pre-paid for a year of laser hair removal and started right away. But I told everyone I wasn't transitioning - I just didn't want to have facial hair.
    • A few months after that, I had consultations with a few surgeons about getting a rhinoplasty, because I wanted my nose to look more feminine. The change was dramatic, and I was happy with the result. But I kept telling everyone I wasn't transitioning - I just wanted to have a more feminine face.
    • A month after my rhinoplasty, I started taking HRT. I told the doctor that I wasn't sure if I wanted to transition; that I just wanted to try HRT for a month or two to see how it would make me feel. She wrote me the prescription. But I still told everyone I wasn't transitioning.

Finally, one of my trans friends said to me, "Mirya, you've had months of laser hair removal, you've had a rhinoplasty, and you're on HRT - you may say you're not transitioning, but you already are!" And I was like, "no, I'm not transitioning!" Some of my friends suggested I see a therapist, so after a month on HRT (still wasn't sure at this point, lol) I decided to talk to a local gender therapist. I was really skeptical that he'd be able to help me out but I decided to give it a try. Within just 3 sessions over the course of 2 weeks, I opened my eyes to see the truth and finally admitted to myself that I'm a woman; that I'm a transsexual.

So you see, for me, medical and surgical intervention wasn't something I had to ponder or struggle with. At all. These things just came naturally to me. I never gave a second thought to them and simply did them because they felt like the right thing to do. I realize most people are not like me - I'm very weird!! But I hope by sharing a bit about my story you can better understand my perspective.

(BTW, I had additional FFS for the rest of my face a year ago - just 7 months after starting HRT. I am flying to Thailand for SRS in a few months from now. And I am going to get a BA next spring/summer)

Silver Member
    Oh yeah, forgot electrolysis. About 160 hours or so.
    Lea

if youve done electrolysis under your nose

...then you are TS... ouch
    I am real

Silver Member
    ... not to mention a bit INTO the nose. EEEYYOWWWW!
    Lea

And in the ears and around the eyebrows!!

In the ears? No experience in that area but damn that had to hurt
    Last edited by Megan G; 08-17-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Aspiring Member
    yeah....basically confirming i'm going to start laser this winter while the hair under (and in) my nose is still dark. my chin however...

I had my ears laser done. Still it did not get rid of all the hair. I am going to start electrolysis as I have a lot of white hair;. . But I am plucking the hair out of my ears and tried a few on my face also. Looks like that works. But that would take a long time. In the old days like in France they used to pluck the hair from their body.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Back to the original question...as much as it scares me to admit it, yeah I'm pretty sure I am. I'm going to force myself to be very slow in actualizing it, for a few reasons.

Your OP was very well said Nigella. There are many reasons that people don't have surgery. Money, health issues or even choice. As for myself health issues may be a barrier to vaginoplasty. I have discussed it with my cardiologist and others. I am borderline at best. I did have an orchiectomy in July does that make me less of a woman than someone someone who has had vaginoplasty? I guess some would argue yes but I disagree. Because with that logic I am more of a woman than someone that cannot afford an orchie. That's ridiculous.

It's in your brain. It's how you live. It's if you come out to the world and say this is who I am. In short you are the person that you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyOct View Post

It's in your brain. It's how you live. It's if you come out to the world and say this is who I am. In short you are the person that you say you are.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Those who would deny us this have a hidden agenda I can't understand.