Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Marriage

Update on Marriage

I just wanted to give an update on my situation. As you know, my wife is very conservative. She was not expecting to have a crossdressing husband.

I have been underdressing for several months now, but have loved wearing panties for many years. Last month she found my collection of panties and bras. She thought I was cheating, but realized I wasn't when I explained everything to her. I was really worried about the situation. But somehow she dealt with it better than expected. I told her I have feminine side that needs to be expressed. Not easy to tell her I want to wear panties.

Unexpectedly, she saw my painted nails yesterday and felt my bra on. She said it was wierd, but did not have a severe reaction like I expected. I said I am not perfect and she said she does not want our son to get mixed messages. I understand her point. I feel like I broke through a glass ceiling with her. She is willing to accept my crossdressing. This is huge! I am going to take it slow. I love her and she is a great woman and I'm hoping we can get to a point where I can dress up and she is accepting.

Thank you for listening,

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    My advice don't lie to her and don't bust any of mutual boundaries.
    A voice of experience here. I wish you well

Sorry Nicole, I don't find your posts to be swimming in veracity. You posted a significant issue and after 3+ pages of responses, you remained utterly silent.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...as-and-lost-it!!!

People here actually give a hoot and try to help those who are real and honest.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Hi Sara. I am being real and honest!!!!

This is my life and I want to relate to other crossdressers and connect. I sorry you don't feel that way.....

I am just happy that I can crossdress and connect with my wife.

Hi Nicole,
    It's great that you have made further progress with your wife. Like you said, it's very important not to rush her with everything. Hope things continue to go well for you.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Hi Nicole,

First off, shout out to a fellow New Yorker! Secondly, I am happy to hear that your wife didn't totally freak out when she experienced a bit of cour crossdressing. My wife is also very conservative; I mean we both generally are with one of two execptions ;-) It was extremely unnerving for me to come out to her. I definitely thought from time to time that she may leave me if she found out I was crossdressing. We also have both decided that when we have kids, that isn't something they need to be a part of until they are grown. My advice, absolutely continue to take it slow with her, don't lie about things, and try to incorporate her into your CDing however she is comfortable...but don't push or insist she do or accept things she isn't comfortable with.

We are here on this journey with you!

<3 Sage <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole11 View Post
    I just wanted to give an update on my situation. As you know, my wife is very conservative. She was not expecting to have a crossdressing husband.

I have been underdressing for several months now, but have loved wearing panties for many years. Last month she found my collection of panties and bras. She thought I was cheating, but realized I wasn't when I explained everything to her. I was really worried about the situation. But somehow she dealt with it better than expected. I told her I have feminine side that needs to be expressed. Not easy to tell her I want to wear panties.

Unexpectedly, she saw my painted nails yesterday and felt my bra on. She said it was wierd, but did not have a severe reaction like I expected. I said I am not perfect and she said she does not want our son to get mixed messages. I understand her point. I feel like I broke through a glass ceiling with her. She is willing to accept my crossdressing. This is huge! I am going to take it slow. I love her and she is a great woman and I'm hoping we can get to a point where I can dress up and she is accepting.

Thank you for listening,
    How can seeing painted nails be unexpected? And you expected a reaction? Considering how conservative she is? This is a recipe for disaster.

dear Nicole
    i have passed with the same situation as you ,,,my wife is even more conservative ,,she accepted my crossdressing but forbid me to expose any to our children and to the outside ,, I accept that because all what I want is her approval ,,,,now she even buy some things to me ,,and I buy for both sometimes ...now a days she borrow some from me ,,our sizes are almost the same .....do not worry about her ,,,she will still love you the same ...but try not to expose your identity or else you will lose her .....take care my sis
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Silver Member
    Nicole, your postings don't ring true to me. Sorry.

Nicole, I'm glad that your wife is accepting, it makes life a lot easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I don't want to call anyone out for being deceptive. but at the same time, some things do strain credulity. Under dressing for "several months" isn't likely to fill a drawer with undies and bras. And frankly it would only take one evening in a bra for it to be "noticed". Besides, if my wife had found a hidden stash of bras and panties, her first thought wouldn't have been a girlfriend. Seriously, how many gf are going to keep their undies at your house?

