Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complimenting GGs

Complimenting GGs

I would appreciate anyone's views on this topic. I've always been super polite to everyone my entire life. I enjoy being nice to others and think it helps us have a nicer world to live in.

Although having cross-dressed the past 30+ years, it has only been the past few where I've become much more comfortable with my crossdressing and ultimately would like to dress in public. Having said that, I've now become much more aware of women's clothing, shoes, etc. and find I'm always looking to see what GGs are wearing so that I can learn more about what to wear when I do go out in public.

In doing this I've seen various GGs who are really "put together." They are very stylish and clearly take the time to look nice. Sometimes I see a dress I like, or shoes, or perhaps their hairstyle.

Is it appropriate to compliment a GG (a stranger) while in my man clothes? I'm so concerned they will think I'm some weirdo or something. It is purely about being nice and paying them a compliment. Even if everyone thinks it's ok I've struggled with the proper way to phrase it so they take the compliment as it is intended.

Thanks for any help girls!

Linda Anne

I compliment women all the time. What's the worst that could happen, I get accused of flirting? LOL... to old for that!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I also compliment GGs regularly and have always had a very favorable response from them. I am careful to compliment what their wearing, not how they look. Many times my compliment will be the start of a short conversation, and some have even told me where they got the clothes or shoes.

Just yesterday the opportunity came up again. I have been shopping in male mode and I was in line behind a couple at the cash register. They were buying a man's suit and tie for him and an evening dress for her, both in light earth tones. So I said to the woman, "That's a beautiful dress. It looks like you're going to a wedding in matching outfits." She confirmed my guess and we had a short conversation about the beach wedding that they were going to in Key West (Florida).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I compliment them all the time also. If I like the color of their nails or lipstick I compliment them too. Just "nice nails" some times.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do all the time but I'm sure I'll eventually run into an Ashley Judd type that thinks I'm being sexist for complimenting her.
    I did have one girl get snotty at a flea market because I said nice earrings or hair bow,something trivial.
    When she barked at me I looked at my friend and grabbed his arm and said honey lets move on this bitch is crazy as hell.
    Those feminist nuts are out there so it might be wise if the girl has a neon hair color don't say anything to her and deff stay away from her.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-14-2017 at 12:11 AM.

It's easy to say "that's a terrific (whatever), you look so lovely," and most GGs will be pleased with that. Except when what looks so great is their cleavage. You can get slapped. Focus on the dress or the blouse.

So It's ok to say: "I love your blouse. It really accentuates your cleavage"? :-)

I complement ladies quite often when I am in male mode. Usually, I use the same phrases I hear from GG's when they complement me when I am en-femme.

My nails are done 24x7, so even in male mode, if I tell a lady, "Wow! Your nails are gorgeous!", they take it as a complement from someone who knows nail care too. Often it leads to a fun discussion about where we get our nails done, just like any two girls would have. And often they speak first to complement my nails, which breaks the ice for my return complement.

I have yet to get a bad response to something like, "Excuse me, but I just wanted to say that I think that outfit you're wearing looks great on you!" It's usually also okay to make similar complements about how great their shoes look.

It's usually okay to complement how pretty or well done their makeup is, if it's a sincere and well-deserved complement.

On the other hand, a direct complement to the woman's personal appearance (beauty, figure, legs, how sexy they are) is skating on thin ice.

Banned Spammer
    I agree ceera but then again you never know whats going to set them off.LOL

Banned Read only
    Linda ,
    They may well look well put together, but sometimes it's thrown on if running late, or something not so good is on their mind, so a compliment might just make their day. Not unless the problem on their mind is her husband's CDing then she may not give you a very pleasant answer .

It is lovely to receive compliments , it's something I hardly experienced in male mode but when someone thinks you've put it all together well in female mode it gives you a boost knowing the thought you put into it is appreciated . OK maybe they are chatting you up, but if they think it's flirting , where's the harm I love it .

