Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boys will be girls.

Boys will be girls.

I found this film title on my sky film list so thought 'this sounds interesting'…..turns out to be just an old 1937 comedy and nothing to do with crossdressing.
    Are there any films about crossdressing?

There are hundreds of films including, or about, cross dressing. There are very funny comedies and very serious films. There are films that portray us well and films that cast us in a very bad light.
    For one of the funniest films of all time check out Some Like It Hot with Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    There are hundreds of films including, or about, cross dressing. There are very funny comedies and very serious films. There are films that portray us well and films that cast us in a very bad light.
    For one of the funniest films of all time check out Some Like It Hot with Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe.
    A full list is expected from you by this time tomorrow or I will want to know the reason why!
    But seriously, I was thinking more about people like us and not Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis in a dress......I have to admit Curtis did look cute?

There have been threads on this subject before. The only real life videos of crossdressers I know of are on youtube. There are documentaries on Transgenders, drag queens, and a few amateur videos of CD events.

As for Hollywood movies, they're either more about transexuals or comedies with crossdressing included.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

We need our own network like HGTV, we can name it CDTV. It should run movies, talk shows, game shows, etc.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dee we are such a small segment of society it wouldn't be profitable.

This is a great movie and Rikki is an actual transsexual.
    To me it portrays things as they really are in today's world. My TS friends all loves this movie because it hits on a lot of truths they have encountered.
    https://youtu.be/63R5Mencf38
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-20-2017 at 08:22 AM.

i saw 'une nouvelle amie' recently it's a french film but you can probably find online or a dvd with english subtitles. it was good!

Platinum Member
    The Danish Girl comes to mind.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Breakfast On Pluto, starring Cillian Murphy, one of the best portrayals of a female by a male I have seen.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Look for a movie called Just Like A Woman, a wonderful 1992 British film starring Adrian Pasdar and Julie Walters about a crossdresser and his budding romance with an accepting woman after his wife kicks him out. It's the only one that I know of that focuses on a crossdresser rather than transsexuals or drag queens.
    My name is Carol.

Julogden is right - Just Like a Woman is a fun film. Highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by karenph View Post
    Julogden is right - Just Like a Woman is a fun film. Highly recommend it.
    Just found it and yes, it looks really good! Thanks girls.

Banned Spammer
    Danish Girl wasn't all that great IMO too much melodramatic over acting.

Platinum Member
    Yeah, and the plot seemed a bit contrived....

I've actually become a fan of Japanese anime mostly because of the crossdressing. I guess this is just a big thing with the Japanese, having characters dress up on the opposite gender's clothing?

try http://tgmovieguide.org/ Tiffany's tg movie guide

Glen or Glenda by Ed Wood.

"In 1953, Wood wrote and directed the exploitative semi-documentary Glen or Glenda (originally titled I Changed My Sex!) with producer George Weiss, which starred Wood (under the alias "Daniel Davis"), his girlfriend Dolores Fuller and Lugosi as a god-like narrator. The film was loosely based on trans woman Christine Jorgensen. While panned by critics then and now (being considered as one of Wood's worst films), though many praise the camp qualities, the film is notable for its groundbreaking empathetic portrayal of LGBT issues at a time when most media were very hostile."

I'm trying to remember who played him in his autobiography movie. I remember one detail that he loved cashmere sweaters. He was the 'king of b movies' .... the movie was pretty good ... Johnny Depp played him. He is a good actor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood

Suzy,
    Tootsie & Transamerica come to mind.
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Not a movie, but British TV Series "Accused" has an episode, "Tracie's Story", starring Sean Bean as a crossdresser. He is a terrific actor and it is worth watching just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Yeah, and the plot seemed a bit contrived....
    Unless I'm mistaken it's based on a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Breakfast On Pluto, starring Cillian Murphy, one of the best portrayals of a female by a male I have seen.
    I'll have to check this one out, I love Cillian Murphy!
    Another interesting one that I haven't seen yet but I have read about is called "The Beautiful Boxer". It's the bio pic of the Thai boxer who fought his way to the top so that he could afford a sex change operation. I love how ironic it is that he chose a route of such intense masculinity to achieve his dream of femininity.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Banned Spammer
    Yes it was supposed to be a true story Violet but the screenplay and the sub par acting is what ruined it for me.
    A good actor will help you to get into the character and feel what is going on but this movie was just lacking on all points.

Silver Member
    How about these:
    Kinky Boots
    Priscilla Queen of the Desert
    To Wong Foo: Thanks for everything. Julie Newmar.

+1 on To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

But the classic is Some Like It Hot, with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and of course Marilyn Monroe.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    When will this thread be deleted?
    Any way transamerica, trantasia,to wong fool,kinky boots,crying game.