Thread: Pure Barre Question

Pure Barre Question

Hello beautiful ladies,

In my quest for a girl body, I have enrolled in Pure Barre classes in my area. For those of you who don't know, this is a ballet-inspired fitness class that is guaranteed to increase flexibility, sculpt, and burn fat without building bulk. Does anyone on the forum have experience with this?

The catch, it is mostly female-oriented (darn), requires me to wear leggings (double darn), and is certain to make female clothes fit better (triple darn). I thought that combined with my hrt, this is sure to be the way to success...

Hugs,

Mandy
    Last edited by Miss Mandy; 08-21-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go for it and you will be taking one for the team LOLOL.
    The suffering will be great but you can do it. How awful it will be to wear leggings? You poor dear.

Silver Member
    And you'll be even more upset when you find out how you look in a tutu. Have fun anyway!

Silver Member
    Coincidentally I have looked into doing these classes too but en male, no HRT...If you haven't gone yet or signed up you may want to just start doing some similar exercises you can find on youtube. from what i have researched getting through the first few classes if you are in poor shape can be discouraging. I would think that most of the movements will be feminine in nature and graceful which can only help to improve feminine deportment.
    I called a local studio a while back and the woman was very inviting and when I asked if I should wear tights she said yes or not too restrictive shorts or even sweatpants. Thatnks for posting, maybe i will finally go and try a class soon.
    good luck and please keep us posted.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Thanks for the idea which I will be looking into in my area. Success girl have fun.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mandy View Post
    ...without building bulk.
    Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood this. Bulk is sexy!

There seems to be a common misconception that if someone does lower-body strength training, that you'll automatically get these huge cut angular muscles & look like Arnold Schwarzenegger -- even the GG's!

Couldn't be further from the truth.

There's a GG YouTuber who I watch sometimes, who does leggings reviews. She also does a lot of leg-work in the gym using really heavy weights, where she has brought her camera & filmed herself.

I assure you, she has one fine lower body... One that actually looks *feminine*, at that!

Also, for a while, I was doing my own form of aerobics/dance/strength-training for my lower body. Just at home, in front of a full-length mirror, without the use of weights (except the weight of myself ). Yeah, I started getting results. Definitely added some rounded bulk. And it started looking pretty good & more on the femmy side.

But, I couldn't continue that, as I got a new job which now gives me a full-body work-out, all day, every day. Combo of cardio & strength. Fast-forward 6 months, and not only have I lost fat on my upper body, but also my lower body has *never* looked bigger, better & more shapely! Butt, thighs, hips & calves... All which look darn good in a pair of leggings, if I do say so, myself.

Want a more fem body (without HRT)? Yeah, burn fat from your upper body, don't work out like a guy for your upper body, and instead focus on your lower body. Result? Smaller upper body, larger lower body... You know, more how a healthy "normal" GG looks.

Regardless, please enjoy your new class, Mandy! I honestly don't want to spoil your fun. But that "no bulk" thing is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, is all, LOL.

I work out our club. Female instructors and females in the class. Yeah girly class and it works well. I also do yoga and that helps stretching So do it and poor you for wear leggings. OMG I would like to wear leggings for yoga.
    Part Time Girl

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    So, wear 'em, Dana...

don't know anything aobut it but very cool! Do that workout and get that feminine body, sweety!

<3 Sage <3

get mandy a pinterest account, all kinds of exercises shared that target problem areas and its free....all combined you cant go wrong....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    WOW, What a great idea! I do hope you keep us up to date on your progress.

I hope you've left enough room in your closet for all the new workout clothes!!

I took yoga for five years (stopped a couple of years ago) and wore leggings and even ballet tights with shorts all the time. It was never a problem, and I was the only guy. I wear the same thing today for health club cardio five times a week. Again, not a problem. If you have the bod and legs for it, and you want to wear them, do it.

That sounds a bit like the Zumba and step aerobics classes i attend. Mostly all women.
    I wear Danskin leggings, a tank top and sports bra. It's pretty awesome.
    Anyway wishing you the best of luck in that Pure Barre class.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

I've been taking ballet classes for about 8 years now. Lots of barre work. I'm left sweating after a 90 minute class and it does help with my flexibility.

While I was looking for improvements to my poise, grace and flexibility at 58 nothing comes fast or easy. I'm "slowly" getting there.

I've been wearing tights to class for years and also at home when I work out. It's the accepted norm to my daughters. Besides, they think dad's crazy to do it anyway!

I say try it out. You don't have to sign up for life, just a month or even individual classes. If it's for you, stay with it. If not, try something else.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mandy , That sounds like fun, Please keep us posted......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Christi Sparks
    Stop worrying and just do it. They are tough and you'll be sore for days, but they are good for you. I do a mix of yoga, barre, strength and cycle classes and the affect I see on my bootie is amazing. But I work out a lot. Wear leggings!! no one gives a ****, even though I am the only guy wearing leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mandy View Post
    Hello beautiful ladies,

In my quest for a girl body, I have enrolled in Pure Barre classes in my area. For those of you who don't know, this is a ballet-inspired fitness class that is guaranteed to increase flexibility, sculpt, and burn fat without building bulk. Does anyone on the forum have experience with this?

The catch, it is mostly female-oriented (darn), requires me to wear leggings (double darn), and is certain to make female clothes fit better (triple darn). I thought that combined with my hrt, this is sure to be the way to success...

Hugs,

Mandy
    I've taken a couple of barre classes, me and a bunch of girls. It's really a tough class for an old man (lady) like me, and I think it's oversold on it's ability to increase flexibility, sculpt, and burn fat without building bulk. But, try it. It won't hurt. Sorry, you will hury, but it won't hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I work out our club. Female instructors and females in the class. Yeah girly class and it works well. I also do yoga and that helps stretching So do it and poor you for wear leggings. OMG I would like to wear leggings for yoga.
    Actually, you can wear leggings for yoga if you have the muffins for it. I wear leggings all the time now, and starting a couple of months ago, I started wearing yoga tops like tank tops and racerbacks. I've also worn toe nail polish for several years to yoga class. I've had many compliments and no criticisms. The only problem is when the yoga instructor and I where the same purple racerback top. She looks much better in it than I do!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    So today I was checking out Groupon and there was an offer for a nearby Barre studio, 10 classes for next to nothing so I sent the studio an email asking about men taking weekday classes. I got a very honest and inviting reply saying that weekday's are most likely going to be all women but that I'm more than welcome and that the exercises are for all. I asked about proper attire and she said, bike short, tights with or without shorts over them or sweats and a tee shirt. I replied with a question about socks and also for her to clarify the need for shorts over my tights. She replied that grippy socks are needed and are available at the studio to borrow (for your first class) or buy, but that shorts over tights/bike shorts would not at all be necessary and that she included them, in case I wanted to wear them. She closed with, I hope to see you in class and if you have other questions don't hesitate. I hope to buy the package later tonight.

I attend a Barre class with my wife a few times a year and enjoy it immensely. I'm always the only guy in the room. I am amazed at the difference in the "vibe" during the class. Far less posturing.

Silver Member
    Brody, would you feel OK going by yourself? What do you wear and is it as tough as I have read or are you able to keep up with the regulars? Do the routines at her place include the "tuck" exercises?
    Thanks for any other insight? Can you elaborate on the Vibe you speak of?