Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing bra to work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wearing bra to work

I mentioned to my wife that I wish could wear a bra more frequently. She encourahed me to wear a sports bra to work. She said nobody would notice it under an undershirt under a button down.

Thoughts, advice, or suggestions?

While layers help they are not a guarantee the sports bra will not be seen. If you want to go more stealth try a bralette.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've started wearing a soft padded bra to work pretty much daily now, no issues and I usually have a cami on as well.
    It's my business and no one else's what I'm wearing so go for it

Silver Member
    My wearing a bra has been noticed many times. All it takes is someone putting a hand on your back. Have had a couple stewardesses put their hand on my back. One freaked out. More than one person has looked down my top as I bent over to sign a receipt. When your talking to someone and they are looking at the girls you know they are thinking something. I've been self employed for most of my life so it didn't matter.

I've been wearing a bra to work for several years now and although I'm sure people have noticed either my bra or the fact that my breasts are larger than a typical guy but not one person has ever commented, as a matter of fact no one has ever had a negative reaction or comment about anything I wear.
    My feeling is it's my choice and if someone doesn't like it that's their problem not mine, if you are worried about being caught or noticed you're obviously not comfortable and confident in what you're doing so it's probably best to not do it or you could push the boundaries of your comfort zone and wear what makes you happy !

Platinum Member
    If your wife is good with a sports bra, wear a sports bra.

The big question is "Why"? If found out, the consequences could be not to your liking.
    Jon

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Exactly why? If you are afraid of being found out why would you do something like that.
    Its like common sense isn't used by many these days.
    Just wear it at home or out with your wife whatever on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    wear a unpadded sports bra , they don't have cups
    That's what my wife suggested as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Exactly why? If you are afraid of being found out why would you do something like that.
    Its like common sense isn't used by many these days.
    Just wear it at home or out with your wife whatever on the weekends.
    That's probably what I'll continue to do. I like my job, and I saw firsthand how intolerant most of the employees were when someone came out as transgender a few years back.

Thanks for the input.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its probably wise not to wear even a sports bra to work if you have to work with people like that.
    I'm retired so sometimes I wear a sports bra if my guy boobs need some support. A regular bra if I am in 100% girl mode to hold the forms in place.
    Not a real fan of bras and I don't have a bra fetish like some on this site claiming it makes them feel girly LOL to me they serve a purpose and thats all.

Consequences? What? For wearing a DIY upper back brace/support?

Must always be ready to think fast!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post

I've never seen a back or shoulder brace with cups. They're not interchangeable.
    Jon

wear a unpadded sports bra , they don't have cups and under a shirt they look like a male sleeveless t-shirt

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post

Ah yes, that mysterious medical device that looks just like a bra...

You know that explanation is not going to fool anyone. Everybody knows what a bra is, looks, and feels like under clothes, specially GG's.

Nope, if you are going to wear a bra while otherwise presenting as male, you have to be ready to own it, or don't do it.

I agree just wear an un-padded sports bra. Don't worry what folks would think. Like Ronda said, Back support.
    Part Time Girl

During the summer I wear a white bralette or pullover bra under my work shirt. So far no probs.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Reality Check
    A T shirt and regular shirt may or may not hide a bra but the first time someone hugs you or places their hand on your back or shoulder, it will be pretty obvious that you are wearing a bra.

Wearing a bra to work is a bad idea. Being found out could hurt your career but it could also hurt your relationship with your co-workers.

As for an excuse:

"Hey Joe, when did you start wearing a bra?"

Answer - "Ever since my wife found one in my glove compartment."

I understand wanting to extend your girl time. I'm out and have been basically warned at work not to. It was about wearing nail polish. What i can get away with is my hair. Its long and i wear it in a ponytail like a girl , high up on the back of of head. I understand the companys point I'm a service tech, face of the company thing. Then I live in CA.

Very risky! One hug and done! Unless I am wearing forms-no bra! Just my $0.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Never ! Too risky, especially around here. I wore a bra to work several years ago (strong pink fog) and was not comfortable, nervous all day, worried a woman would recognize it immediately, etc. I tried a camisole too, but same. Not worth the risk, when I get home though...zap...bra, hose & panties, etc.

Love wearing a bra, and in drab mode too.
    I know it irritates the wife at times, especially when it is clearly visible. My first garden variety Playtex bras were sufficiently bulky as to make them clearly visible under a (male) shirt. I personally didn't give a hoot, and the faint visible hint was alway part of the secret joy of going out in it. But it didn't impress the wife who wants a little more caution and discretion exercised.

I purchased some Maidenform lacy bralettes with no wires; very low profile and light construction. Thin spaghetti straps. The sweetest lace trim cups. And it feels divine. I could sleep in it and wear it all day.
    Of course, The Wife reminds me that life in a bra is entirely different for GG's who have to sling a pair of real breasts around in them. She hates wearing one and wonders who in their right mind would WANT to wear a bra if they didn't have to. I understand the angst of real breasts and a real bra that may dig into your back or shoulders due to the weight being carried. All kinds of uncomfortable things happen to GG's and their on-going Love-Hate relationship with bras.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I tried a bralette for the first time a year ago and love them; very comfortable. I sometimes wear them (the ones with no pads or removable pads) to work. Being very thin, they work with an undershirt and dress shirt. They fit smooth to the body but I can feel the lace if I touch myself. If you worry the traditional straps and hooks will out you, then give a braletter a try.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

It's a nice though but I would be nervous about being outed.

Hey If you think you can pull it off go for it ,im a mechanic for 38 years i have worn stockings and garters to work perfume and even bras once in a while my buddies
    Would say things like i smell perfume i would say i had sex that morning they would drop it im sure they saw my legs but they never told me anything It is risky But its the only way i like going to work.im at an age were i dont care who knows anymore

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Hey If you think you can pull it off go for it ,im a mechanic for 38 years i have worn stockings and garters to work perfume and even bras once in a while my buddies
    Would say things like i smell perfume i would say i had sex that morning they would drop it im sure they saw my legs but they never told me anything It is risky But its the only way i like going to work.im at an age were i dont care who knows anymore
    I work by myself the majority of the time. There fore I wear panties and a bra every day to work and you really can't tell under my uniform that I have a bra on. When I do come into contact with people either they can't tell or don't care, no one has yet to say anything if they do notice that I have one on.