Thread: A simple thing!?

A simple thing!?

In line at the bank today, I noticed that I did not cross my arms on my chest as usual! Looked around and noticed some men with arms crossed! The other men had their arms at their sides! I had my arms down and had one hand holding the wrist of the other hand and noted at least two women doing the same! No men were doing this! It did not feel uncomfortable or odd! Is this feminine or just the position I got in and nothing else? Please add your comments! In other words, am I making too much out of this? Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I never thought about that one. But I do find myself putting my hands on my hips, or just the one hand I am not using on my hip. Once I was standing in line at a fast food place in guy mode. It was taking too long for me, so I placed my hands on my hips in discust. Then I noticed two young girls in the back looking at me. One of them put her hands on her hips and kind of "wiggled" in a girly way while looking right at me and smiling.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-01-2017 at 06:13 PM.

That is the way I walk up the asile to receive communion at church. I will watch the gentlemen's hand and arm placement tomorrow and report back.

Will God get mad if I do that rather than pray to Him? Ummmm, on second thought, I will stick with "I do it too".

Roberta-I do the hand(s) on the hip(s) thing also!
    Tracy-"I do it too!" will be OK, don't want to take your attention away from God at all! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Hands on hips - generally when men put their hands on their hips the fingers are in front and the thumb is towards the back while women tend to put the fingers towards the back and the thumb in front...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Platinum Member
    Too small a sample! My guess is that if you randomly observed 1000 people you would find that the mannerisms you describe were exhibited by all, regardless of gender.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hummm. Interesting.
    When standing, I have my purse or camera in one hand. When the camera is on hand, the purse or camera is either over the right shoulder, or the strap is woven into and around the fingers and/or wrist.
    Sit me in a chair and when not talking, one hand holds my purse and the other either the wrist of the hand holding the purse, or holds the camera or purse. I don't think I could talk without using at least one of my hands.
    Bring in a table, then either the purse or camera will be on the table or in my lap. (That is dependent on how secure I feel the place is.)
    Now when taking photos I normally use two hands on the camera, but can operate it to some degree with one hand.

Maybe I hold the camera and/or purse as a 'security blanket' surrogate. I am still trying to sneak out of the closet more.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 09-02-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: readability
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Ambigendrous-I have noticed the hand placement as well!
    Kim-You are probably right! This was for fun and to see if others observed the same things as I do!
    Leslie-I too wrap the strap around my wrist or just hold it in my hand! (purse) Still do not talk with the hands that much!
    Thanks for your responses! I just needed some feed back on this!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    As a kid I was constantly reminded that I shouldn't walk or stand with an arm held in front of me wrist down because it looked feminine. I never could stop doing it though.

Sarah, yes I was told the same thing! Gender training! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Kinda funny. I was getting my first ever makeover with Amy and she said, "Keep your knees together." I've become very aware of all the natural male things that I do unconsciously.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Can I take this far out of left field and say that I have The Nutcracker suite playing in the background!

Any individual pose is just that, a pose! Your relaxed stance should be just that!
    Your stance is of who you are!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The only time I care about those physical "pose" things is when I take photos, Lana Mae. Then, a fem pose is very necessary!

When I'm out dressed, those things never occur to me. I'm too busy wondering where the next jeer or guffa is going to come from!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The other behavior that comes to mind is how we cross our legs when we sit down, at the ankle or the knee. I know when I wear a skirt I almost always cross at the knee and much of the time, even in guy mode cross at the knee while wearing pants. Who keeps track of these things other than ourselves? There must be a pot of data out there someplace on these physical expressions that become gender cues.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I think that we do more feminine poses subconsciously. At least I do and even subtly wiggle my as in male clothes. Very subtly though. It seems when wearing boots is some what like heels and you get a natural wiggle.
    Part Time Girl

Carla-Men tend to spread their legs when sitting. Something that should not be done by a woman!
    Stacy-In male mode, I do both male and female "poses"! I try to only do female poses when dressed!
    Doc-That was me my first time out! Did not get a single guffa or jeer! I did hold my hands in my lap with my ankles crossed and knees together!
    Sarah-I cross my ankles with the knees together! I have hip problems and crossing at the knee hurts and causes numbness!
    Dana-I know what you are talking about! Me,too!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs, Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!