Have to be careful. What one woman considers complimenting, then flirting, another will consider sexual harassment.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Guilty -
    Today, getting my Subway lunch
    In my work uniform
    Young woman (20?) walked and waited behind me.
    I turned and complimented her on her lovely hair colour (dyed pinkish red which suited her)
    She smiled and thanked me for the compliment
    I picked up my lunch and left.

When I was younger, I used to give out flowers to pretty strangers, never had any issues
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

One of the benefits of getting older is being able to compliment a lady on her appearance and not being taken for a cad. At least there is one good thing. 😊

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Given your age and positive attitude, you're probably fine just being yourself and giving the compliment. However there are certain women who get off on throwing a compliment back in your face. I learned this decades ago and found that the way around it is to ask them, 'How do you feel about receiving compliments?' Most will be amused, and the prickly ones? -their curiosity has always exceeded their rampant feminist suspicion...so far...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    I agree with TraciG and sometimes, they have a strange, unpredictable mind set. I was on a cruise with my SO standing beside me when I told a server how nice she looked, she took offence and thought I was hitting on her in front of my SO. Nut Case. I was just trying to make a young woman feel good about her self. So where I use to compliment women I don't anymore, that female brain can go wacko on anything anytime as we all know. A lot of women are insecure about themselves and their looks, my compliments were to help them with this. I'm not the least bit interested in hitting on them. I have a great mate. Wonder what some of them are thinking when you don't compliment them or go gaga over their appearance when they think they look great. Many dress to bait a guy to be drawn to them and then get offended if he reacts differently than they want. Even women have trouble with other women. And I don't hate women, just know they are very very unpredictable.

I have complimented women on there outfits and have never had a bad reaction. However, I tend to not make such comments to young women who take the comment as being hit on, because they are always being hit on. I stick to women in my age group.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Only if I really feel compelled to but even then I usually don't. Because in my case maybe I would be hitting on them and I don't feel that's a good idea if they're married or engaged. And most women I meet are married or engaged.

Moreover, I've given compliments before that were unanswered. The woman doesn't say thank you or anything. I think women like getting compliments from each other, not so much from men.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by jack-ie View Post
    So It's ok to say: "I love your blouse. It really accentuates your cleavage"? :-)
    Say--I love your blouse, but no comments on cleavage

Jodi

Silver Member
    I give compliments to cashiers about their 'pretty nails', and they always smile and say thank you. I think it gives them a bit of a lift having possibly had a bad day. Women do like compliments, if they have tried to present themselves nicely. It shows them that their efforts were worth it.

I prefer to receive the compliments from women, which is what usually happens.

Banned Spammer
    Same here Valery.

Silver Member
    Because there is always a risk of a woman taking it the wrong way, if they are a stranger I don't. Nowadays everything is a potential so-called "trigger". It just isn't worth it. Being in the northeast it is even more so where people tend to keep to themselves.

Several times when I have encountered a GG when shopping ( whether in drab or dressed) and I see she may be wearing a blouse or dress or something that I like, I have said I like the blouse you are wearing could you possibly tell me where you purchased it. I am careful to word it in a way to show I am interested in the article of clothing and not sounding like I am harassing her or anything, and I have found that most of the time they are receptive and will usually give me an answer to the question.

Silver Member
    A compliment is welcome anywhere, anytime. And it's just as appropriate to give them to a TG as a GG. But I think you have to be specific about what you're complimenting. It's better to say "I love your dress" than "You look beautiful". The latter could be mistaken for an opening pickup line.

Also, once you have given the compliment, do not press for, or expect, a conversation to evolve. If she wants to converse, she will, but if she thanks you and continues on her way, take it as a sign she doesn't want to talk and let it go. But remember, that compliment DID have the effect if making her day.

As long as you complement a specific item, I've never had a problem. If a conversation ensues then I may add that the whole look comes together. I've never had a bad response.
    But some of you are right, I love getting complements too.