Thread: Hair Trigger, Long Fuse or Always Ready to dress?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Hair Trigger, Long Fuse or Always Ready to dress?

When you find yourself wishing for or acting on the opportunity to dress, what were the cues you felt prior to that moment? How rapidly did it build and has it changed through time? Were you just walking along, minding your own business and suddenly something triggers you? Or was it a slow set of waves, imperceptible at first that slowly but steadily built into a tide that couldn't be ignored? Maybe it's something that's with you all the time, never going away and always demanding your attention, so that it's not a trigger item that gets you going, but only the opportunity.

What kinds of things trigger your dressing? Seeing a beautiful woman or an outfit that attracts your attention? The touch of a particular fabric? The scent of perfume? The scent of dish soap? Waking up in the morning or just a quiet moment when nothing else is jostling for your time and attention?

Over the years for me it's been all of the above at one time or another, often going several weeks without the thought. But now in my retirement years it seems to come more frequently and stays for longer periods. In the past a good session of dressing, maybe a day or two getting out would resolve the desire, but these days there are times dressing fails to resolve the feeling. Just waking up knowing I can dress when I want can itself create a strong attraction. This constant desire should go away eventually, at least every time I've felt this way in the past it has, but it's been particularly strong recently.

What is your experience? Do you have a hair trigger, long fuse or are you ready all the time regardless? What lights that fuse or pulls that trigger that gets you into a skirt and in front of the mirror applying your makeup?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    For me the desire and need is always and has always been there.

All I am ever lacking is the opportunity.

I am always ready to dress. The more time I have, the fancier it gets. If my son is away for an afternoon you will probably find me in a wedding or prom dress.

just as Roberta and Tracy have said the feeling and desire to dress never really go away, it gets pushed aside somtimes by the demands of work or family but even at work I often find my mind wandering to how it would feel to be doing that particular task whilst dressed. But the main thing preventing Heather time is oppertunity, its so difficult getting enough time alone, like most I have to snatch what time I can

Platinum Member
    Honestly, the thought is with me most of the time these days. I have done what I felt appropriate to keep the feeling in check. Like you, I live alone, but I'm still working which still puts most weekdays out of the question. Periodically, I'll grow out my facial hair, just being scruffy poses a bit of a deterrent for me. And at intervals I will pack everything away neatly, so that its not readily at hand. I'm in that phase at the moment.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I was first dating my wife, the desire faded. She knew of my cd/tg status. It actually went away for a few years then one day she commented how sexy and feminine my legs were. That was the trigger and I've been dressing again since then. These days I don't have any triggers. It's just when the opportunity presents itself, I dress. The desire hasn't gone away.

*edited to add*
    Th only thing that might qualify as a trigger is that if I see an outfit that catches my eye, I might get the desire to dress but most times, buying that outfit for my wife quells the urge to dress.
    Last edited by alesha; 09-01-2017 at 01:19 PM.

For me the desire is always there and I often look into the future for chances to dress. I then think about what I will wear for days before the opportunity and when it arrives I am ready to perform the change quickly. My wife and I just got back from an extended photo trip to Alaska and my sights are on Sunday evening and I will get more andmore excited and ready for that evening.

It's always there for me and I will always dress if the opportunity presents itself.

Like the previous posts my dressing is really dependent on opportunity. As for triggers, pretty much anything triggers me.... being around women, seeing women, walking though the women's clothing section at the store, seeing a bra strap, panty line, high heels, etc. Heck, the morning female traffic reporter triggers me.

Reality Check
    No "trigger". I get up in the morning (I'm retired) and if I don't have something special to do, I dress as a woman. No prom or wedding dresses, I dress like a woman might dress. If I have somewhere to go, I dress as a man. If I dress as a woman, I may go back to male later in the day if I have something to do.

No trigger required for me! The intensity will change with the sight of something beautiful or the scent of a rose though.

I'm so ready to dress that I've spent Saturday night combing my wigs and ironing clothes in anticipation of what Sunday may bring!

I sometimes wish that I did need a trigger, that way my mind could rest between triggered dressing times!

Now I shall go to bed and dream about dressing,
    Goodnight, Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

It's all of that. It's never one thing for me.

Silver Member
    I dress pretty every morning. For you girls who can only do it for a short time, or when the opportunity presents itself, I 'feel' for you.