Thread: Another step forward

Another step forward

Hi Everyone,

First let me apologize if I'm over-posting about the continuing saga of my path to acceptance with my wife. I promise I'll stop soon.

That being said last night after a therapy session my wife and I were out looking for good walking / hiking shoes for an upcoming trip. Long story short - later that night, with my wife right there with me, I bought a pair of taupe, pointed toe, mid heel pumps. Her only comments were that they seemed kind of conservative - like something she would wear to work. She had never shopped for / with me for femme things before so for me this was a big step forward.

It was kind of funny, it occurred to me only after leaving the store that the song that was being piped in during my purchase was Shania Twain's "Man I feel like a woman"

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,
    I don't have a problem with your postings. It's a proud day when you're accepted by the one person that means the most to you. Some here may never have that , some have always had it.
    Many are like you, In the middle. Congrats and enjoy the heels 👠!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

First congrats on your acceptance second on tour new heels. Second post away, thats what the forum is here for. Third its men's shirt shirt skirts nothing about high heels LOL.

Hey you go girl . Enjoy wearing your new heels. Kay

Congratuations on the step forward. Enjoy it! Be on guard for step backs however.
    Let me explain what happened so you can be alert for signs.
    My wife took me on big shopping spree and suggested I try on clothes in the dressing room (while in drab) and even made it to seeing my pictures-at her request. That may have been too much as she has since gone back to DADT / silent treatment / housemate status. I think she hoped I would be a 'man in a dress' - what she imagines a crossdresser to look like and might be able to handle. But looking too good and feminine, made it too far for her current acceptance. She says "it is not the crossdressing" but I think to her that means only a man putting on women's clothes. It is not makeup, wigs, polish, movement and mannerisms. No visible changes like shaving face or legs. In other words, she can accept the lumberjack who likes to put on women's clothing (but not hang around in bars). She can't accept me being pretty. My happiness comes from being pretty and I work to try being pretty in many looks. I consider my changes not permanent.
    Hugs, Ellen

Congratulations Elizabeth, every step, little or big, upward is significant. I think this was a huge step forward. Go slowly. Bet you couldn't wait to wear them. I know...I can't. The last pair of heels I bought, I put them on in the car. Please don't stop posting. I, for one, enjoy reading posts of positive experiences. I, too, smile when I hear Shania sing our song. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Hi Elizabeth,
    Never apologise for posting about great progress! It's very inspiring for those of us who are newer here and still have a long way to go. It's wonderful that your wife is so supportive.

That song is always in my mind when i wanna dress
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Elizabeth, thanks for your courage to share your life with us. I am sure that something you post will help another in some way. I think that it is awesome that your SO was there and participated in your purchase. Hopefully it will lead to more acceptance.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Great, Elizabeth! Sounds like some progress on the journey! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for sharing - you have a great wife

Hi Elizabeth, please don't apologise for posting your on going story, not only is it very interesting but very helpful to many too. Great to read that things are going really well with your mrs and I look forward to hearing about your next step.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Elizabeth, congratulations on the step forward regarding your wife. Question, did you inquire with your wife about the music or was that a bridge too far?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all of the encouragement and advice. It's all very much appreciated.

Hi Jamie - yes, I did comment on the song and my wife took it well.

Thanks again,
    Elizabeth

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Shopping for femme clothing with my wife has always been such an amazing, supportive experience. Glad to know it was for you too!
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

I enjoy the story of your journey. It is enjoyable to read how others are doing. I always loved that song even in man mode it gives me a reason to go to girl mode 🚺. Congrats and looking forward to more successes for you.

great news Elizabeth and the shoes frosting on the cake hun.
    Angie

"You are a woman!"

If it makes me alone happy to hear things are going well for you ( obviously not so! ), click those Taupe heels together and type away!

A Happy Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I love shopping for female clothes with my wife. I am still a rookie when it comes to marathon shopping. Sharing a common desire is a great thing. Having my wife be part of my dressing desires has been the best thing ever.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.