Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishing to live in a CD Community.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

Wishing to live in a CD Community.

I know the topic has been probably brought up... but I just moved up to middle/east TN and we're living in a lake community. Since mother in law is out of town and kids are back in school, I thought, hey, we have a lot of privacy from the road and the neighboring properties, why not some Allison time? So, I sat at the dock in a khaki skort and V neck t shirt, just watching fish, when I hear a boat coming around the previously tranquil and quiet lake. That's my cue to go back to the house... and all I could think was how wonderful it would be if we had a CD community somewhere beautiful like this and didn't have to worry about John Q Redneck, Old Lady Knowitall, and Methhead Ferguson...

what a lovely thought Allison, that would be so wonderful.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Methboy won't be there for long so the only one to worry about is Old Lady Knowitall.
    John Q Redneck is not a problem.

Silver Member
    I understand your desire for a place we can be safe, but I respectfully disagree. I think it's better for us to learn about living in the real world, while at the same time teaching it a thing or two. Once word gets out in the real world there's a place for us to concentrate, there will be some who demand that we go there and leave the rest of them alone. Such places tend to be referred to as ghettos. It didn't work in the US where and when it was the practice, and it didn't work well in Europe in the 1940'store.

Suzanne is right about living in the real world - we need to be seen. And seen as regular people. However, I recall watching a short documentary about a community of crossdressers from the UK who meet up to camp (or caravan as they call it) together. Maybe it's a different way to help some people who can't be out to the world.

Here's some info. https://www.nowness.com/story/tim-ri...mpaign=yt40915
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

If you want to be seen, stay in the real world. If you don't want to be seen, maybe a crossdresser community works for you. Choice is good.
    I'd call it an enclave, not a ghetto.

I always thought that it would be nice to have such a community. I recently have also come to agree with Suzanne that it is a lot better to live in the real world and become a part of it. It would be boring to be all alike.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree with others here I don't care for segregation it was tried and well we know how that turned out.
    We are real people with real lives and we should not be hiding, that's what these folks who propose bathroom bills want
    for us to hide, no thank you

I hail from one of the most segregated cities in America.

How about less, not more, segregation?

That feeling, at least for a few days, can had by going to one of the conventions.
    It is is certainly not a "life", but it is a "moment.

- Suzie

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    There are a number of cities that have vibrant, healthy TG community. Baltimore , San Francisco, Soho NY, I believe Houston Texas has an over 55 TG community.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I think it would be nice to have something to that effect where crossdressers to go and meet up, kinda like here but irl
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Aspiring Member
    High heels on gravel and grass, kinda scary. 'Ghetto' has an unpleasant taste to it. If a small, separate village happens to embrace such a community, why not. Beautiful countryside.

Ineke

Perhaps an all inclusive resort, for and by TG's & CD's? Built near a friendly town or city, you could spend all your time at the resort, or takes trips to the city, with other girls. We could call it "Transy World"
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Come up to Massachusetts.

While we have a HUGE gay community up here, even *without* Provincetown, one could be all sparkles and sequins and you would not raise an eyebrow. At least within an hour's drive of Boston.

Tennessee? PTFTHP..

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I don't think we need a CD community to feel free and dress in public. I know a lot of us are afraid what could happen out there. I've been going out for many years many times and never had any issue.
    Just get some confidence and courage to do so, you'll love it.

What we need and it has been said many times before is total acceptance right across the spectrum of everybody outside of our community, if we had that we would not need a cd community but a holiday resort maybe in the Hawaiian islands, now that would be something to dream about.

Living in a world where everyone would appreciate everyone else for who they really are would be wonderful.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    For all you know, "John Q Redneck" could be a crossdresser himself. It's been said already but many major cities have sections where being "unusual" is accepted or even embraced. The problem is, your wife and children may not want to live in those parts of town.

It's best to just learn to live in the real world because you really have little choice.

I like your "Transy World" idea Jodie_Lynn. Kind of like the best of both worlds where you are able to choose what suits you best. I have often thought that a vacation to an all inclusive TG/CD resort would be nice. Next to a friendly town or city would definitely be a plus. Now, where is this paradise located?

I have often thought about this, I even suggested it once but not many responded. I grew up on a ranch that was close to two thousand acres roughly around two sections of of land. We had large cliffs, streams, and a lot of trees that even were probably there when the Apache Indians roamed and had encampments there. Before it was divided between me and siblings it would have been the perfect place for a CD get away. We could have called it "Dudeettes" dude ranch. It has a nice reek running thru it many bluffs of tall rocks and some beautiful photo opportunities for the CD and nature to blend.
    I dreamed that I could have a vacation type getaway, have horse back rides, ( side saddle of course for the real cowgirl in us) and even have barn dances and etc. I thought it could have been a money maker to have a weeks long of activities complete with makeovers, a dress shop, and even an old saloon/ club where we all could just hang out. The dream was shattered when the place was divided up and parts were sold off by siblings, oil companies yards and farming leases.
    I ended up with a nice little farm but nothing like the vision I had. Dreams are just that in our reality especially in West Texas. Now that I'm older and starting to slow down some I'm realizing I'll never be out and about dressed and the girl inside feelings of dressing is just a part of me that has to be hidden away to the confinements of my mind and own house. With my body I'd never pass so I hide and dabble with my lipstick pretending to be pretty while enjoying the feelings of the smooth nylons, heels and etc. inside my house John QRedneck leaves me alone. Sorry about the rambling and reminiscing.

What I would like is a place where you could dress and feel
    safe , accepted . Yet still be able to mix and mingle with the
    public in safety . Sort of a " fantasy Island " for CD ers

JAS

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    There already is an accepting community and place where you can be you it's called Las Vegas, at least I've found it so.
    Not only that it's right out your front door if you just go

I have not been there, but I have heard Provincetown MA is very accepting of all lifestyles.
    Hugs, Ellen

Other than our dressing thing, we often are not much different than anyone else, and we will have big disagreements, among CDers, too, on many things., Human nature.