Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Me Downs

Hand Me Downs

Last week my wife needed underwear. She wears cotton, I don't. She picked up one of those cheap bags with two free bonus pair. This was going to get her by until we drive down to the Jockey store at the outlet mall.

Fast forward to this morning...

She reminds me of this purchase and lets me know that they do not fit her at all. "They are incredibly uncomfortable. You can have them," she tells me. Seriously? Don't make it sound so appealing! I think I will take a pass on her ill fitting cotton panties.

It all depends on what it is. I'm waiting right now for a postal delivery from my ex. Seems she is purging some things and thought I might like them. I've already been out twice this morning to see if the PO truck is in the neighborhood yet.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I'll take them

I'm under the very strong belief that women like clothes and undergarments that have a nice soft feel to them. So if I was to accept them from anyone, if I knew they would not feel comfortable, I would tell her, "You know I like to crossdress, and that I like soft stuff. What makes you think I would enjoy this?" But I would probably at least try them on just to see how they feel against my skin.

Love hand me downs, the world can be full of surprises.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey now, don't look a gift horse on the mouth. There are girls on this site that would be over the moon if their s/o offered them panties.

I like cotton panties. I like nylon & other fabrics too. I suggest wearing a pair for a day. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I absolutely love when my wife gives me her hand me downs! It's that little thought of acceptance that counts.

My wife had given me several dresses as HMD, size 8, thinking I would not fit them. She has now learned I do fit almost all of the size 8 dresses, and having seen my pictures, thought I wore them better than her. So she stopped giving them to me. She even took one dress back. But she has borrowed some of mine and I don't mind. There was one I ordered that was too tight, so gave it to her - Hand me Ups?
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Hey now, don't look a gift horse on the mouth. There are girls on this site that would be over the moon if their s/o offered them panties.
    True that.

I started a thread about a month ago where I mentioned downsizing my panty wardrobe by around 200 pair. They will be too big for me but I can give them a try.

This is the second time my mother-in-law sent over her old foundation garments for my wife to donate, 2 OB girdles and 2 OB all-in ones and some other stuff. They were in good conditions but since I've been unable to get time to dress I said F-it as she put them in the trash. What a tease!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I despise cotton panties, I don't even like a cotton gusset. So would I take the hand me down, no.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like they might be the Hanes 6+2 bonus pack. I love them. I find them very comfortable.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Take them even if you don't want them show her you appreciate her thinking of you.
    Not accepting is like saying I like meatloaf just not your meatloaf.
    Geez men are soo ungrateful sometimes.
    Chances are you paid for them anyway.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-16-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Silver Member
    I grew up without the cotton gusset in panties. Would prefer they do away with it. but women need it.

Silver Member
    Throwing away vintage foundations is a bad idea. They can be worth good money, especially is large (by modern standard) sizes. (Old rubber girdles are especially rare, if you can find one that hasn't disintegrated from age.)

Quote Originally Posted by jack-ie View Post
    It all depends on what it is. I'm waiting right now for a postal delivery from my ex. Seems she is purging some things and thought I might like them. I've already been out twice this morning to see if the PO truck is in the neighborhood yet.
    I received the care package from the ex this afternoon. This evening I got all made up up and spent 2 hours doing a video chat with her modeling the HMDs she sent. A few new outfits and I feel like a kid in a candy store

Tracii G wrote my thoughts on this subject. Pass it up and you can pretty well be assured it wont happen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Take them even if you don't want them show her you appreciate her thinking of you.
    Tracii, this is so true. When my wife recently offered me a few things which she no longer wanted, it felt like such a significant moment in our progress, a feeling that she is becoming more accepting of my CDing.
    Whether things fit, or how nice they are, is not what's important here. That feeling of support/encouragement is so much more valuable.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Accept any HMD or gift graciously. You could like the cotton panties and it is a nice gesture by your wife.

Despite the implied negative that they will be uncomfortable, I'd still take them. Its more a case of encouraging her to donate more things than deciding that you really don't care for them. Go ahead and accept them. Try them on for a time or two and only then admit to her that she was right that they were uncomfortable.

That will then lead to you having to go with her to shop for replacements for you.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Reality Check
    Tracii is right, don't turn down a gift of women's clothing from your wife.

Cotton can be very comfortable. Wash them at least once and you'll feel the difference. The more you wash them, the softer they will become. And if nothing else, you could wear them under your male clothes.

I would have taken them. In the past I have ask some of my in-laws if the had any dresses or other items they would like to donate.

FWIW; When we were going to counseling, the therapist suggested to my wife that she buy me something she could better accept me wearing. She purchased two dresses for me. Although not what I wanted to wear, it was because she purchased them for me that made them so special. So I wore them anyway, it gave me hope that everything would work out between us. When she told me she was filing for divorce, I threw them away.
    Take anything given, as a special gift. Anyone here would LOVE to have their wife give them panties.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Tracy, take them even if they don't fit you. Never kick a gift away
    Part Time Girl