Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss

Weight loss

Since i have been working from home after having been laid off a year ago it has given me a lot more time to dress up. In fact it's not even really dressing up it's just my clothes. The freedom from the workplace has been a real blessing for me. Recently, about 8 weeks ago I decided that I needed to get my health together, I'm 52, and eliminated sugar and most bad carbs from my diet and started walking every day. Fast forward 8 weeks and I am walking 3-4 miles each morning and down 22 lbs. I feel so much better and now all my clothes are starting to fit better. I can get into so many more items than before. There is nothing better than to be able to wear some nice spandex leggings and a cute cami top around the house all day without a bother. yesterday I did a 4 mile walk wearing my breast forms...OMG I did not want to take them off...I was wearing a compression top and a hoodie so not over the top noticeable. I am really just in heaven right now over being able to wear whatever I want when I want and I am out to so many people. I just wear what I want. No problems, no issues...just being myself.

Well done. Keep up the good work!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is wonderful and I'm really happy that you are happy.
    Keep up with the plan and think what it will be like 8 weeks from now.

That is awesome news. I bet getting in those clothes feels and look great. Stay healthy, fit and congrats.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Banned Spammer
    Just weighed myself and up 5 pounds. Grr. Thanks Phenytoin.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-16-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Losing weight is so rewarding, and congrats on that! I have been hitting the gym and watching my diet for about 10 months now. It's a struggle to maintain my optimum weight, but so far I've been able to succeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

I have lost 60 lbs over 10 years. Hit

Banned Spammer
    Awesome ladies well done !!

Jacqueline, congratulations on your weight loss. I'm down 30 pounds since New Years with goal of another 50, 260 to 180. My biggest issue is as I lose weight, everything is shrinking around my abdomen, it looks bigger. Best of luck to you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Extra skin Jamie?
    I had that problem after losing over 100 lbs years ago.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Sometimes being healthy sounds so boring to some people. But, dressing pretty, being sexy and generally life itself is so rewarding if you're not distracted by health issues.
    It's been exciting to know that I've eliminated all poisons from daily routine. Near 62 and practically vegetarian. Plenty of exercise and sleep. And I avoid all of the stress that others seem to thrive on.
    It's nice to hear that you're figuring it out at a nice young age. Sounds like you're single, too. That's probably a bonus.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have posted this before but over the last 10 years or so I have lost 60+ pounds. Daily exercise was the key. There is still room for improvement. I still struggle with insomnia, depression and dysphoria.

Congratulations!! I'm on a missio. To lose weight too. I'm down about 15 lbs from when i startes, again, a couple months ago.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Way to go Jacque!
    I've said it here a million times:

Reliable, long term weight loss comes from gradual, permanent, diet change. NOT excersize or diets. Just switching from beer to wine allowed me to lose 8 pounds quickly. That was 10 years ago and they never came back-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Having been diagnosed type 2 diabetes a few years ago I had to make some dramatic changes. I lost 50 pounds over the course of a year, my blood sugar is under control, and I have been off Metformin for two years now. I basically gave up sweets, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, but I am not anti-carb. I still drink beer, I still eat potato chips, pizza, a hamburger bun. We just don't have pasta night, big ol' baked potatoes, or a Sourdough Boule for dinner anymore.

Exercise does really help also. and one feels so good walking or exercise and in good health. Very good Jacqueline.
    Part Time Girl

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    congrats dear....that is an inspiration...now it is my turn!!

Thanks Jamie, I also started around 260 and now to 236...goal is 195...havent seen that weight for 30 years but I think it's do able. What did you do to achieve this success?

Platinum Member
    That's outstanding! Keep it up...you'll be glad you did in 10 years.

Losing weight is quite rewarding. As I started to hit the 200 lb mark, I said enough was enough. I cut some things back and changed my habits a bit and lost about 20 lbs over a couple months. Now pretty much holding at 180 or thereabouts. One time when my wife was giving me flack about my crossdressing, she told me she thought I lost the weight just for such, ie I would fit into my female clothes better. I truthfully told her it had nothing to do with it. I just wanted to feel better and make my clothes fit better. Males ones at that. I also wanted to give my aching knees some relief. I have pretty much found that losing weight is all about what you shove in your mouth. I am a firm believer in the adage, "You lose ounces in the gym, and pounds in the kitchen"

Banned Spammer
    For me it was walking and stop drinking alcohol and reg soft drinks.
    I still will drink a diet Pepsi every now and then but water mostly.
    My neurologist changed my meds and weight gain is a side effect for some people me included.
    Last time my gain was very rapid and this time is been a slow increase, so far just around 30 lbs so I'm hoping I don't "balloon" like I did last time.

Had to reply bc just recently decided to significantly loose weight and honestly whenever I've been tempted to cheat I remember that my chief motivating factor this time aroumd has been to look better enfem. Highest level.of motivation I've ever had actually amd as I see iy another blessing of thos love of fashion.

Jacqueline,
    Congratulations. Losing weight and keeping it off is hard work and there are so many foods that will help you put the pounds back on.
    You are so right about feeling better with losing weight and especially being able to fit into clothes more easily. You have just extended your wardrobe range by a lot.
    I found that cutting down drastically on carbohydrates as well as alcohol was one of the keys. I also followed a 5/2 diet regimen in which I would eat very little on Tuesdays and Thursdays and eat normally on other days but of course eating the right foods too.
    The pleasure of coming down several dress sizes was wonderful and I even found myself buying a size smaller in my knickers.
    The reward for what you have done is really worth it and you will feel a lot better both physically and mentally. Best wishes,
    Last edited by CONSUELO; 08-20-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: grammar

I've been off and on as far as losing weight for the past few years. I have lost about 12 pounds since the beginning of the year, most of that came earlier and I'm trying to get going again. My main motivation is to just establish healthy habits including better diet and consistent exercise. I've learned that most things in life you can't control but you can control your diet and how much you exercise. I don't exercise for the clothing but it's a nice bonus if after I lose some more weight I can drop a dress size which will open me up to more options.

I've lost about 50 pounds in the last five years.

First of all, I retired. That meant no more grazing on junk food at the office, no more two hours sitting in a car daily, and being more active.

Second, when I really want to lose weight, I count calories. I use the MyFitnessPal app and track what I eat. I firmly believe in the math diet. Each pound is 3,500 calories. Burn 3,500 calories than you consume, and you lose a pound (unfortunately, the inverse is true also). I have a fitness tracker (actually a triathlon watch) that estimates my daily calorie burn, so when I am trying to lose weight, I have both my consumption and how much I burn. I also have a scale that posts to the internet so I can track my weight daily (and mind you, it jumps or drops from day to day on occasion).

The science suggests there is no one diet that is better than others. The Vox.com website has a lot of good articles on this.

So keep track of what you eat, and try to exercise when you can, to create a negative calorie balance. Over time, you will lose weight.