Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Who knows?

I know that some of y'all are just totally out. And, that is certainly where I want to be someday. As I approach retirement, I've been less concerned about who knows about my gender play but, it's still not for common knowledge.
    The list is like this:
    -All of you
    -About four of y'all know the male me
    -Wife
    -No family members except daughter
    -Ex wife and whoever she blabbed it to
    -One ex girlfriend and two divorce attorneys (and whoever they blabbed to)
    -Possibly a neighbor or two
    -One trusted friend at work
    -Two psychotherapists
    -One local makeup artist
    -Half a dozen online friends

I have a BFF who's head would spin right off if he knew. But, I'm sure he'd glue it back on.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

There comes a time babe when it no longer matters!

The World needs beautiful people such as you!

Who Knows? Who Cares!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Im one of those that are totally out. Just a little curious, how do see your self living when you are completely out. Would you dress all the time, part of the time, or mixed, like a GG, comfy close clothes most of the time, dressing up just to go out.

I am not out. My list consists of my spouse (not very accepting) and a handful of therapists.

I'm approaching retirement as well Carla and I care less and less every day about who knows. My wife on the other hand finds the whole thing quite embarrassing i.e. Like what woman would stay with a guy like that. So I reign it all in for her sake. The only others that know are 2 or 3 therapists I have seen over the years.

Now that my kids are grown, and I also see retirement in a few years, I've also become more open.
    Who Knows:
    The church I attend
    A couple of coworkers (and families)
    Some friends
    My accountant
    No family yet (wife knew and I think my kids may suspect)
    and the circle keeps growing

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I am not out. My list consists of my spouse (not very accepting) and a handful of therapists.
    And several thousand of us, don't forget.

That's actually a lot of people Carla, given that the unknowns could easily equal the knowns.

One compensation of growing older is that for many - though not all - it means starting to care a bit less what other people think of us.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Platinum Member
    A list similar to yours, including two x's, two therapists, various family and friends and a few business associates.

I am semi retired and the list grows. I let my hair grow and have earrings and am pretty girly and feminine and no problems even in male workout clothes.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I can't believe how quickly my list has broadened in the last 18 months, going out socially was the big turning point, not only meeting other CDers and their partners and so many of the public especially now that our hotel is bigger and busier . Half my painting class know, many SAs know and they are too many to mention. Obviously my GP knows because of my counselling referrals . Naturally my wife and children now know as do their married partners.

My World is about to expand even more when my house is sold and I move into my new home without my wife. So far it's proving to be an agreeable time leading up to our separation , my wife also has her new home chosen the children appear to be OK about it .

My BFF is OK about my CDing in fact he's already asked if he can call in on me knowing I intend to dress most of the time .

Teresa didn't exist until I joined this forum, in a few months she will be the major part of my life .

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Glue will fix most everything!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm all for the more beautiful people in the world concept and so what, who cares be you and have no regrets.

My son and daughter and my sister in law have all seen pictures! My daughter has actually seen me dressed by accident! The wonderful ladies at my transformation and the ladies at the MAC counter! That is all that know for sure! Many have seen my finger nails polished! Not sure about all of those! Those at work are probably wondering but are not sure! My BFF in PA has no idea but need to tell him before he drives all the way down here! Otherwise I just live my life nail polish and all! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    My ex wife knew, that is why we split up. I am not sure if my son or daughter ever knew,
    the judge said that the reasons why where to be kept a secrete.
    My new wife knew, and was OK with it; My step daughter and step son does not know;
    and I do not want them to know; unsure how they would take it.
    So it is just all my fellow friends here, and 2 or 3 that I have meet at a meat and greet
    some time ago.
    SO I am still in my closet all alone, and that's OK
    HUGS
    Rader

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's probably time for me to do a list since I haven't even thought about how far this has gone in a while.
    This is a list of everyone who has seen me in both modes.

