Thread: Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Good Morning All,

It's been a while since I've posted, or even been here to read how you all are, so I hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful summer.

It's been a fairly busy one for me, what with kids out of school, work, holidays, life in general... I'm sure it's the same all over.

I won't recap my whole story, but wanted to also share that recently when my bf and I had a few days alone together, he let me see him in lingerie (Corset and bra, panties, stalkings, and heels... very beautiful.). No make up or wig, or forms, etc. Just something pretty she wanted me to see. The whole evening went very well, I was nervous, as was he before hand, but it was received quite well, and we had a fun evening. I was so moved that he felt comfortable enough to share with me, and he was so happy that I wasn't 'freaked out' and very accepting. Baby steps, sort of, and I am good with that. He is being very understanding of my needs, and I am trying to do the same. (As an aside, I hope it doesn't seem odd that I don't often refer to 'him' as 'her', but I would if I were to see him completely in dress.)

To my question... lol... His birthday is coming up soon, and I would like to buy him something feminine. Since for him crossdressing is mostly a sexual thing, and he quite likes lingerie, I am thinking something of this nature. Is that a good idea, or not recommended? I know the responses can very, and really, I understand I know him best and do think it would go over well, but I wanted to get some opinions.

Thank you for reading and any input would be appreciate. -g

Being on the receiving end!

Maybe some perfume, a nice candle or even to take Her out for a shop!

I wouldn't by any clothing items without her seeing them, as we all have differing tastes!

I hope that you know what a gem you have!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

littleg2. I think that if you do that, in his eyes, you will be raised to sainthood, and he will fall in love with you all over again. You may find yourself treated as the real princess that you are.

I agree with Marsha. After having already seen her choices I am sure that you are capable of find some things she will love. Go for it!
    Hugs, Carole

Hell-o Littleg2
    I know you've heard it before...
    "It's not the gift, it's the thought that counts".
    I'm sure she will LOVE anything femme that you
    give to her.
    Who doesn't like a gift on their birthday?
    (Mine is in April BTW, just in case you're feeling generous?)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Long, long ago I had a GF that bought me a couple pair of nice panties for Christmas. I loved it!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Good idea. You come across as a very kind and accepting person. There is nothing wrong with dressing for sexual pleasure. Go for it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Good idea? No.

Absolutely fantastic idea? Oh my, yes!!

Definitely get him something that you feel would look nice on him. (And obviously in the correct size... If the fabric has some stretch to it, all the more better, just in case.)

Such a wonderful & thoughtful surprise!
    Last edited by ellbee; 08-18-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Edited for pronouns... :D

I for one would be thrilled if my wife did that for me, even if the item chosen wasn't totally to my tastes. I say go for it!

Banned Spammer
    This si something that can go both ways. First you are awesome!!! You can go out and get her something that will not just turn you on but her as well. Why not you both go out and look together? it will be exciting and you will see what she likes as well if your paying it will be less stress for her. Besides you never know where this will lead to.... More enjoyment in the bedroom and she might even start dressing more in the house!!!

The people here dress for certain reasons many different and many more open and many more closet. Let him express and you both be very open as to how far "dressed" you both want to take it.

Either way Get her something for her Birthday and then you both go out shopping for something sexy and then go for dinner. Knowing the excitement the anticipation of getting home to have some fun!!! no need to rush you have all day and night!!

Enjoy!!

Go for it! Just love each other all you can! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It is fantastic that you are so supportive...it is a good idea and I am positive that any gift from you will be received with open arms.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Platinum Member
    A wonderful idea....as long as you open that gift together and at home

Litteleg2 Yes get her something and it would be nice to recognize when he is fully dressed to call her by the proper pronouns.
    Part Time Girl

Yes it is a good idea. Especially since you already know what she/he likes. I know it can be confusing, it sounds like your hart is the right place, that is what really counts.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Maybe a matching feminine ring for the both of you to solidify the bond between you two.
    Or a feminine bracelet or necklace,
    Anything from you to say you love him just the way he is would be awesome.

