Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A thought about getting pierced ears

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

A thought about getting pierced ears

I've been wanting to get my ears pierced for as long as I can remember but, the stigma of the initial presentation has always been an obstacle. So, having pondered on this one forever, it finally hit me. Now I know a lot of you will tell me, "Just do it and never mind what people think." But, I gotta handle this my way. And, I really don't want to show up at work with my ears pierced just out of the blue. So here's my scheme. Well, maybe. I'm going to just let my normally clean shaven look give way to full facial hair. The works. And then maybe when I get the whole macho look going, that's when I'll get the ears pierced. That old guy biker look is quite the acceptable male image. And then as spring time approaches (you know, temps over 100 degrees) I'll just shave close again. Sound like a plan??

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes it would work but REALLY. I had mine done a couple years ago. Again yes what you outline will totally work. Once spring is here, your ears will be healed and you will not have to wear them during the day. I had like 3mm round silver starter studs put in. They went with my short gray hair at the time. I had them done on a Friday after work so I would have the weekend to get use to them.

Carla, your plan sounds quite sound and the logic is perfect. Personally I would have a hard time going back to that full hairy face. My plan is to get them done right as I retire. Sort of a rite of passage. I think people will think of it as a later in life mid life crisis.

No!

Don't Do it!

I have never seen any beauty in ear rings!, and on you I don't think so!

Your call but it's a no earrings from Me!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Carla,Yes it sounds good and I had mine done a couple years ago.. I wear smaller hoops and have never had comments on them. Many males do their ears now and generally wear big looking CZ earrings. I guess to make a statement. I had my ears laser-ed and I stil have a few hairs I am plucking out. Hate hair on my ears LOL.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    Well, I guess it is a plan. Of course I just did them one day, but that's me. You can opt for just the goatee and 'stache if you want. That is suitably macho and biker-esque, and not as hot. Don't do duck dynasty, and especially the neck beard.

But for this plan to work, I'm thinking it's a 6 month minimum commitment, if not a year. Two months to get the beard respectable, two month wait, two months with the earing (minimum!). What happens next? Shave and leave the earings? Take both out and wear the earings away from work? Let them grow over?

Can you not dress for 6-9 months while you do this? Is being the man in a dress look acceptable to you?

Think it through.

You don't have to do the full beard, go Fu Manchu or an alternate Biker-acceptable style.

I wear clip on's occasionally. I personally would have a very hard time going back to the bearded look. I shaved the beard and stache in Jan after being bearded for 25+ years. That said I advise you to go for it!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Why the charade? Just do it, it is totally acceptable for a man to wear earrings.

Just do a fu man chu and that is easier to maintain and looks like a biker.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would you want to look like a biker?
    I used to be one for real and they smell terrible.
    I suppose that plan or lie would work.
    After you get it done you are going to wonder why did I go thru all that BS trying to cover up wanting them done?

Oh and just for the record most gay men I know have gotees, soul patches and beards so you are going to look gay anyway LOLOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-13-2017 at 01:39 PM.

I guess it would work. Seams lime a long way around as it is pretty normal for guys to have pierced ears these days. I had mine pierced 25 years ago but don't always wear earinga, when I do I normally get oh you got your ears pierced. when I say yes over 20 years ago they might sayoh never seen you wear earinga before. but thats about all.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I love my earrings but having pierced ears doesn't really bother me . I've never looked on it as a credential for CDers, the only reason I might be tempted to having them done is because clippons can be knocked of too easily and lost .

Your plan would be a none starter for me, I just couldn't do facial hair, I hate missing a day not shaving .

If that works for you then great, but to be honest, I think it will have the opposite effect. The more dramatic changes you make in a short time, the more likely people are to wonder "what's up with him?" Just do it, get some simple studs, and let it go at that. To me, your plan sounds like waving Pom poms around so nobody notices your cheerleading outfit. :P

Carla THE PLAN will probably work and you have to get there in your own way. I just had mine pierced this past Wednesday and I work for a large construction company, not one bit of kidding took place and the girls in the office loved it.

Carla, I just got mine pierced 2 weeks ago! My daughter said I looked like an older rock star(maybe like Sting?). At work, one person asked and I said it was on my bucket list! No more said! I just love them and am pretty sure you will also! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Bucket list is a good idea! My Birthday was early in December and I got mine done in mid January. Two people asked me why and I told them it was something I always wanted to do when I turned 50. And they responed that took a long time. Yeah, it was a few years. The people I thought that would give me a hard time never said a word!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I like Genny B's plan.

At work I would easily get away with saying it's a long overdue mid-life crisis. I really wanted to do it when I was in college but I was afraid of what people would say. Now that I'm older, I don't care what they say.

However, the big sticking point would be with my wife. Whatever I said, she would know it was about the crossdressing. I'm not sure how my adult daughter would react because she doesn't even know that I'm a crossdresser.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Carla, it's a different world from years ago. People adorn themselves with all sorts of Tattoos. Nobody cares! Just do it. You'll have a couple people say something. Just smile and say, "Glad you like them". You'll love having them and changing them out. Right now, I wear studs in guy mode, but am going to wear rings. I,love big hoops as Joyce!

I would like to wear pierced earrings but even at age of 71 I don't think I can do it. My daughters know I crossdress but it's DADT. They would know right away why i pierced my ears. I still substitute teach a couple of days a week. I don't know how the administration or the kids would take it.

The plan will probably work, but you still might get a question or two, so you'll still need an answer. Might... get a question or two... That's all you're going to get either way. Why bother with the masquerade?

Why bother with piercings. Get magnetic backing, and some rare earth magnets. Double up on the magnets on the backs of your ears, and they hold quite well. For hoops, they make nice spring held hoops of all sizes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am a lawyer. I am 54. I got both of mine pierced in February. I wore earrings (jeweled studs) to court. I still do every day. No one has said a thing. Just get your ears pierced and don't worry about it.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

do it! you can wear different earrings/studs depending on your gender presentation. women arent the only people with pierced ears..

Yes I think it is a plan...
    A bit long and convoluted but if it pits you at ease why not.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.