Here's my thought. We all have a tendency to shape our reality, particularly when we write about, and especially when we want to catch other's attention with the content of what we write. And our memories and judgements are maleable. Its very easy to incorporate what we wish into our preceptions of what is. The key skill is to be able to discern between the two.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Well put Kim.
    Some people come here to be themselves.
    Some people come here to pretend to be what they are not.

Platinum Member
    I do understand. We all run the risk of fictionalizing our own reality. Its really hard to stay grounded in a virtual reality world!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole11 View Post
    Liberal women don't expect their husbands to be crossdressers either. You didn't tell her in advance. The politics of your wife has nothing to do with whether or not she gets married to a crossdresser.

Taking it slow should help her to keep accepting your crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I do understand. We all run the risk of fictionalizing our own reality. Its really hard to stay grounded in a virtual reality world!
    Great points Kim. It comes down to being honest with one's own narrative. This not only affects how we present ourselves to others in pages such as these, it also makes a difference with how succeptable one might be to playing off of a false narrative in a direction which can be detrimental on so many levels (including how our comments might affect others). As you said, remaining grounded...hard to do that when your footing is any degree of fiction.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    Its so true Sara. And, I will acknowledge that I am, or at least was, susceptible to allowing my wished for relationship to muddle itself with the real relationship..with really catastrophic consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Well put Kim.
    Some people come here to be themselves.
    Some people come here to pretend to be what they are not.
    I thought I came here to be a gender-fluid cross-dresser, you know, someone who pretends to be a woman. Did I get the part I'm supposed to pretend about wrong? If I'm not that, what am I? I am so confused!

Platinum Member
    I get it Kelly.... we are all "pretending" in some respect, relative to our genetic composition. At issue is the veracity of the OP. As a very long time CDr and part of two marriages, encompassing 35 years, it just doesn't make sense.

Thanks Kim for having my back.

Kelly you need to watch yours. Remember, we will all be together in a few days.

Platinum Member
    Everyone's backs will be fine. .

Now and then a post just has a kind of hollow sound. I'm empathetic to the folks who create a story...or embellish...just to have something to share. Perhaps all fiction derives from a need to have something to share.

I don't get your posts Kim. Are you saying I am making up my story and embellishing it? I'm not..... I'm not pretending to be anyone or a crossdresser...I'm not pretending to buy panties or bras. I'm not pretending to wear dresses to get a reaction out of you. My story is true and I'm just looking for some support. Kim, I am sorry my story does not fit in a nice little box with how a crossdresser should dress and act.

Thank you everyone else that has been nice and supportive of my journey in discovering my feminine side and crossdressing. I'm hoping I can be more honest with my wife in the near future and she continues to be supportive.

Silver Member
    Nicole, your pieces of your puzzle just didn't fit. That's why some doubted what you were saying. Yes, I was one of them. Go back and examine your posts, and you may see why.
    Now, every sister on this fabulous forum is ready to listen and help you in any way they can. Being up-front is the key.

What pieces don't fit together, jenny22? That I am underdressing daily and wear panties and bras, that I paint my toe nails, and that I'm married and my wife does not know the full extent of my crossdressing???

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Politics have nothing to do with any of this I wish people would quit with the stereotyping conservative people.
    I happen to be one so I feel the hate all the time from people here.
    Anyway don't count your chickens just yet because feeling a bra and saying it felt weird is not acceptance or a green light to dress in womens clothes all the time.
    I think you are reading way too much into her reaction presently.Her opinion may change tomorrow you just don't know women very well it appears.
    You are not the only one that has made posts like this only to go all out dressing and doing nothing but talk CDing and all things girly so you need to understand she doesn't want to hear that from you because you are the man.
    This is not an attack on you I am just trying to make you aware that you need to think things thru.
    You are already getting defensive Nicole you should listen.

Silver Member
    Nicole, just reread your posts. Look for inconsistencies in what you wrote. Analyze them as some of us have done, and see if you can see why.Its not up to me nor anyone else to explain everything to you.