Go for it I say! If he's really picky about his outfits, or otherwise a very controlling person, then you might not want to make it a total surprise, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you bought him lingerie and told him that you wanted to (or even demanded to, depending on your dynamic) in it, he'd be absolutely over the moon.

Haveing jist had my bday and my girlfriend just buying me a dress and getting me a makeover and it being the first time getting anything of the like. I will say that is a great idea. As Stacy said we have our own tastes in clothes but I'm sure you know what she would like so go for it in sure she will love it.

If you think you know his fem style pretty well, then go for it! Lingerie is always welcome in my mind. Other girly things are also a plus. My wife surprised me recently with a ittle annivrsary gift for my girl self; an adorable cute pink makeup case. I <3 it and was so appreciative. It was a really thoughtful gift. I'd say go for it!

Banned Read only
    As others have; stated buy lingerie. It's an acknowledgment of acceptance. Decades ago my wife bought me stockings and a garter belt to go with a black floor length nightgown. It was "Wow!" It was strictly a sexual thing at that time.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph65 View Post
    Either way Get her something for her Birthday and then you both go out shopping for something sexy and then go for dinner. Knowing the excitement the anticipation of getting home to have some fun!!! no need to rush you have all day and night!!
    A gift of lingerie *and* then shopping together?? Eek! Too much, too soon!!

I believe both of them want to take it somewhat slow with all this, to feel out their comfort levels -- and I don't blame 'em.

Besides, if they end up staying together for the rest of their long & happy lives, wouldn't it be better to savor these things, and to build up to it over time? You're correct: No need to rush... But they could have an entire *lifetime* together. Save something for "tomorrow," ya know?

I mean, Littleg2 could, sometime after giving the gift, if she wants -- and if she means it -- simply say in a kinda alluring way, something like, "Maybe we'll go lingerie shopping together sometime... You know, for both of us..."

Then either quickly change the subject somehow, or even sneak it in as they say their goodnight/goodbyes to one another. You know, to leave her BF hanging for more.

(Seriously, that could turn out *sooo* hot! )

Anyway, depending on what might look good on him, there's nothing wrong with *not* going totally over-the-top steamy with the gift. Even something like a nice satin robe or satin PJ's (from the women's section, of course) might be more appropriate, yet still kinda sexy?

I dunno, just another idea. In this case, I trust her to know what to get him the moment she sees it!

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Agree with what others have said - I've also been lucky enough to receive female clothing as a gift from my wife. It has always been wonderful, and a reminder to me of how very lucky I am to have her in my life.

Go for it!
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

I would like to thank you for all this understanding towards your bf , believe me you have gained his love and respect to the highest level , this will upgrade your love towards him ,,,try to open all sorts of questions to him if needed ,,,im married and lately i have opened to my wife and she accepted who i am ,,,this has made our relationship go higher and more respectful ....good for both of you ...by the way for the gift ...try buy him something intimate ,,,if sexual ...any sets of lingeries especially panties and bras will do ...
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Thank you all so much for taking the time to offer your reply, your insight and your recommendations, I really do appreciate it.

Admittedly, this past weekend when we were together, after a long evening, we were chatting as we were drifting off to sleep and I asked him if it would be alright if I did something like this (and after reading some of the earlier responses, but not having time to respond myself). He seemed thrilled that I would even think of doing this, and it made me feel more comfortable with the idea. I figured this way I would have his/her approval, but it will still be a surprise as to what I come up with. We are both doing our best to be open with each other, which has been wonderful, and I am sure to tell him how much I appreciate it as often as I can.

It's really sweet the way our relationship has been evolving since he came out to me. We are both open and playful about it, and are both feeling more and more comfortable together.

You may be right though, laurababe, both might be a bit too much for me right now... but I can say it is honestly is something I have thought about, and perhaps hinting at the idea that it is something we could do together at some point. Re: buying something and shopping together

Oh, and thankfully he is not a controlling person at all, and is only as picky as any girl would be who wants to look her best in anything she wears.

Thanks again! -g

I think Tracii has the best idea a ring or bangle or matching rings to solidify the friendship