Thread: Family being told now

Family being told now

This week I started coming out to family and friends . I have the full support of my Wife and together we decided it was time .
    I started with my Two Sons ,it was not easy but I got it done .They both said they love me but I am going against Gods will for my life . I know better but that is there stance ,so have not heard from them since .
    On the bright side all week I have been telling friends, am up to 14 now and I have been over joyed by all the support I have received from both men and women .
    Not easy but had to be done.

Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear your sons' reactions. You might ask them why they think you have taken this path.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-20-2017 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Let's keep discussion of religion out of it

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Terri, glad you are being supported by your wife and that your friends have responded so positively.

Sorry to read about your sons' attitude. Do you think it is worth giving them a little more time to digest the news then trying to reach out to them via your wife?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Thanks Rianna , We are planning to give them the time they need to adjust and hoping that time does heal things

Silver Member
    I'm in SoCal, but once lived near you. I wish I could be there to help you through your challenges ...... and to enjoy a delicious Boonsboro cantalope .

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Andrews View Post
    I have been over joyed by all the support I have received from both men and women .
    Not easy but had to be done.

Yes Jenny ,I do love the Boonsboro Lopes

Wow, I'm really happy for you. Sure wish my wife would support me....you're so lucky of having your life partner supporting you through your journey.

Hi Terri Its wonderful that you have such an amazing wife and great friends. I am saddened to hear about the responses from your sons. I received almost the identical response from my brother. I was told that what I was doing was against God's will and that this was a sure way for my soul to be cast into hell. I was very shocked with his response but fortunately within a few weeks of his comments failing to have the desired response - which would have been for me to change my mind about transitioning - he told me that he still loved me and wanted to be part of my life even if that meant accepting me as his sister in the future. I really believe that your sons will come around and continue to be in your life. They probably just need a little time right now to sort everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Andrews View Post
    I started with my Two Sons ,it was not easy but I got it done .They both said they love me but I am going against Gods will for my life .
    I come from a strong religious background and they taught me it is pride and arrogance to believe you know God's will, especially as it applies to another person. I hope they can come to understand that if it comes down to it, this is an issue between you and your God. As long as you know you're on the right path, their concern should be love and acceptance. Good luck.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thanks all for your thoughts . I know that I am on the right path ,we all deserve to be able to live our lives as we want
    I am very sad about my sons attitude and can only hope and pray that at some point they at least open their minds a little I told 12 others and the have all been very supportive ,so I will try to be glad about them