Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30s

30s

Since hitting my 30s my urge to dress has exploded and I don't feel right unless I am in a skirt at least once a day . Has anyone else experienced this spike in the urge to be femine at this age ???

It was like she 32 for me. That's when I went all out with male up wig and had to have more shoes and clothes. also had to get out of the house too. I bought so much stuff that year and the next 3 or 4. I was 34 when I started to tell friends and family it slumped off for a few years now I feel the need more then even then at 46.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Age really doesn't have anything to do with your urge to dress.

Quite the opposite actually. When I turned 30 the urge decreased but it came back a few years later. It had nothing to do with age though.

Gold Member
    My availability to dress a lot more came when I hit 60; That is when I retired.
    Go for it, you will much more time dressing than I did.
    Radeer

I hit the big fog, in my early 50's, but i can go days without any dressing, too, now in my 60's. Too many car repairs, and other things need my guy side.

Silver Member
    It's not about any physiological effects of aging. But as we mature, our perspectives change and the opinion of others begins to matter less than our own emotional well being. Remember, the human brain is now thought to be not fully mature until age 25-26, so we're not really fully adult until we reach 30.

Banned Read only
    My desire to dress has remained constant over he years. How often I dressed throughout the years has had more to do with circumstances than age.

EDIT: Thinking about this over night, I also probably more dressed far more in my 30's compared to my 20's, but again it was more circumstance.

As by my 30's I was established financially, bought a house, and came out to my wife.

That's a lot more resources, opportunity, and acceptance than I had in my 20's.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-11-2017 at 08:39 AM.

I am 30 soon and the urge spiked Last year, I feel it was more circumstantial though for me.

My crossdressing didn't hit the next level until I got laid off. Now I have summers off in my new career and the rest is history. So yes I was in my mid 30s when I spiked, but that was a conversion from partial crossdressing to total immersion not in opportunities.

no not personally but people tend to start to accept who they are more as people when they hit their thirties. so maybe it's to do with that, i mean since being in my thirties i care less about being read and cared less what people think.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Actually my urge to crossdress lessened drastically when I hit the 30 mark. I started crossdressing in my mid 20's and felt the need to do crossdressing in some sort of way every day. I had my friend and his girlfriend as roommates during this heavy urge to crossdress period. They were not aware of my crossdressing during that time as I kept it within my bedroom or got crossdressed at a ts friend's place. Once my friend moved out of my house I had virtually no restrictions on when and where I crossdress. I'd say after the first month of the freedom, the urge to crossdress wained down dramatically. It had become to the point where I only crossdressed to go out to socialize (almost every weekend) and very rarely crossdressed in anyway to relax at home. Crossdressing every weekend twindled down to crossdressing for the monthly crossdressing meetings and one or two other socializing events per month. I was probably 31 or 32 at that point. Now days I crossdress for planned events or things that may be fun to crossdress for and the rare "I feel like crossdressing today" moments.

I don't think it's necessarily an age thing either, but I do think it's a circumstance and stage of life type of thing that brings desires to the forefront. I think as some other folks have mentioned, starting to accept yourself and being more comfortable with who you are probably has something to do with the increased need.

I've actually thought it interesting too that there seem to be fewer 30-something people on this board versus other age groups. Probably something to do with life stuff (getting married, having kids, etc.)

I did but that was way before the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I'm 66 and like you I feel strong urge before going to work to dress (bra, pantie hose, knickers, bra forms, then either dress or skirt and top).
    SO is normally asleep, but throw on a robe to cover up if she awakens).

I had the opposite effect for most of my 30's. Zero dressing for almost the entire decade. When the high stress level hit me at 39(?) that let the genie out of the closet, and I was back in, all dressed up once again after a ten year hiatus.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I dressed in my teens and twenties stopped in my 30's started again in my 40's.I didn't seem to have the urge in my 30's.

Oh yes, I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. At around age 34 or so I got tired of hiding from my desire to dress. I finally realized that it was a part of me that I had to express. In my teens and 20s I hated myself for having these desires. In my 30s I came to accept it. The really sad part is that I could have looked really, really good when I was younger!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Like you, my urge to dress increased in 30's. Actually, I started crossdressing just before 30.
    For me there are two good reasons.
    One reason is that crossdresing is relatively new for me, so in one way it's the attraction of novelty. Furthermore, you always progress faster at the beginning.
    But the main reason it's surely that hitting 30's i am more mature. I put things into perspective and , after so many years of repressing myself, I finally accepted myself and came to the conclusion that:
    1/ crossdressing does not make me a bad person,
    2/ it's not others' peoples' business,
    3/ life is short and you have to do what make you happy.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Agreed with Karine. I started at age 39.

I thought about it when I was younger, but I was way too concerned with what people thought. And I was busy with a crazy social life and travel, so there were a lot of distractions. I think that many of us come to embrace this side in middle age, as we finally become comfortable with who we really are.

I was full Pink-Fog from 8 thru 22 and then for about 7 years into my marriage (in the closet) then dressing stopped for close to 20 years. Well year and a half ago the urge to dress came back, the Pink-Fog hit big time so I told my wife and she short me down..... I haven't dresses since then, now 5 months. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

The 30s? Sorry, can't remember that far back.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I peaked at eighteen with a lot of support from my girlfriends.

We were a great group.

All housemates.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh indeed in my 30's I was just starting to figure myself out. Yet at that time it wasn't a good time to be out and about. That was 36 years ago for me. So I was a closet dresser. Today is far better than back then.
    Part Time Girl

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    The pink fog waited till my late 40's before it hit big time. Well, big time for me anyway.
    Hugs
    Samantha