Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overtly Out

Platinum Member

Overtly Out

I've lived for most of the past 4 years in a really nice, highly rated RV park. Sounds weird, but a lot of people do, most of our residents are permanent, some working, others retired.

A few years ago, as a new resident, I took evening strolls....twighlight or later...and if you check back, I related an experience being questioned by a constable. Evidently someone objected to the tranny in the RV park. Actually, that event worked out well, and the policeman advised me not to worry about future complaints. Other than inadvertently stepping in front of the lights of my neighbor's pickup while fully dressed, I really haven't had any significant encounters with other residents.

Maybe I should leave well enough alone, but I pay good money to live here. The grounds are lovely and frankly, I get a little stir crazy stuck inside, even in the texas heat.

well, I've made my first deliberate effort to come out to the folks here. I was siting on my patio with my dog and a glass of wine, when a friendly older lady walked by. Another permanent resident and we have a common interest in the stray dog that frequents our park. tonight I was wearing my wig, breast forms, and of course an casual summer outfit.

She asked what I'd done to my hair, said she liked it and our conversation proceeded as though nothing was different. And really nothing was....I just showed a part of myself that I'd been hiding. Hoping for more of the same from other residents!

Hi Kim,

Good for you! I hope all of your 'outings' go as well.

Elizabeth

Very nice story. I hope your future encounters go as well as this one. Looking forward to some updates.

Platinum Member
    I have to confess, I was a little surprised at how much of a non-event this proved to be. She immediately asked what I'd done with my hair, but from that point on the conversation was indistinguishable from many others before. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the "word" has gotten around among the permanent residents. I've picked up packages en femme at the office, and in doing so was "out" to at least three admin staff. No adverse feedback there either.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kim I think most overthink how most will react to us when we are out dressed, I've found most I interact with just go with
    the flow. I think most people don't really care. Once most people realize we aren't some kind of pervert but just regular folk
    it just becomes normal
    Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member
    Normal is nice

Did you tell her what you did to your hair?
    Like ... "I put it on!"

- Suzie

Platinum Member
    LOL, when she said it looked great, i left well enough alone!

You have history with these people, even if it may have been limited. I'm sure you will find most people are very understanding or just don't care. Their are just people . It's not rocket science, just smile and make small talk, as you did. Yes it will get around , that work in your favor.

Platinum Member
    I'd prefer to be totally "out" here. Maybe this is the first meaningful step.

Rachel's right. Unless they're complete boors, most people will respond according to how we present ourselves. They're not "fooled", but most decent people will avoid making a normal interaction awkward. So keep it normal. Confidence and a winning smile just plain disarms whatever uneasiness people might feel. It's amazing.

Platinum Member
    Its a little wierd to imagine what other people are thinking about me... Which reminds me of what a friend once advised:

Other people's opinion of you is none of your business!

And in the long run, well, there is no long run. I may live here a couple more years, but my retirement plans will take me much farther north!

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    As you can see in my reply in " Popping up like mushrooms, " they may not know for certain, so mostly they could be thinking am I right or wrong, or i the couples case talking aloud . We have to remember some may not have seen a CDer before so they don't know what to expect , especially in a public place . They have an image mostly from screwed up media ones so they will look not because they are being rude but they questioning themselves .

I'm so glad you've found Kim again, normal and natural is nice and being accepted as such is a great lift .

Nice story KIm, You did well in that talk and even though you was somewhat fem, I think she was being friendly with you and that is a good sign.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Normal is nice
    Hey Kim,

You have been resisting your "normal" for way too long trying to be someone or something else. You obviously have come to grips with that and allowing Kim a shot at life. As a result, happiness, peace and contentment are oozing from your words now. I'm glad.

Only five days until we meet! Finally.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-20-2017 at 06:52 AM.

What Jeri Ann said. I am happy this is working. But...there is this little annoying thought that whoever complained once may still be around, and how the encounter with them will go is up for grabs. Just take that guard dog with you.

Kim, Congratulations on you next step on coming out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You go girl hope you make your goal hun.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    What Jeri Ann said. I am happy this is working. But...there is this little annoying thought that whoever complained once may still be around, and how the encounter with them will go is up for grabs. Just take that guard dog with you.
    I do feel a bit like I've gotten a "get out of jail" card. Its entirely possible that person (or persons!) are still here. Of course, after that disconcerting episode, I made it a point to continue my evening strolls, relying on the constables assurances. I should probably have written a thank you to the local police for the understanding and courtesy...and willingness to listen!

Jeri Ann, you're right...the past 23 months have been difficult. I feels as though a weight has been lifted simply by the act of allowing myself to be myself.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    And then suddenly, Carla starts thinking about retiring to a mobile home park. Can you buy two of them side by side?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Technically, its an RV park. A Good Sam "10" rated park. I live in one of the more humble RVs here. Some of the units that come through here depreciate the equivalent of my annual income each year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    And then suddenly, Carla starts thinking about retiring to a mobile home park. Can you buy two of them side by side?
    Yeah, would need a double wide. One to live in and another to convert to a closet.

The only problem with trailer parks is the magnetic attraction they have to tornadoes.

Platinum Member
    I probably won't retire here....I just didn't want to live in an apartment, nor have a whole house to myself. As for tornadoes, I've advised my kids that if one does happen, I'll do the only reasonable thing: Got witch hunting!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kim a lot of us have been saying for years just be yourself.
    You just had that moment of discovery where you came in contact with some neighbor that doesn't care if you are different they look at you as a nice neighbor.
    It is so hard for some people here to just let go and leave their fear behind but you have done that and it does feel good as you found out.
    I feel like I'm not getting thru to some here that its all up to them to let go and be themselves and not what someone else to decide for you.

It seems to me that initially many people will view us with a little distrust at first. However once they see that you're just being yourself, and are a good person who dresses differently they will accept you.
    When I first started to attend the church that I now attend, there were people who initially kept their distance from me. However, after becoming a regular, and interacting and being just me, I find that the people who were initially cool to me have been coming up and being friendly to me.