Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't it just be simplier if we were attracted to men?

Wouldn't it just be simplier if we were attracted to men?

I think relationships would be so much easier. People will just think you're an effeminate gay. Wear pink and heals all day long grow your hair long maybe take hormones and no one will notice. They might think you are a boy but that's fine "because he's just a really girly gay guy. And some straight guys may even be attracted to him too"
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Can't imagine it would.

I can't imagine it would either.

It would not be that easy. We would still face discrimination and deal with inner shame guilt and so forth. Also, we all describe ourselves differently on this site. Some are gay, many are not. Some are trans some not. I view gender identity and expression as separate from sexuality. Conflating gender and sexuality just muddies the waters.

No I don't think it would be easier. I for one am not attracted to men, I am 100% straight and have a great girlfriend. I just like the feel of wearing Women's clothes.

Reality Check
    You know you can be attracted to anyone you want. If life would be simpler for you if you were attracted to men, get yourself to a gay bar, find yourself one and see how it goes.

For me, life is simpler as a married (to a woman) straight crossdressing man.

The time spent waiting for her to get ready to leave the house would be cut down dramatically. I don't know if that makes it simpler. We are all complex in our own way.

You're assuming flamboyant gays have it easy.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As this is me, maybe I can answer this. If what you are referring to is acceptance by the public? Then yes it helps. I am bi but let everyone think I'm gay and I'm only dating men now. This goes double for my friends that are girls. As for relationships, it is no easier. Think about it men and relationships? I do have some, their not the same as with a women.

Gender Identity and sexual attraction are not the same. Yes there are members here who are attracted to men and there are others who are attracted to women no matter how they feel about themselves.
    If you wanted to live as a woman 24/7 then it might be easier to find a man vs a woman who may be attracted to you (the pool is that much larger). But then again would it make you happy.

To me this is like asking if Minorities would "have it easier" if they just conformed to the stereotypes.

As a gay crossdresser, I find a good man is hard to find. Most want you for sex and that's it. No going out. No dinners.

Simpler? In some respects, I guess it might be, but the fact remains that most of us (mtf crossdressers) are straight. Wouldn't it be simpler if we stopped worrying about what people thought of us and just enjoyed being who we are?

Banned Read only
    Maybe for the people that think the only reason we dress as women is to attract men.

Life would be simpler if men dressed as men and women dressed as women. But that doesn't work for us, does it?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe.
    Because it would much easier for me to find men or dressers to become intimate with, than women. I've met a few men that really came on to me. A few CD's also. They were younger, in great physical shape, and were very nice to me. Which I found flattering but, nothing about any of them raised my heart rate at all!

I've often wished I was attracted to men. At least a little. It would be fun doing more than simply flirting with them. If only they turned me on!

Sadly, no women have ever flirted with me dressed----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Probably not.

I would not think so either. Men only want sex from us and nothing else. Although over time a few girls here found a man. But for most of us they are straight and love women only. Being with men also I fell the same way I love women.
    Part Time Girl

No it would not help certainly for me at all. Think of those times when in drab you can flirt, be suggestive and funny to someone you know, you can have fun like that as I have but flirt towards a GG would that not work the same? I doubt it.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    To me it would make life far more complicated, not simpler. I may laugh and share jokes with men but I don't fancy them .I don't want people to think I'm effeminate gay, I'm not really either of them. I'm a man whose wiring is different enough to give me GD and AGP, I wish to be seen and accepted as woman but the twist is I want to share it with a woman . To be considered effeminate means at times acting the part , I'm just me who is happier dressed because it shows the World what my inner feelings and needs are. None of this has anything to do with men or a need to be with them in an intimate way if fact very few gay men are attracted to CDers .

Whatever your sexual tastes are they are separate from your gender feelings and needs . Did anyway say CDing was simple ,it must be one of the most complex issues the medical profession has dealt with .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Again Lexi you are projecting and not dealing with reality I'm afraid.
    I am not quite sure you even understand yourself at this point.
    I see a lot of confusion and assumption in your posts.

I can kinda see what you are saying....people generaly get the gay and straight thing. crossdressers, trans, non-binary, etc., are more in a grey area...like harder to pin down a be put into a specific box that people can look at and say, 'okay THIS is what a CD is'. I think the bigger issue here is that you may not be fully understanding yourself (please forgive me if I offend you) and your sexuality, maybe even your gender. your post seems to indicate that you may be a gay crossdresser with some transgender leanings. Remember, there are MANY different entry points into crossdressing. You can be any gender and sexuality and be a crossdresser.

<3 Sage <3

StevieTV, I had a conversation about dating men and women Wednesday night with a couple at the bar. He was stuck on the physical act, he couldn't get that it is more emotional for woman. His wife understood. It's just the way most men are. GGs have the same problems with them.

Gold Member
    I am not attracted to MEN, sorry, but that Idea just will not fly with me.
    I like girls, maybe so much that I like to wear what they wear.
    Rader

I think we are trying to simplify relationships too much .
    I know for me I am simply not attracted to men CD or otherwise .
    Men are fine as friends but that's it .
    Perhaps as someone said I like women too much !

JAS