Thread: Bra Sales Assistant

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar

Bra Sales Assistant

So I was browsing bras and I noticed that the manufactures fit their models perfectly, whereas the photos of regular women wearing bras the fit of the majority of them are, most of the time, too small, and sometimes a full 2-cup sizes too small.
    So I decided if I won the LOTTO or came across some real money I’d open up a lingerie shop.
    Maybe I wouldn’t be out front all of the time, but it sure be fun, I think.
    So, how many of you ever had the inclination to work-in or own a lingerie store?

Aspiring Member
    I don't know about a lingerie store, but I have contemplated a plus size clothing store. I would have to make sure everything was up to my standards. But I would definitely carry wide shoes and some lingerie.
    Sara

So let me get this straight. Because the vast majority of women are wearing their bras wrong. Wrong cup size. Wrong band size. Wrong shape. Tonofter. Not washing properly. Never getting measured. There bra is worn out. The bands aren't loose or right enough.

You think it would be a great idea to open a lingerie shop? Exactly how would you and your store change his dynamic? Women find a bra. Wear it till it breaks then go get another the same size and shape. Never getting measured.

Everyone should get measured at least once year. Why? Add weight. Loose weight. Workout. Swelling during menstration or not. There are many many reasons. Women and most ladies on this site. Never get measured.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Natasha has a good point. Besides unless you were to also transition and keep it a secret, I doubt you would get much business. GG's are already a little weird about their lingerie. Getting them to buy from or even listen to a CD or T selling lingerie will be a monumental task to say the least.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-10-2017 at 11:38 PM.

There was a store here in town that catered to the TG CD client...it closed because there wasn't enough business to carry it. I think that the internet has had an effect...I can shop at home and don't have to worry about getting caught. And most people don't understand the importance of getting fitted. And getting the right bra for forms or a breast plate or moobs. Maybe I am just ocd about clothes and lingerie fitting well.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I compiled enough information from the web to feel comfortable doing my own bra fitting. In the past two years four different SA's have done a bra fitting on me and each one was identical to the one I did myself. Each fitting took all of about two minutes. Now, finding the right bra, that could take a lifetime.

As far as working in a lingerie shop, if the store were sufficiently large, I would go broke without a substantial employee discount.

If you ever open your shop, Cheryl, remember that you need to actually SELL a few of them too. They're not all for you. 😀

Gold Member
    When I was working (Carpenter) I built a Jean Nicole store; Lots of lingerie.
    But at last, I was not allowed there after it opened.
    Rader

If I owned a lingerie shop, I'd never make a sale, too busy trying things on myself.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

If you were around it all day long eventually it would just become a commodity. Unless something new and super sexy came in.

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    So I was browsing bras and I noticed that the manufactures fit their models perfectly, whereas the photos of regular women wearing bras the fit of the majority of them are, most of the time, too small, and sometimes a full 2-cup sizes too small.
    This came up in discussion one quiet night in the e.r.. One woman was frequently grabbing her bra straps trying desperately to get comfortable. All I said, was "You okay?" Then she volunteered that she was wearing a new bra, and while it fit fine in the store, after a while it was extremely uncomfortable. Then the rest of the women chimed in and had a discussion about bras. They're accustomed to having a couple of men around, and didn't seem to care who heard what. And sizing came up. And it's apparently more of an art than a science. While you can measure all you want, you can have two women with exactly the same measurements, and having two completely differently shaped breasts. So. What's the point? Seems you can't just go by size. The only way to find out if it's comfortable, is to wear it for a period of time. Just trying it on is no guarantee that it will still feel good 18 hours later, or, at a different point in her cycle.

To understand it better, it's the same with men's underwear. We all had our favorite brand growing up. Hanes, BVD, Jockey, Fruit of the Loom, Calvin Klein, etc., they all fit just a bit differently, and even if you wore a medium in one brand, you might wear a large in another. And, as you keep washing your clothes, they tend to shrink a bit as well.

But if you want to open your own lingerie shop? Well, I'm sure you'll be your own best customer. I know I would.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes I dream about working or fantizes about working in a VS store just so many bras I really enjoy the feel of wearing a bra

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    In my younger days, I would visit my favorite store in the city and admire all of the bras and foundations in the two spectacular display windows at the entrance. During a few times venturing inside for more perusing I notices that the professional fitter was a man in his 50's or 60's. Very professional and always busy with the Saturday morning rush of clientele. This was back in the early 70's. I always thought it would be fun to be a stock boy. When we first started dating, my future ex wife worked in a Parklane hosiery store. I would always gladly help out with inventory. That was great fun. And, in both experiences, it was just intoxicating to be immersed in such a feminine environment.

dornesf_Image.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!