Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dude looks like a lady

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar

Dude looks like a lady

Well yesterday I went in to the barber shop,got a haircut, warm towel shave,and cleaned up my eyebrows. Only a touch up on my eyebrows, nothing femme,just clean. When I got home took a shower got ready and went out with family to the store,in the car at a red light my wife looked at me face to face and said " you look like a girl!". This got me thinking what she ment by that,does she know ?did she find my Jenn stuff? Or what? Sorry if I posted in the wrong section but if this has happened to anyone can you give me some advice?
    Thanks
    Life is about growth, never stop being curious.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't read too much into it.
    Act like it didn't register in your head and if she asks again act like you don't remember it.
    That will show you are a regular guy with "selective hearing".

Thanks tracii I will do that.

Did you ever consider actually asking her what she meant by that comment???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sara no I didn't consider it,many times she always makes comments like that. An example :she works 9 to 5 has an hour commute with traffic, I'll cook for her so when she gets home from work the food is ready,and the only thing she can say "oh,you felt like being a girl today? You must be gay cause you enjoy cooking."so now I sit on my lazy boy feet up watching ESPN and when she walks in from work I ask her "what's for dinner woman?" Another example I clean the house, wash the dishes, and iron my cloths her comments "your a f** why do you like doing girl stuff?"My answer I just want to help you and I have always ironed my own cloths since I was a teenager, so I just like my cloths neat. Sara ,I told you a little about my wife,so now what do you think?

Are you out to your wife? You are being nice and she is making comments like that? I would give her a swift kick in the ass! That is no way to treat someone who is being nice to you! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Sounds to me like she knows or is suspicious. It may be her way of asking for the truth and who knows where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Are you out to your wife? You are being nice and she is making comments like that? I would give her a swift kick in the ass! That is no way to treat someone who is being nice to you! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Seconded. This woman needs a serious talking to or a swift kick in the ass . . or both.
    :O

You should have asked her that at the time. Now you've missed your window. Might as well just assume it was an off the cuff comment. If she does know or suspect, there's nothing you can do now. And there's no way to revisit that conversation without raising suspicion.

Lana Mae Im not sure if she knows,I think she doesn't know. I don't blame her for thinking like this ,I blame it on her up bringing. If she suspects why not just ask me ?or say something instead of sending me smoke signals.

I would hate if my wife treated me that way. If you're trying to do what you consider your fair share around the house, and all she can do is make fun/belittle you, then that is messed up. A lot of crossdressers that feel more girly around the house by doing certain chores should be appreciated instead of treated like crap. That's my two cents.

I agree 100% with Lana she needs a lesson that guys who help their wife are a jewel to treat nice and say thank you. She must be crazy to not enjoy the extra help. My wife is always telling what are going to fix for supper dear. I don't usually cook except grill outside. I do help her with the dishes though and wash my own clothes. It's just us two in the house and she helps me with the farm work so at least I can hel her. Have your wife's head examined she's off her rocker. I can see what you meant when you think she found your Jenn stash.

Silver Member
    Are you serious? Is she joking? Or did she marry the wrong guy? Sorry, but men aren't always the only cave dwellers! Even if you weren't a CD, this could be trouble.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you catch her looking at a woman and comments on her outfit say WTH are you a lesbian?
    Or if she does something remotely manly like raises the hood on her car and check her oil call her a fag*&%.
    Smart ass comment given with a touch of hate will get that in return from me every time.
    She needs a talking to IMO.
    She needs to show you a little respect for being a man and helping around the house.
    Of course I was stupid enough to do all that with my first wife and it got to the point she did nothing around the house and if I said something she would say why should I? You do it all because you are a pussy.
    Wasn't long after that I tossed her ass out and boy did that feel good.

I would say that she knows something is odd, probably not the full picture, but she senses something.
    Having said that why wouldnt she ask?

Kym might have a point. I had a similar situation not too long ago. Early morning , freshly shaven, cleand up, eyebrows looking good. My 20 something year old daughter keeps staring at me and finally says, "dad, you look very feminine this morning." Surprised, and a little shocked I grumbled something in a lower than usual Neanderthal voice. But on the inside I was thinking, AWESOME! -Meg

I don't normally comment on these kinds of threads/offer up my opinion, but Jennifer, some of those comments are truly vile. I don't know you or your wife, and any "context" in which she is verbally demeaning to you (because that's what it sounds like to me). I really hope you two have a great relationship and that she is merely pulling your leg. Because if she isn't... I'd be worried. Actually, I am worried.

So you know your wife. It's a total guess on my part but it sounds like she wants a Macho Man. If her behavior has changed, she may suspect something it up.

Women are a mystery. I would maybe ask about this in the "ask a GG" section if that's possible.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

If you ask me, I'd chat with her. If she finds out she will be angry.....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I don't know you or your wife and I am not presuming anything, but from my own experiences my ex used to be demeaning to me like that with off the wall comments and stuff ( never about dressing as I didn't dress while we were together) and eventually I came to find out she just didn't want to be with me anymore and the comments were just the beginning of our relationship falling apart and it ended when I found out she was having an affair. So my recommendation is to wait until she makes another comment ( it sounds like from your original post that she makes them quite often) and then confront her on what she meant by it. It might, in her mind be some innocent joking around but it dosent sound that way, and tell her how it makes you feel when she says that stuff. Hopefully it is all in fun and nothing is behind the comments.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    She sounds mean.

If she recently started doing this it could also mean the gig is up and she found your stash. She could be trying to scare you out of it or is not too pleased with it and is being mean out of spite.

If she has always been like that then I would suggest telling her you don't like it. If she continues it may be a game over or counseling. It may or not be toxic to share your secret (if she doesn't know already) and could try to blackmail you, become even more verbally abusive, or just leave you outright.

My opinion is to tread lightly, but like others have said, I don't know your circumstances and I'm only going off what you've already stated.

Reading about your situation, she seems ungrateful. That is no way to be treated. I would have a sit down talk with her and find out why she thinks that way and she should learn to appreciate some things you do.
    Part Time Girl

Jennifer, dear.

Please..... you have your very own inner girl and you don't know or understand how women talk? (How long have you been married?)
    She's sending you psychic radar telepathic messages via innuendo. It's what wives do. It's the form of communication; indirect yet strategically piercing. And done by conveying just enough information to make you think she can read your mind; because she can.

I don't mean to rush things in your CD life. And Lord knows my own Coming-Out adventure didn't exactly produce the desired results for me and my relationship. BUT.... honesty is a necessity. That means HER being honest with you too instead of beating around the bush. But my guess, like others here have expressed, is that your cover is blown.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.