My late wife.
    my daughter and one of my 3 sons. The other two have seen photos
    my sister-in-law
    my middle son's best friend
    a great-nephew
    About 200 others who have gone to DLV when I've been there
    The 30 or 40 members who have been in my local support group over the years
    my counselor
    the director of a museum in las vegas
    a former co-worker who came out to me as lesbian and now works at the local Pride Center
    the women who work at my favorite local wig shop, about 6 in total
    anyone who has gone through any of the last 3 Crossdressers.com photo thread that compares our male and female photos
    several people on the staff of a hotel I stay at
    several members of the now disbanded Las Vegas Tri-Ess chapter and their spouses

Who knows in addition to that group?
    The spouses of my children
    at least 1 of their ex-spouses and probably her brother
    at least 1 nephew and his wife, possibly one or two other nieces but I haven't asked
    probably 4-8 of my 16 grandkids, but I haven't checked to find out. I'm not outting myself to them intentionally for the time being, but at least one of the older girls knows my name but has never mentioned anything to me. Maybe some of their friends, now that I think of it.
    people who know and may have shared this part of my life with others but without letting me know.
    Maybe a neighbor or two, I don't know and really don't care.

So lots of people it seems. The list of who doesn't know is a little more telling and more important in some ways. Once some of these people know I'll have little to hold me back from dressing whenever I want without fear of letting the little secret slip out and upset the status quo, complete with it's associated anxiety.

My oldest friends who know I love going to Las Vegas but don't know why. These folks and their spouses will be told eventually, but when is the question.
    My brother-in-law who is very aggressively anti-LGBTQ and can be violent, but thinks that I'm family and a dependable guy. (There will be some serious cognitive dissonance if/when he finds out.)
    The rest of the relatives, all aunts/uncles/cousins and my late brother's family. Some of them would great me with a hug and others would probably just as soon run me off the road.
    I spent a career as a civilian working as planner/researcher in law enforcement, only the one co-worker mentioned above knows. I'm not excited about sharing this with them but I there is a F2M former officer who gets a lot of moral support from the gang on facebook. They may just shrug their shoulders and chuckle to themselves noting they've seen it all anyway.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It's a short list for Danielle:
    My wife has seen Danielle in person
    Our 2 dogs (both gone now) and our current cat. They all seemed to be very accepting and non judgemental
    No other family members know or suspect
    All of the members on the forum
    A couple of close friends from this forum who Danielle has confided a lot to through email

Carla

My list is very similar to yours:

-All of you
    -Wife, but no other family (or extended family) members
    -No family members except daughter
    -Ex wife and whoever she blabbed it to
    -Four psychotherapists
    -About half a dozen doctors have seen me a little femme (usually just nail polish)
    -A bunch of GGs at my yoga class have seen me a little femme
    -A few yoga students who still remember my "Hooter Girl" costume that I wore to yoga class one Halloween
    -A few local makeup artists
    -A few makeup artists doing transformations
    -Half a dozen online friends
    -Over a hundred in my local meetup group
    -Several hundred who have seen me at the Keystone Conference
    -An uncountable number of people who have seen me out and about
    -Many SAs
    -Dozens of sellers on eBay must know or suspect
    -Who knows how many others
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Who knows:

At some level my mother knows having caught me many times as a youth
    my fiancee
    all the members of this group
    member of my meet up group
    various unknown individuals at trans friendly bars
    Uber drivers
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Let me see I am retired and continue to pull it off unbeknown to the masses.
    1. Wife has helped me dress and "Was" very open to it. She has recently made comments that she thought I had done enough dressing.
    2. I used to show my face on here but have stopped because of being scared of the pictures getting out.
    3. A friend Tommie from on here, Dana44 from on here know and sometimes message from here. Also I have visited a friend on here Dana 459 on the phone who lives way out east. Another friend on here Nicole Scott whom we share same tastes in a lot of dressing desires. One that is not on here any more from Scotland knows and we have even shared pictures and face time together. More about all my relatives from Scotland and come to find out our old clans used to fight each other, but ever so often we stay in touch.
    I don't think any one else except my mom who died a few yeas back might have had a hint or two as I was growing up.
    I'm old, retired but still in shape and will probably take my secret to the grave more than likely.
    4. No one else I guess even knows that Jaylyn exists

Time when you just gotta do you.

As getting closer to being retirement age my thoughts were of just being me. Done was the responsibility of raising my family. Wife left for other reasons so now was a good time. Out shopping one salesgirl said it was time to do me. What others think is doesn't matter. Legs are soft, smooth, and most days yes I am wearing pantyhose. Underarms are shaved regularly, and working on body hair. My hair is past my shoulders and sometimes even curled. Usually I wear scrunches and have it in a ponytail. Most people don't even pay attention to me. Women are attracted to me even this way. My love is fine with my more feminine side and mostly prefers it. My children know and don't care, they love me. My love enjoys the sound of my heels in the kitchen in the morning while she reads the paper, and drinks coffee in bed. She knows breakfast is being made and her girl is in the kitchen. You are the same person in a dress, hose, and heels so why should it matter.

