Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing bra to work

Wearing bra to work

I mentioned to my wife that I wish could wear a bra more frequently. She encourahed me to wear a sports bra to work. She said nobody would notice it under an undershirt under a button down.

Thoughts, advice, or suggestions?

While layers help they are not a guarantee the sports bra will not be seen. If you want to go more stealth try a bralette.

Platinum Member
    If your wife is good with a sports bra, wear a sports bra.

The big question is "Why"? If found out, the consequences could be not to your liking.
    Jon

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Exactly why? If you are afraid of being found out why would you do something like that.
    Its like common sense isn't used by many these days.
    Just wear it at home or out with your wife whatever on the weekends.

Consequences? What? For wearing a DIY upper back brace/support?

Must always be ready to think fast!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Consequences? What? For wearing a DIY upper back brace/support?

Must always be ready to think fast!
    I've never seen a back or shoulder brace with cups. They're not interchangeable.
    Jon

wear a unpadded sports bra , they don't have cups and under a shirt they look like a male sleeveless t-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    wear a unpadded sports bra , they don't have cups and under a shirt they look like a male sleeveless t-shirt
    The women would know.
    Jon

I agree just wear an un-padded sports bra. Don't worry what folks would think. Like Ronda said, Back support.
    Part Time Girl

During the summer I wear a white bralette or pullover bra under my work shirt. So far no probs.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Reality Check
    A T shirt and regular shirt may or may not hide a bra but the first time someone hugs you or places their hand on your back or shoulder, it will be pretty obvious that you are wearing a bra.

Wearing a bra to work is a bad idea. Being found out could hurt your career but it could also hurt your relationship with your co-workers.

As for an excuse:

"Hey Joe, when did you start wearing a bra?"

Answer - "Ever since my wife found one in my glove compartment."

Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    wear a unpadded sports bra , they don't have cups
    That's what my wife suggested as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Exactly why? If you are afraid of being found out why would you do something like that.
    Its like common sense isn't used by many these days.
    Just wear it at home or out with your wife whatever on the weekends.
    That's probably what I'll continue to do. I like my job, and I saw firsthand how intolerant most of the employees were when someone came out as transgender a few years back.

Thanks for the input.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its probably wise not to wear even a sports bra to work if you have to work with people like that.
    I'm retired so sometimes I wear a sports bra if my guy boobs need some support. A regular bra if I am in 100% girl mode to hold the forms in place.
    Not a real fan of bras and I don't have a bra fetish like some on this site claiming it makes them feel girly LOL to me they serve a purpose and thats all.

Silver Member
    Tracii has this figured out already for you! No way can you wear a bra-ish item without a fair amount of risk others will notice. You need to be absolutely sure you don't adjust the strap, pull down the band or have someone hug or touch you where the bra is, very risky!!!

For those that have a good come back as to why your wearing a bra - what about those that notice your bra and think it's weird, but they're too nice to ask you about it? Those same people might not have a problem talking about it to others behind your back. There could be a rumor going around that you don't even know about!

And by the time you reduce your bra to a a sports bra with no cups you won't feel like you're wearing a bra anyway. You might have guessed, I don't feel compelled to under dress very often. And when I do, it doesn't include a bra.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I understand wanting to extend your girl time. I'm out and have been basically warned at work not to. It was about wearing nail polish. What i can get away with is my hair. Its long and i wear it in a ponytail like a girl , high up on the back of of head. I understand the companys point I'm a service tech, face of the company thing. Then I live in CA.

Platinum Member
    I've never been able to wrap my head around the dying necessity for some to wear a bra to work. Please explain. I just don't see it. There is that old "risk v reward" problem. To me it almost seems like a little kid trying to "sneak" something past the teacher. I tried this "underdressing" thing and found it did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I just keep myself too compartmentalized. When Stephanie comes out, she comes out all the way. I read threads like this and what my wife said to me a long time ago comes back to me. "Why would a man who has nothing to pack into it want to wear a bra?" The first thing my wife would do after a long day at work is to shed that bra real quick!

Very risky! One hug and done! Unless I am wearing forms-no bra! Just my $0.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Never ! Too risky, especially around here. I wore a bra to work several years ago (strong pink fog) and was not comfortable, nervous all day, worried a woman would recognize it immediately, etc. I tried a camisole too, but same. Not worth the risk, when I get home though...zap...bra, hose & panties, etc.

It's a nice though but I would be nervous about being outed.

Hey If you think you can pull it off go for it ,im a mechanic for 38 years i have worn stockings and garters to work perfume and even bras once in a while my buddies
    Would say things like i smell perfume i would say i had sex that morning they would drop it im sure they saw my legs but they never told me anything It is risky But its the only way i like going to work.im at an age were i dont care who knows anymore

Go ahead wear it if you want what harm could it do. If you get busted which is very doubtful you could probably explain it away as a back problem or maybe a bad bet. BUt I seriously doubt you would have a problem.
    I have tried it and forgot all about it has I got in to work and doing the work thing. If I dress I want to do it all the way and not under dress except for panties because they hold the boys more securely.
    JUst have fun what ever feels good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I've done it and don't recommend it. I justified the behavior to myself because I don't/ can't dress at home. My thinking was if I can't dress at home or at work - where can I? Going back about 10 years I wore a sports bra once or twice a week at work. No one ever called me out on it - but I'm pretty sure my boss noticed it once, and at least 1 coworker. When that job ended, I've resisted wearing bras at work ever since.

I honesty do every day, It actually seems to help my muscle stiffness in my shoulders and rib cage area that get tensed up and seem to become sore. I move heavy parts around and lift pull and twist as fast as we can (car factory) so everyone is sore there. But Ive got the Nike high support sports bras all the time under my work shirts. Nobody has even hinted about anything other then my long hair.....IMG_2601.jpg
    I have quite a few sports bras in stock.

Pretty in Pink