Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited to No dressing

I agree with the group- and this has zero to do with dressing. You're being taken advantage of. Plain and simple. You're not doing them any favors by letting them be lazy.

I think, sometimes parents start believing that their adult children don't need to be disciplined. They need to know life isn't fair sometimes. We learned it. It's time they did too. That unfairness, has to come from somewhere, and you got picked to hand it out. Actually, life is being unfair to you right now- but you can hand it back. You paid you dues, I'd bet 6 times over. The outside world won't cut them any slack. Why should you?
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

If they want to play house together, let them do it in their own. If he is "adult" enough to have a shack up honey he is old enough to support himself. Boot their butts out and get your life back.

Had the same thing going on with my grandson had to make him get his own place. Never knew when he was going to come or go. would leave a mess where ever for someone else to clean up. One can only put up with so much Leanne. It's called tuff love he need to grow up or he and her will be with you forever.
    Angie

Silver Member
    The message seems to be repeated many times above but i will risk being redundant. As parents sometimes we need to buck up and share some tough love. You can set the rules and although you say you can't bring yourself to boot your son out you owe his GF nothing! Heck who knows who or where she may be and with whom. She can stay at her parent's house he at yours and then they date! He has a roof over his head and she has one over hers and you get to dress more often and the stress will be less because at worst case there may still is food in the bedroom, just then it will be only to feed one person your son.
    If you doesn't like living with her parents or vice versa that will motivate her to get working so she and he can have their own place.

You are his parent not his friend! And you are neither to her!

Banned Spammer
    I have to say this much if they can not obey house rules then the first time everything gets thrown out in the front yard. The second time it gets thrown into garbage bags and put out the night before garbage. The third time..... throw everything out the door and change the locks. She is on summer holidays from skool? she can get a job. They can both clean the house and help out. If not Change the locks. it is called tough love. Time to cut the umbillical cord and make your son more responsible. I kicked my daughter out of my house. Why? she wanted to stay at her BF place while claiming welfare here.... I said get a job.... she made excuses...... I said your out of here after getting her a job... new clothes and a small fridge for her own food..... 3 strikes she was gone. Tough love and your sone will thank you when he is older and has a respectable wife.

Time to boot butts! its one thing to say oh he is my son I must look after him but its quite another thing when that person is of an age to start work and contribute to his upkeep the other thing is quietly make life difficult by laying down rules if that does not work then out they go. I was strict with my two and they grew up to be responsible adults my son left to go to university and from there he went on to forge his own life, and now? married 2 kids 4 houses (3 let out) Porsche Cayenne for himself and Audi Quatro for his wife.
    Mollycoddling? does not work.