Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A thought about getting pierced ears

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I stand by my other more relevant comment. Fwiw, wore clip on earrings once or twice. Extremely annoying. Did not wear them again for about 3 years till I pierced my ears. That was a long time ago. Very few comments. Well worth it, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

like Nike says = JUST do it ,, nobody cares and you will love it

Yes, for many of us there are two dynamics involved. The world we live and work in and the world that involves our wives. At this point in my life, I couldn't give a rats behind about the first, but my wife's world is different. The wife radar is always on the lookout for signs that I am sliding into feminity and raises objections. It's not like I could just spread a little bondo in there and cover it up either.

New, 'member?
    I agree that the plan may end up seeming a bit contrived, but IMO, the worst parts about the plan won't turn out as bad as some are suggesting. Funny comment about waiving your pompoms to distract from the cheerleader outfit. I LOL'd. I only got one ear pierced 17 years ago and abandoned it 16 years ago. Nowadays, I'd go two or none, so looking to do the other one soon. There are some very good looking man-mode earrings that a lot of regular dudes would get their ears pierced in order to wear them. Not just diamonds, but stuff for under 100 bucks. I seen several that match at least one pair of my cuff links. I think peeps at work would just be jealous cuz they're gonna look good!!!

Thank you Pauline. I just checked your Flickr vid. My wife has been pestering me to get my ears done. I think I am afraid that I will like it too much and want multiple piercings in each ear.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you for all of the positive comments on getting pierced ears. Going to get mine done next week.
    Only fear is that this will lead to getting multiple piercings in both ears.

Silver Member
    Carla,
    For a moment you had me nervous at
    "So here's my scheme. Well, maybe. I'm going to..." I thought she isn't going to say "tell people I lost a bet! JK of course.
    We all have to manage these things in a way WE personally feel comfortable with. My fear of trying your plan is that my wife would love for me to grow my beard again but I have told her I think a grey beard will age me, I can't risk her not agreeing.

I got mine pierced last December, and am so glad I did. I love wearing dangly, feminine earrings, but there are masculine earrings if the need arises. Get'em pierced, you will be glad you did. I don't get many comments, but the ones who do are mostly female, and they are all positive. Should have done this years ago.

Karyn