Besides the people on this forum No one. My wife may have thoughts due to my choice of tops. Oh and I'm retired

I still have a ways to go before I retire, and I have no idea to what extent this list will grow before then. Let's start with people who know both of my identities (although they may have only met me in one mode or the other):

- my wife
    - my sister-in-law (who my wife confided in)
    - six people from the LGBT organization at work (some of whom no longer work there)
    - three local trans friends and their significant others
    - a few other trans friends connected to that group
    - another trans friend and her spouse
    - a member of this forum who I first met in male mode
    - a handful of friends I have made online as Jamie but after a prolonged friendship felt secure enough to reveal information about the male me.
    - the owner of a local vintage clothing shop
    - the desk clerk at a hotel in Boston where I had to get my key re-magnetized after leaving the room in drag

People that have seen male me in drag include:
    - about 40 people who attended one of two Halloween parties in which I dressed in drag
    - about 1000 people (over the course of 9 nights) who came to see a show in which I played a drag queen
    - hundreds of people who saw one of my performances at a charity drag show
    - any Facebook friends who saw a pic from one of these events
    - both of my daughters (who have seen me prepping for some of these events, and pictures from them)

Note the list above does not include people who have simply seen me out and about Jamie. It is meant to be people who either know my male identity or could easily find it out (by looking at the playbill). Between Keystone and outings in a number of different cities, we would probably have to add a 1000 more who have seen me.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    My friend of 10 years knows,she is transgender and she told 2 other transwoman, that I know of. C'mon we know glue sometimes works ,but don't forget about duct tape,it will fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Carla,
    I can't believe how quickly my list has broadened in the last 18 months, going out socially was the big turning point, not only meeting other CDers and their partners and so many of the public especially now that our hotel is bigger and busier . Half my painting class know, many SAs know and they are too many to mention. Obviously my GP knows because of my counselling referrals . Naturally my wife and children now know as do their married partners.

My World is about to expand even more when my house is sold and I move into my new home without my wife. So far it's proving to be an agreeable time leading up to our separation , my wife also has her new home chosen the children appear to be OK about it .

My BFF is OK about my CDing in fact he's already asked if he can call in on me knowing I intend to dress most of the time .

Teresa didn't exist until I joined this forum, in a few months she will be the major part of my life .
    Teresa, having followed your posts for some time now (and you evidently mine as well ), it is painfully obvious that your situation vis-a-vis your wife is very similar to mine, and we have faced many of the same trials and tribulations in the course of our long and often challenging marriages. Sadly, it is becoming more and more clear to me that perhaps the solution that you have chosen to end your conundrum is in my not-too-distant future as well, because when the irresistible force meets the immovable object...well, at one point or another there is simply no other option short of going stark raving mad.

But I have to ask: How much of your decision to finally part ways with your wife was predicated on having met so many accepting GG's in the course of your being out-and-about, and, more specifically...the accepting (and even supportive) wives and SO's of others like us when participating in the CD-related social events that have now become such a large part of your life? Surely that must have been exceedingly hard to process and accept when compared to your own situation.

I fully understand that a whole different dynamic exists between a married CDer and his wife as opposed to interacting with an unrelated GG who might otherwise be accepting of said CDer (SA's, make up artists, facebook friends etc.) because they have no real stake in the matter, but who at the same time might still default to NIMBYism ("Not In My Back Yard") if the issue hit closer to home. Still, it rankles me that I have met and interacted with so many seemingly supportive GG's in the course of my periodic forays out in public as "Leslie" over the last 10 years or so, only to come back home after my outings to then hit the DADT brick wall yet again.

Did that type of frustration help to send you over the edge (so to speak - LOL!) in due course as well?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry:
    Thousands of T's that don't know my real name, any of my family or old friends, or where I live.

My 2 daughters and ex.

An old girlfriend who had been close to me for over 30 years. No contact since I told her 5+ years ago.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!