Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women probably think we are mad

Aspiring Member

Women probably think we are mad

When I come home, I cast of my (mainly) male clothes, shower, then put on a bra, hose, heels and a dress, complete with jewellery including clip-on earrings. Women relish taking this stuff off on their return home. I spend most of my time in womenswear, and it is never any form of trousers - and I always wear a nightdress, never pyjamas. I own more skirts and dresses than most women and spend more time in them than most women. I avoid any form of loungewear or leggings. On the other hand I do not resort, as many women do, to shapewear - too restricting. Of the 168 hours in a week, I spend about 140 in some form of skirt, dress or nightdress - I wonder how many women could say that, or would want to.

I agree with your title as my wife just shakes her head some times at my dressing.

Yes, she wants to throw that stuff off and get into sweats when I'm running around in hose and heels.

However; to play devils advocate what do most men do if they have to dress up for the office. First thing when they come home is off with the coat and tie and into some comfortable slacks and a polo shirt?

I think part of it has to do with crossdressers being fascinated by the clothing and therefore wanting to wear it as much and often as possible.

Reality Check
    I'm assuming by "mad", you mean insane, not angry.

Yes, many women take off their dress clothes and put on something more casual, just like a man would if he went to work in a coat and tie. And if you are prancing around the house in heels and full makeup, I can see a woman thinking you are insane.

Personally, I have settled into a routine where I dress more casually but still not as casual as my wife for around the house. It works for me.

Yup, my wife has asked me, regarding her bra, "why would you ever WANT to wear one of these?" Which has led to all kinds of discussions of mental versus physical comfort etc...

Coming home on any given holiday, the first thing I do is take off the monkey suit and get confortable. The same can be said of the women in our lives. Changing from a suit to a skirt or dress might be our interpretation of what comfort means.

Yes...my wonderful accepting helpful wife's favorite comment for years is, with a smile and a head shake, "when you get home, you can't wait to put on, what I can't wait to take off". 😉. I love hose, heels, panties..always..am and pm, underwire bras, shapewear/pads, etc. I do appreciate her great sense of humor. 💁

I always get the" look at you , looking like a million dollars and then there is me. " I tell her that she needs no help to exceed a million and I need all the help I can get. I once got the "why pantyhose - it's summer" to which I reply it has nothing to do with the season, they feel great. I'm playing a part and want to be the best I can
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you have a womens clothes fetish Susan 54 and are stuck in the 1950's.
    I assume you are a closeted crossdresser?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-10-2017 at 03:26 PM.

During my married years, I also changed into something femme every evening but usually something more comfy. My wife didn't think me mad. In fact, if I didn't change, she would ask if something was wrong. If I did the hose, heels and a dress thing, I always did full makeup. When casual just light makeup, maybe shorts and a halter top for the girls. We both worked and it was time for us to relax and just be girlfriends for a few hours.

Well my wife doesn't think I'm mad but I don't really do the overdressed look either, however I'm pretty lazy so when I get home it's shower shave and into something girly and comfy like a low cut tee and shorts, or a cami top with a skirt, but my crossdressing has progressed from me freaking out about it while dressed for an hour or so every couple of days to everyday at home as I've become more accepting of it all, my wife says I seem happier now, but I don't remember being unhappy before she found out, but no she doesn't think I'm mad just happier.

Banned Read only
    It only seems like madness to them because they "have to" and we "want to".

I cannot imagine how that would feel, being single and without a SO or wife all my 63 years. I say to myself sometimes, though, why the heck am i doing this? I must be part insane, or all insane!

Funny about the bra comments, my wife says the same thing...and when I go to take it off she adds now you know how I feel...but the truth is that I find the feel and fit of women's clothing to be better then mens.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I just think the need for mental comfort trumps the need for physical comfort. However, I can tell you I find quite a bit of physical comfort in a stretchy bra, girly cotton top, cotton skirt with a wide soft elastic waistband and sandals. It's not really that difficult to find something that satisfies both the body and the spirit.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    My wife still thinks its weird that I like pantyhose and bras. She says they are too hot and uncomfortable. Never mind my preference for heels. I have a friend who laughs because I have more heel and dresses then she does. My sister use to never leave the house with out makeup, heel and stockings of some sort. I think she would still if she didn't have some health issues.
    Sara

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pantyhose and bras are the main thing I hate about dressing.
    Hot and uncomfortable in the summer and itchy in the winter.
    I think a lot of you ladies overdo the bra and panties makes you feel womanly thing.
    Seems like you are over compensating because you actually aren't women.
    I don't get it but if you do its all good.
    First thing I do when I get home is ditch the bra ASAP then the pantyhose soon after.

My wife always asks me why crossdressers prefer to wear dresses, skirts, heels, bras, hose, makeup etc.. She says that the majority of woman avoid these items unless they're getting dressed up for a special occasion. I tell her that its way more fun and feels more feminine than putting on just jeans or leggings and a top. I have also told her that many on the forum like to underdress when they have the opportunity. I enjoy this myself when I don't have time to do more. She just smiles and shakes her head.

Perhaps women do think we're mad, don't care. I love the feel and find it so comfortable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I suppose I am in the closet but I do go out dressed. It is not to feel like a woman,, because I don't. I like the feel of the clothes and putting a nice outfit together. No wig or makeup at home except occasional lipstick. The slip and the sheer tights are not a 1950s fetish - I wear them because I like the sensation. If I was truly fixated on the 1950s I would wear stockings and a roll on. I know a lot of women hate tights but not all do. I am just struck by how most women avoid wearing stuff like this when they can and we do the opposite. I am repeatedly amazed by the number of women wearing trousers on very hot days. I recall being in a hot meeting room all morning in trousers and then changing into a skirt (with bare legs this time) and the improvement in comfort was massive. When I go out I don't dress to blend in I dress to impress and the feedback is wonderful. I know not all of us take this approach, let alone all women, but I grew up with a mother who really knew what she was doing with clothes and this has obviously had an impact on me. I realise I also emulate her poise. Any Freudians reading this can take a hike!

Really, naw, they don't think we are crazy. But yes we do overdress and when I dress up to out. MY SO does also. But nightwear in he summer, nope but winter yes. It is august here and the heat is over 100 degrees and heat index for tomorrow for instance is 109 degrees. So no sleepwear is ever required in the summer here. It is hard enough just to keep the temperature down. SO we sleep in the nude mostly.
    Part Time Girl

Normally I would agree with you on this but after 13 hours I am now happy to be taking them off. So I guess it is all about prospective and how long you have had them on.

Changing to feminine clothes may or may not bring physical comfort but does make me feel authentic.

Reality Check
    The reason I wear a bra is not for comfort, but to hold my breast forms in place. Practical, that's all. If I had actual breasts I might leave the bra off when relaxing.

Panties and butt/hip enhancer, same idea. I have trouble feeling like a woman with my penis flopping around between my legs. If I didn't have it, I might leave that off when relaxing.

Wig - without the wig, I'm a man in a dress. I could probably grow my hair out but I have reasons not to.

Gold Member
    When my wife and I came home from work, she would ask me to un-do her bra;
    And in return she would fasten my bra.
    After all, some one has to wear a bra in the house.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    LOL Rader, my wife and I often do that. My wife has actually said more than once, "At least one of us should be wearing a bra." And even used it against me, One morning she mentioned she would like to go out to get coffee and a bagel. Then sighed and said "But then I would have to put on a bra. You are already wearing a bra, so you can go".