Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complimenting GGs

Quote Originally Posted by jack-ie View Post
    So It's ok to say: "I love your blouse. It really accentuates your cleavage"? :-)
    Absolutely not. It makes it look like you're more interested in the cleavage than the blouse.

A better response is, "I love your blouse. It's a beautiful color."

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Have to be careful. What one woman considers complementing, then flirting, another will consider sexual harassment.
    I would never give a complement to co-worker unless I know her well. Too easy to be accused of sexual harassment.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

So It's ok to say: "I love your blouse. It really accentuates your cleavage"? :-)
    That's asking for a sexual harassment citation, Jackie. Compliment the blouse if you like, but forget about the cleavage.

I think you're least likely to run into a problem if it's clear that you're being genuine and not just trying to get her attention with an empty compliment. I have complimented GGs on occasion, but it's pretty much people that I know. I've told a girl that I liked her earrings, no big deal. If I was staring at a girl's shirt that was showing some cleavage off, I'd keep my trap shut. As far as complementing women in public, I'm typically more reserved unless it's a very friendly non threatening situation. Women just have to put up with too many men approaching them looking for attention as it is, and in a lot of situations I just leave them be. A bike path with nobody else around? Nope. I just give them their peace. Someone who's out to a nice dinner and has obviously gone through the effort to make herself look nice? In that situation I think more often than not they'll appreciate someone noticing their style. Bottom line, everyone loves to be complimented because it makes them feel special, but sometimes people don't see if it's actually genuine.
    Last edited by Ellie Summer; 08-14-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Please, please girls, that was an attempt at humor. I would never say that to a stranger.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    What... We can't pay them a compliment on something *not* related to their body?

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I have been shopping in male mode and I was in line behind a couple at the cash register. They were buying a man's suit and tie for him and an evening dress for her...
    Or at least that was what they wanted people to believe...

Banned Read only
    How About:
    Nice tits you are showing in your extremely low cut blouse and push up bra.
    Nice ass in your skin tight skirt.
    Nice legs in your ultra short and tight mini skirt.
    Nice wig, see what years of bleaching and teasing has done to your natural hair.
    Nice foundation, it almost covers years in the sun.

Just telling the truth, why give a false compliment, doesn't the way they display themselves deserve the truth???

Thanks everyone! Really great thoughts and I do appreciate everyone sharing with me real-life experiences!

"Excuse me, miss. Not only is that a beautiful blouse, but you have a very nice rack."
    -waits for the slap -

I don't believe any comment like that is acceptable. I was trying to be polite in my response by acknowledging the very nice (and appropriate) responses that I received.

I just wanted to give an example of how it could make a girl's day.

My wife and I went to a restaurant (for the first time), and I had a chance to compliment the cashier/server. It was an order and pic up your food restaurant, so there were no waitresses as such. I told the girl something like, "You must hate your curly hair because it gets frizzy. My daughter tells me the same thing. But I really love how your hair curls." She was appreciative.

I went in maybe a month later and she was the cashier. When I got up to her, she said, "you were the one who complimented my hair last time you were here." So a month or so had passed, she remembered my face and the compliment. I thought that was pretty impressive. I'm not what you'd call good looking in male mode; I'm pretty average. So, I must have made some kind of impression.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gomer Pyle - "for a fat girl you don't sweat much".
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by LindaAnne View Post
    I don't believe any comment like that is acceptable. I was trying to be polite in my response by acknowledging the very nice (and appropriate) responses that I received.
    Linda, hon, don't take it seriously. I was trying for a smile or a laugh. Not all people are boorish louts that would actually say something like this to a woman. I may occasionally come off sounding like an asshole, but I'm not THAT big of an asshole.

One of the things I have done on a regular basis is politely compliment ladies on their jewelry. (Being in Tucson, AZ, home of the world's largest gem and mineral show, I get to see a LOT of fine jewelry.) Sometimes I will ask, "Is that {insert gemstone here}? It's a really beautiful piece." Most ladies are surprised that I'm (mostly) able to recognize what gemstone they have on, and enjoy chatting about it for a few minutes.

You would be surprised at how many ladies are pleased to know that you're observant enough to notice a nice London Blue topaz, a sparkly mystic, or a gorgeous tourmaline. Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but there are also many colors in a rainbow.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 08-16-2017 at 01:28 PM.

getting some spa chemicals and gave the cashier (older gal) a compliment on her nails and she said yea they are a little long.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Not sure why this *really old* memory popped up this morning, but I figure I'll share it anyway.

Back in my younger days, I was at a party and was chatting with a girl who had a beautiful head of long red hair. Innocently (or so I thought), I told her she had really beautiful hair. Well- she spent the rest of the evening following me around like a lost puppy.

BUT!

I was there with my girlfriend - who was ready to rip that hair out by the roots.
    She was there with her boyfriend - a jealous, crazy, ex-marine.
    Luckily for me, he was busy arguing with someone else and didn't catch on.

I escaped with my skin, and have been really careful about complimenting women ever since.

Just recently I realize that, as part of my strong femine personality, I always compliment women for their make up, dressing etc. but not in a proposal manner.
    One day I notice that one of these women could get my compliment as a proposal so I immediately said, "please don't get me wrong, I'm a married and very well married men (so far 38 years) and please just take it as a compliment because I know that all women enjoy compliments but some husbands never give one to their wives"
    So I'm very careful in the way, and tone I use so they don't get me wrong nut I don't lose opportunity to compliments and positive critics with some women, finally my girlfriends know me for that and some of them ask me my opinion.

Last time in a restaurant our waitress had her eye makeup . Really nice and drawn out past her eye nicely. I called here over and told here her eyes were very pretty. I think it made her day she thanked me and had a big smile on her face. I think a nice complement is very mannerly and can make a person feel good about themselves.
    Part Time Girl

Great thread! Thank you for bringing it up. I was stunned when I started going out in public en femme and I got compliments from sales clerks on my shoes, my bracelets, and my necklaces. They would ask where I got things, and so on. Guys don't do that. Well, maybe they should.