Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A thought about getting pierced ears

Long way for a short cut?.?. If this is how you need to move forward so be it....

Oh Carla, I know you said you have to do it your way, but I think you should just go for it. My wife knows about Karyn, and I told her this past December I wanted to get my ears pierced. She said go for it, and I did. I had taken a day off and she and I went to a local mall and into Claire's Boutique. I got them pierced. I am a campus safety officer at a public junior high school and when I got to work the next day the office ladies thought it was pretty cool and all the kids complemented me, and thought it was really cool too. I only wear posts at work, but have several sets of dangly, girlie, pretty, earrings. I love them when I dress, and love the look when I am wearing my wig. I am truly a girl, and would not have it any other way, except to add a couple of things and remove one other thing. Yea, you go girl, and don't hesitate. You'll love it.

Reality Check
    You are overthinking this. You don't need to pretend to be a "biker" for a few months to pierce your ears.

Get it done and deal with the people. Most won't say anything. Tell people they are not earrings, they are cell phone antennas and they work great. That should send them away.

Or, make up a story about getting drunk and losing a bet.

It's really none of their business and you can tell them that if you think that's the best answer.

Carla,
    I do not know what type of industry you are in and I completely understand the concerns of what people will say. I go to a very conservative church and everyone is opinionated, that was my worst concern over even work.
    My Son In Law made a big deal and a few other people but in general not a lot. I have taken the earrings out for church and then put them right back in. DON't Do that until they are healed.
    I will not say jst do it. That is up to you and it took me years to get mine done. I still have a few people that don't understand, and that is ok. Most do not care.

Good luck with your decision and no matter what HAVE FUN...

Hiedi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Do not grow a beard. Many guys now have both ears pierced. Just wear small studs during the week.

I have been thinking of doing it and last week my SO suggested when i retire next month i get an ear pierced. I think she was thinking of one left era, but i ma thinking of both. We will have to see which way it goes. I am not sure exactly why she suggested this, we have a quiet DADT relationship going on and she knows I have 75 dresses. Time will tell and i will let you know later. I love dangley earrings though.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Do what feels right for you Carla. I had mine done and had no fallout over it hun.
    Angie

Reality Check
    My wife and I went to the Piercing Pagoda because she has an allergic reaction to most earrings. She got a pair of titanium studs and that seems to have solved the problem.

The lady also gave her some thin plastic tubes (sleeves). These go in the ear holes and standard earrings can be used in them. Possibly you could have your ears pierced and then replace the studs with the plastic sleeves for the healing period. This is something you would want to ask the people at the piercing place about.

Still, my advice is to get it done and "own" it.

Everyone has to do whatever way they feel comfortable with when it comes to getting their ears pierced so there is no simple answer. In my case I got both ears pierced and there was no fallout at work or in other social circles. Soon after that, I had both ears pierced a second time.

I got mine pierced last weekend. Been hesitant about it for years. After I got them done, no one I know has said anything negative about it.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I would LOVE to have pierced ears. But my SO prefers not, and she comes first. And it isn't much on her part to ask that of me anyway. Marriage is a compromise and she certainly has done what to her is a compromise over CDing.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, it sounds like Bucket List and Just Get It Done are the clear winners. The real stumble will be the wifey reaction. Evidently DADT means nothing that even hints at femininity.
    Although, I was swimming in the pool all weekend wearing cute little tight pink striped panties!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    Carla, the "wifey" thing adds another wrinkle to the situation. Why don't you wait until you see another male wearing earrings (like your waiter at a restaurant) and point ou7t his earrings. Then, depending on her reaction, you can say "I think I'll get my ears pierced like his."

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    This issue has be discussed ad-nauseam..
    Males with earnings in this day and age is a none issue and even hyper masculine males now have pierced ears.

Personally, I wear just 3mm CZ studs when in male mode.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    The most relevant part of this thread is your wife's disapproval. It's about how she feels. If she feels you will look too feminine, that's all that matters. No amount of logic can change that.
    It seems she is not ready for you to take such a big outward step. Tread lightly. Keep her involved in these kinds of decisions. You need to evaluate what compromises are right for you and perhaps not acceptable before the future is lost.

I had my left pierced 2x in the 80's cause I was cool and many. I just did my right today. At the bathroom sink. very little if any blood. a little pain, but not much really. I am waiting for my wife and daughter to see it tomorrow. I think it looks cute with my short champion booty shorts and my little racer back tank......

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    The most relevant part of this thread is your wife's disapproval. It's about how she feels. If she feels you will look too feminine, that's all that matters. No amount of logic can change that.
    It seems she is not ready for you to take such a big outward step. Tread lightly. Keep her involved in these kinds of decisions. You need to evaluate what compromises are right for you and perhaps not acceptable before the future is lost.
    Yep! You hit it right on the head.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    ...To me, your plan sounds like waving Pom poms around so nobody notices your cheerleading outfit. :P
    Yep! 100% agree. I got mine done nearly 2 years back now, aged 55 with titanium ball studs and not a word said.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I grew up in an era (80's) where most young lads had their ears pierced, me included, fortunately they never ever closed up and I take full advantage of that.

You do get very discrete plastic studs, try them.

I have been considering it for the past couple weeks now. I am not sure if I want to go that route yet. I do have several lovely pairs of clip on earrings that my GF has gotten me that I do wear when dressed.

Reality Check
    Once you get your ears pierced and get past the healing stage, you will wish you had done it years ago. The earrings don't hurt your ears and there's much less chance of them falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Once you get your ears pierced and get past the healing stage, you will wish you had done it years ago. The earrings don't hurt your ears and there's much less chance of them falling off.
    my issue is not the pain ( I had my ear pierced as a teenager a long time ago) it is more the reaction of my family (especially my father and brother) and the people I work with

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Go for it, I think it is good plan. A few weeks of bristles is a small price worth paying.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW...

People usually have more respect for those who are individuals.....those who have a mind of their own .

Whose ears are they..... yours or someone else's?

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, Please don't do like me and wait till you are 72 to pierce your ears,

I can't believe that I wasted so many years wearing clip-ons......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!