Thread: Cosplay Daydream

Cosplay Daydream

I was just thinking that I would love some day, when I am out more, to try some steampunk crossdress cosplay. That's all. A girl's daydream.

Fiona, Sounds good to me. Steam punk huh, Yeah I have seen a few girls locally here who do that. Kinda cute looking.
    Part Time Girl

Wow Fee!

Steampunk is a hot style! not mine, but hot!

You have good taste!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I think that would be fun too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Steampunk is awesome and you have a great deal of cool choices. My dress style is already alternative enough so I doubt I need to branch out into Cosplay but I must admit I really loved the Nier: Automata costume I saw the other day.

Gold Member
    I think I would like to try the old ball room gown, with the hoop skirts.
    like they had back in the 1860's
    Rader

I have cross played many a time and no one cares at cons. Do it, own it.

Fiona, I've been thinking the same thing lately, with Halloween coming up and all. Even though I've no plans to go anywhere yet, I may still put an outfit together just for fun.

I too love the steampunk style and it sounds like it would be fun. My personal concern is that the whole look would be expensive to duplicate, unless your a genius at thrift store shopping!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I've actually been very interested in Steampunk, but only the female side of it. I would very much like to dress as a saloon girl. Only problem is I do not know how it will fit on my body, as I'm pretty sure they are made for women's bodies and not mens'.

Go for it! I was at a con this weekend where I wore my Princess Peach cosplay at the finals of the gaming championships... after I won the Mario Kart 8 championship racing as Peach! Everybody loved it!

Just yesterday, a bunch of steampunk cosplay showed up on my Pinterest feed. All of a sudden I'm interested again.

I want to try that too, only as a male with a few "womens" things. Like military heeled boots, a choker, black gloves, a womens black leather jacket, pair of aviator sunglasses (unisex but worn by girls more) and some sort of tight black pants. By wearing this I will obtain the ultimate peacock. Peacock being "Wearing unusual things to get attention". I have always worn stuff that plays by the rules, It would be nice to create the perfect image of myself that represents both sides of the coin equally.

Well, ladies, if any of you are really serious about doing so, there is a large steampunk convention held in Tucson, AZ, every year on the first weekend in March. That is Wild Wild West Con, held at Old Tucson Studios, a real live Western movie studio lot. It's one of if not THE largest steampunk festival in the southwest.

Admittedly I have not gone out there dressed (although under-dressing is a different story), the sheer individuality of each costume is such that you could easily get away with dressing for the occasion. If you're still not completely comfortable, even masks are permitted, which help blur the lines even more

Give it a thought, and who knows? Maybe I'll see you there!